7/5 Announcement - PC Version

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

Sorry to be such a tease - in order for the website to redirect here for the comments, I have to give the website a comment link. Since we could in theory get a thumbs up to pull the trigger any time between now and 6 PM PDT/9 PM EDT/0300 CEST... I just have to be ready to rock, even if it does look like I'm taunting you. Sorry... :(

This thread will reopen when the announcement in question goes live.

Edit: It's live!

Edit edit: Jeff and I have both posted on pages 8 and 9. If you're feeling frustrated, please, PLEASE check our posts before responding. We're listening!

Final Edit: For anyone wondering if there was going to be an impact on the Xbox version, here (at another player's suggestion) was my post. (The smarter and more thoughtful posts are on 8 and 9, as stated ;))

Development still on Xbox.
    Xbox coming out first.
    Design catering to Xbox.
    <3 FOR XBOX.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  2. If its just the name of the game il be sad:) lol

3. Wow now I can buy it for xbox and my pc

4. "Gabe Newell here. And I'm proud to announce Class 2 for PC, since we can't count to three"

"Undead Labs here, And we kick Gabe's ass going multi-platform."

5. That is the great announcement ? I was hoping for screen shots and/or gameplay.:(

6. I don't think that's the news

7. Undead Sanya

Well, not everything's gonna be great for everyone. ;)

8. Good move making a PC port, i'll still be playing on xbox but like you said it will make a few million people happy and a few million pound along with it :D:D:D

But what about class4 will it be cross-platform ? I remember reading somewhere that Microsoft were considering cross-platform online play between the new 'durango' and PC is this the long term plan for class4 ? Or will class4 be xbox exclusive ?
    But i really hope you don't sell out xbox and go for PC only with class4 because this would make a hell of lot more people angry than it would make people happy .

9. I think that was just to get people pumped she said she can.pull the "trigger" so that's not the news

10. RetroMutt

RetroMutt Got Your Back

And yet still no co-op at launch xP hehe

Great news though! Now i'm tempted on which platform I should get on...
    Then again... I got DayZ for the PC.... well it depends on which has more features, but I'm assuming the xbox will since it's your original idea anyway and it's build around that game.

11. Undead Sanya

Man, now I feel bad! All of the posts about hoping for a PC version of Class3, I expected a little happiness from a couple of you.

I better get back to poking Jeff with a stick so he finishes the Q&A, since I know that makes you happy.

12. glad to see a pc version, even if it is gonna be a console port Ill probably get the game on PC just because I'm used to the controls. THANKYOU! :D

13. RetroMutt

RetroMutt Got Your Back

Ah I'm sorry Sanya xP It's very great news. Now I gotta decide which one I wanna buy!

My question is though, what will you do about mods? Class 3 I'm sure we don't really have to worry about mods, considering it's single player and you can avoid it in co-op... but what worries me is Class 4. I assume it'll be on the PC now too, which means people are gonna want to mod it and the mods will eventually make it's way to the Xbox Version too. And by mods I mean stuff like: Flying cars, Rockets shooting out of Pistols, randomly spawning enemies to kills us, or setting everyone in the server on fire. Happened in the GTA IV community, and now you can't play withouth someone slamming a flying subway train into your face or making you randomly explode.

Single player, sure whatever- but I hate seeing modding in an online community :< Xbox exclusive at least made it less likely for someone to mod the game, do you guys plan on keeping an eye on the game and make sure everyone is playing fairly?

14. I cannot thankyou all enough! I've been following the game for so long and now it turns out my brother will be taking his Xbox away with him so I won't have to buy another console just to play the game! I wonder if mod support will be included ;) and PC just seems like a better platform for both Class3 and 4 imo.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  15. Xbox games cannot be modded. This is nothing to do with the PC and just because that version of the game will support mods then this will not effect anything to do with the Xbox unless the servers in-game are cross-compatible with the two systems in which case they wouldn't even think about mod support for Class4.

16. Cool beans. I don't have a gaming computer but I know this has been asked for by some of the fans. The more people getting to play the better.

17. I cant wait for this game it seems to have everything i want in a zombie game. Zombie games should be about surviving day in day out not about missions!

18. Cargot35

Cargot35 Starting Off

Alright! This is actually really good news! Because not only will this bring more to the community, but I'll be able to play when i'm at college! I don't know about the rest of you, but this is fantastic for me!

19. Quite an awesome announcement! Please don't make this a terrible half efforted port though! I want good controls etc! Also I hope there will be some sort of way to connect pc and 360 players!

20. Me I have decided im getting it for xbox and PC now, there will be advantages and disadvantages to each like on PC talking on keyboard while on XBOX I can talk through party

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.