30 Day's of Night: Harvest Moon (Game Thread/IC)

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Biggles, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Biggles

Biggles Here To Help

"Last bus out of Marlowetown folks!"

You hear this as you sit down in the lobby of the Wittier building. A short man, wearing a blue down jacket and a greasy comb-over stands at the door, waiting for any possible passengers. A few folks stand up and walk out towards a waiting Greyhoud Bus, but you stay. Something is keeping you here.

The lobby is warm, the smell of coffee wafts about in the air. People walk back and forth, from offices, storefronts, and the front doors, to the elevators and stairs.

However, yourself and a few other strangers are sitting on some couches, when you hear a short chime from the lobby clock. It is now 5 o'clock. The short man leaves and you hear the bus depart shortly after.

"Well, that was the last ride out of Marlowetown, looks like we're all in this thing for the long run now." A man says as he walks over to the elevator.

You have the rest of the day. Get acquainted, meet the people you plan on spending a polar night with. ​

2. FTcivic

FTcivic Here To Help

Henry Tolb (Lobby of Witter Tower)

"I could use a hot chocolate about now..." He didn't move much, contrary to his statement. He was too tired, and a bit excited. They had literally gotten up and left the town to them.

Grunting as he halfheartedly reached for his jacket, he looked around. "Hey? I guess it's just us now? Anyone wanna grab a cup of hot chocolate?"

Misaki, Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  3. jackstack

jackstack Here To Help

Leo Tillmann
    Leo was sipping on coffee in the mechanic lounge at the airport. He and a John were talking about one of the twin engine planes that had come in, die to a engine failure. John, the retiring mechanic, stated that the engine he thought had lost fuel and that's where they should start. Leo, moving his thumb around the rim of the cup, looked at John, "Maybe it was the fuel pressure stabilizer? There was plenty of fuel, and it started to sputter, that only points to a few things, and that is the most common." John nodded his head and said, "That's my thoughts too, I'll change it here in a few, and get it back in the air." Leo looked, "I can help, I mean, I can miss the visit if it mean I had work, they'd understand.", "Nah, it's a simple fix, both you and I could do it with out eyes closed.", Leo shrugged, "You're going to need help getting the cover back on the engine.", John shook his head, "No, one person can do it, it's just less aggravating with two. Plus, I've done if for thirty something years, I can manage. If you don't hurry, you're going to miss that last bus, and then I'll be pissed." Leo stood there, he didn't know what to say. He knew if he fought with him, he'd lose and have to deal with it until John retired. Still, John probably stick around for the fun of it." Leo walked away and said "Fine, but if I miss is, I'm coming right back." John let out a hearty laughter, "Good luck, you won't even be able to get it. We're lockin' up early." Leo then asked him, "If I go, will you pick up my truck from that station? You can just keep it at your house if you want", John said, "Sure, but I can't promise you that I won't use it", "Whatever you want John." and he left. While he drove to the bus station, he thought about Jeremy, his father's friend who gave him a space. He owned him, and seeing him would probably be a gesture of some appreciation. They left on a bitter note, Leo felt like he was being thrown out. There was a fight, but Leo more or less left that like water under a bridge. As Leo pulled up to the station, he got out and ran towards the ticket station. He looked at the board and said that the last bus had left.

FTcivic, Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  4. Biggles

Biggles Here To Help

A short man stands up, and walks over "Yeah, I'm down for one." He says.

5. TheMuse

TheMuse Here To Help

Ashley

Ashley sat cross-legged, desperately attempting to look cute to any passersby, the case carrying her retractable pole clearly visible, an open invitation. She wasn't allowed to directly market herself, so she had to wait to be noticed.

Some boring people had started talking about hot chocolate, but she had to watch her figure.

She sat on a couch, batting her eyes at anyone that walked past her, waiting for an opportunity.

Misaki and Bob Crees like this.
  6. Biggles

Biggles Here To Help

A tall, albeit rugged looking woman walks in, wearing a heavy parka and carrying a winterized hiking bag and poles. You notice that the wind and snow has begun to pick up outside, and now you can only faintly see the sun. Several other people shuffle in and out of the building over the commotion of the lobby.

Misaki, FTcivic and Bob Crees like this.
  7. TheMuse

TheMuse Here To Help

Ashley

"Hello Ma'am!" Ashley said with a wink, biting her lip just a little.

8. Biggles

Biggles Here To Help

"Oh, uh hi there..." she says, looking around nervously. "You a local here? I've been hiking through the wilderness, and I'm stopping here for the night. Map says I'm in Marlowetown, that true?"

As she stands there, you notice a ragged looking man walk in, wearing a beat up old knit-cap and a dirty old trench-coat. His hands are wrapped and his boots are worn.

9. TheMuse

TheMuse Here To Help

Ashley

"Sure am." Ashley said with a wink, "And this sure is Marlowetown! Though town might be a strong term..." glanced around the place, momentarily horrified before becoming bright and bubbly once more.

