2013 Was A Damned Good Year

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    QuarantineRoad and WhisperFire26 like this.
  2. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

Damn that's a lot. :D Sweet job UL! This past year has been amazing. Keep up the awesome work and eat a TON OF PIE

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    NeoXCS likes this.
  3. Mad cannibal

Mad cannibal Here To Help

When's the sequel?

4. WhisperFire26

WhisperFire26 Here To Help

That's amazing! Congrats!!! :D

King of AR likes this.
  5. King of AR

King of AR Got Your Back

indeed you guys have earned every bit of your success ,and I salute you .

6. Abhor Deities

Abhor Deities Got Your Back

Glad to see you guys come so far in such a short time frame :)

Even happier that we've been apart of the process. Good job Undead Labs. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you'll always have a fan in me.

7. Dantron

Dantron Here To Help

State of Decay was second on the list of Dantron's Favourite Things of 2013.

Undead Nicole likes this.
  8. gish

gish Got Your Back

What was 1st??

9. Dantron

Dantron Here To Help

Dantron, of course! :D

Actually, first place on the list of Dantron's Favourite Things of 2013 is pie. It is always pie.

Dantron offers gish & e5 a slice of really, really yummy 2013* pie. :)

*Dantron notes that 2013 is the flavour of the pie; the pie itself is being made sometime in the near future.

NeoXCS and e5futter like this.
  10. You just get your deserved ovations! Definitely my favorite game out there at the moment. Love the amount of detail and reactivity you put in it.

11. gish

gish Got Your Back

Yay pie yum

12. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Someone please tell me, what is the deal with pie? Johnny-come-lately to the forums, and I am thoroughly mystified. Also, yay UL!

e5futter likes this.
  13. Kid Kayole

Kid Kayole Here To Help

I particularly love the XBLAFans one - good stuff UL!

14. Seseron

Seseron Here To Help

It has to do with the value of Pi. See THIS GOOGLE IMAGE LINK for further information on this mystery of the universe.

(Congratz UL, on a job well done.)

XzerothreeX likes this.
  15. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

I see, said the blind man. Most helpful. Thank you kindly.

TrollerCon likes this.
  16. TrollerCon

TrollerCon Got Your Back

We who are about to die SALUTE YOU!

In story mode - I hadn't purchased Breakdown yet:

I had built up Marcus to be a Goliath of a fighter . I had someone new come into my camp. I decided to play as them to build up their skills. I partnered them with Marcus as a solid bad ass backup. Things got dicey in an industrial warehouse. Marcus was DESTROYING everything he touched. He was schooling the "newbie" that I was playing as.

Then I saw a straggler (Screamer) off to the side, chased it down quickly, and eradicated the foul beast with a solid knockdown followed by a powerhouse blow to the head. I turned around to watch Marcus get absolutely swarmed out of nowhere. He was dead before I could get them all off. I was so...incredibly...angry at that wonderful I'm-gonna-auto-save-right-now-so-you-can't-get-Marcus-back that I rage quit the game and logged out of Steam (cause that'll show em!!). I stood up and started pacing. My wife completely understood. She doesn't play SoD, but she loves video games (and she is gorgeous...THEY REALLY DO EXIST).

After about 10 minutes I decided I wanted to play SoD some more, but I couldn't bear the thought of continuing without my confident captain, Marcus. I mean, c'mon, he had calmed down so many in my camp. He lead the group to safety time and time again. He was the strength my group needed (yes, I'm overselling it...but it's fun). I couldn't just restart!

I bought Breakdown. Been playing that instead for the last week. Cute tactic, Undead Labs! This was your plan to sell more DLC ALL ALONG! Don't hide it.

Final thought: I really do understand why the instant save character death is important. But DAMN! Isn't there something that can make me feel like I didn't invest all that time for nothing? It's so debilitating when I lose someone so vital to the game. I share the load and get other characters on par with their skills. But there's always my superstar. And when they die it makes the game less rewarding to play pisses me off.

However...credit is given when it's due. I've played games with serious penalties and I've stopped playing them because of said penalties. With UL's State of Decay, I endure. I press on. With full time work, wife, & everything in between...I only have so much time to play games. It is a great compliment to tell you that I continue playing State of Decay even after the rage of losing my best character.

And yes I'm being pretty melodramatic here. It's all in good fun. Congratulations on a fantastic game. You've certainly earned some faithful followers. I may hate the permanent death "feature". It sure as hell makes the gameplay that much more intense, even if I really hate to admit it.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    MattyDienhoff and XzerothreeX like this.
  17. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Well put. Actually, I have managed to kill power before the auto save to rescue my beloved ninjas. My wife is a gamer as well. She actually pulled me back into the game world. Totally understand the shock of losing a hard-earned Hercules. Feels so unfair to see Billy Bad Ass get dragged down when the survivor armed with a
    frying pan and a talent for beer pong is
    mopping the floor with ferals. Have fun!

TrollerCon likes this.
  18. TrollerCon

TrollerCon Got Your Back

Hahaha.

Happy hunting

19. Righteous Ham

Righteous Ham Here To Help

It goes to the longstanding feud between members that love Pie and those--far more sane--individuals that enjoy cake more. :p Really it's all in good fun. Certain member(s) have been pushing to have a pie put into the game as a consumable item and that may have been what started this whole kerfuffle.

OT: While I don't know of any awards giving to SoD or Undead Labs, outside of those you already posted Sanya, I do know the Escapist has on several occasions featured news stories about your game. When I've seen that they've done this, I've posted the relevant article in your latest news thread.

XzerothreeX likes this.