"What's your name? I'm Ashley!" She said, holding out her hand.

10. Biggles

Biggles Here To Help

"Sarah, pleasure to meet you!" She said, extending an arm. You notice the glove she is wearing is torn, and wet from some kind of liquid. Snow, or sweat, or something...

"Want to go grab a coffee?" She asks, pointing over to a small starbucks stand.

11. TheMuse

TheMuse Here To Help

"Of course I would, there's always room for a coffee!" Ashley said. She brought her bag with her, making sure to face it out so the logo was clearly visible.

"How far did you come from?" Ashley said, trying to start up casual conversation. She didn't notice the wet glove because DUH, it's like snowing, like obviously!!!!!! ;) <3

12. Biggles

Biggles Here To Help

"Been out in the wilderness, hiking and hunting mostly." She says, before she takes out her wallet. The two of you walk over to the coffee stand to order coffee.

She orders a caramel brulee, you on the other hand, what do you order @TheMuse ?

13. TheMuse

TheMuse Here To Help

Ashley

“I’ll have what she’s having.” She says, adding a giggle. It’s important to relate, she figures.

“Hunt anything SCARY?!” Ashley said, making a goofy face.

14. Biggles

Biggles Here To Help

"Yeah, bears." Sarah says, nudging a musette bag slung over her shoulder. "Brought my grandpa's .30-06 out here to hunt the bastards, used to do this with him when we were kids"

She looks over her shoulder at the greasy man in the trench coat. You notice he is staring intensely at her.

"Look, it was fun, but I've got to go..." Sarah says, grabbing her coffee and leaving quickly.
    -----------------------------------------

THE CLOCK STRIKES 7

The sun has set. The street lights flicker faintly as light music plays in the lobby.

Very few people mill around the lobby now. Mostly it's just shopkeepers, utility workers hurrying to and from their jobs, and the sheriff, making his rounds. Two deputies flank him.

"What happened to the fountain?" one of the deputies says, as he motions towards a fountain in the center of the lobby. The water has, for some unknown reason stopped flowing.

"Who the hell knows. Janitors prolly shut it down..." The other deputy says.

"Whatever. Go check it out Daniels." The sheriff says, motioning towards a backroom door, that says "UTILITY."

The sheriff motions to the other deputy. "Stay here and keep an eye on things. I'm gonna head back to the office."

The lobby is now deserted, save from a loyal deputy, and a few shopkeepers.

15. TheMuse

TheMuse Here To Help

Ashley

Ashley, unable to snag any people to perform for, spent her day indoors, exercising on the portable stripper pole, the windows open in case anyone crazy enough to be outside could watch and potentially be lured in.

She was bored.

Practice was practice, but she couldn't believe she'd ended up in this little town! As soon as she had enough money she was out of here and onto Hollywood, where she could really get some blood flowing.

She took a break after a particularly difficult hold, drinking some hot chocolate while she stared out the window at the desolate landscape.

Bob Crees likes this.
  16. Biggles

Biggles Here To Help

Outside, you see very little. It is pitch dark out, save for a few perimeter lights.

However, you think you can see a dark shadow moving out near a snow drift, next to a light pole. Before you can make the shape out, you see a bright flash of sparks, and the light goes out.

Bob Crees likes this.
  17. TheMuse

TheMuse Here To Help

Ashley

"Uh oh." She says. She thought she maybe saw something, maybe it was like a bear or something.

She picked up the phone to call the front desk, dialing their number and waiting for an answer.

FTcivic and Bob Crees like this.
  18. Biggles

Biggles Here To Help

The line plays a busy signal, and then cuts out. You notice the air conditoner has also shut off, and the temperature in the room has dropped noticeably.

FTcivic and Bob Crees like this.
  19. TheMuse

TheMuse Here To Help

Ashley

"UGH!" Ashley huffed, hanging up the phone, "It is freezing in here. Doesn't anybody know how to do anything?"

She went to rinse herself off in the shower. Maybe she'd be in bed early tonight?

Bob Crees likes this.
  20. FTcivic

FTcivic Here To Help

Henry
    After having a drink, and pouring the gentlemen one, Henry excused himself. He wanted to take a list of the names of the rooms near his. He had ample time to set up a system and then go about reading into Utilidor's insurance department policies.

Although once he reached his room soon his eyes settled upon an icon on his computer screen: VaporTM

The largest online game distributor. He was paying a premium due to the recent Net Neutrality laws passing. So he'd make the best out of it. He cursed at the man who had allowed it to happen, but quieted down once the game launched up, the logo playing.
    Then he got the cursor to move over to the multiplayer button. "And, Click! We are in baby! Whoo!" He shouted out loud, joining a random lobby.

And Henry tuned into a competitive shooter, headphones on he began to yell into the microphone at his teammates. "Hey! Rush B! Come on man! Just let me have the package if your not gonna rush for it then!"

The hours zipped by for Henry as he loudly gamed yelling out various insults and callouts.

Bob Crees and jackstack like this.