8/30/16 Watch Jeff and Brant Stream Today!

Discussion in 'News' started by Undead Nicole, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Yellow, Vers, DeadK9Handler and 2 others like this.
  2. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

I couldn't keep up with the screen so I said "f### it, I'll go mobile" and it was blurry but all I wanted was to listen to people talk. :D

Cejao likes this.
  3. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

...aaaand it still starts mid interview, just like live yesterday. Are you aware of a site which has the first couple minutes?

Cejao likes this.
  4. Undead Nicole

Beam started working right away. HOWEVER, they did give a brief overview of what they'd said in the beginning a bit later in the video. You didn't miss anything. It was only about 4 minutes tops.

Vers, Cejao and Fabian907 like this.
  5. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Now those 4 minutes could be something ;)

Cejao likes this.
  6. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

I bet there was talk about the upcoming sod2 game they're working on!

Thanks Nicole.

Cejao and Fabian907 like this.
  7. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Then you wouldn't mind giving us a summary of those 4 minutes then would you?

8. Undead Nicole

;) I gave you the link to watch it, Cejao. Have at thee.

MrStrange and Cejao like this.
  9. Cejao

Cejao Famous

I just did, I saw Darqflame in the chat replay there, (aka Undead Lori) and Jeff talks about "class 4" for a little while.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Bob Crees, Vers and Fabian907 like this.
  10. HighCadet

HighCadet Got Your Back

Microsoft has aquired Beam as their new Stream Platform. Every Official Xbox/Microsoft has it set for 20 mins exclusive. You can still watch them on Twitch. But you will miss every first 20.

Cejao likes this.
  11. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

Wait. I thought microsoft had twitch as a built-in stream service on x1. Was I wrong?

Does this mean that when I get my x1s that the built-in twitch will be replaced by beam in 2 software updates??

Cejao likes this.
  12. HighCadet

HighCadet Got Your Back

They are different apps. Use Beam. People can mess with ya. Microsoft had Twitch app first. So they will not force you. But for viewer interaction. They have prebuilt ones for games

Cejao likes this.
  13. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Okay have just watched it - The most important question for me is:-

@Undead Nicole are you still our 'Community Manager' or has Josh taken over? Josh seems a nice guy, but 'this' community is about SoD, where I see Josh is the community manager for Microsoft.

Cejao, Shatznr and Dunadain like this.
  14. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

I hope Josh is simply the UL/Microsoft liason. I LIKE Nicole & Sanya.

Cejao, Shatznr and Bob Crees like this.
  15. Shatznr

Shatznr Here To Help

Will all the future streams be moving to beam? Should I take the time to setup and account and try to get it working?

Cejao likes this.
  16. Undead Nicole

I'm 90% positive that we'll stay in Twitch. I think that Microsoft dual streams to Twitch and Beam to catch everyone. Undead Labs will stick with Twitch for the forseeable future. :)

Cejao likes this.
  17. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

Josh is the publisher's community manager, responsible for the social media channels specific to the game (@stateofdecay for example). He has a hand in any Twitch streams that originate with Microsoft. He'll eventually be responsible for the newsletter you get when you go to stateofdecay.com and sign up, I think. (That's NOT the newsletter I send, by the way - Early Warning is a Lab newsletter, not specifically the game...even though I'll be talking about the game for the foreseeable future ;)) He's also a very nice guy and he's looking out for us up at the publishing headquarters! He and I chat every Friday so we're all on the same page.

Nicole and I are the Undead Labs community people, which means something slightly different than it does to MS. For one thing, Undead is a very unusual place and community is central to our...well, I hate saying "vision," it's so pretentious, but it's pretty core to who we are and what we do. Social media isn't the point of what we're doing, it's a means to communicate our point - which is to make friends with you, celebrate you, show you how much we appreciate you. So Nicole and I talk to you, but we also come up with activities, we have contests, we work with the media, we cheer for YouTubers of all sizes, and so on. If we have our own booth at a con, I design it and run it to maximize our time with everyone who visits. I'll be planning the live events if we should be so lucky as to be successful enough to have those. I make sure everyone who needs a dev can have that direct access.

Having real relationships with you, knowing who you are, so you know in your bones how much you matter to all of us here - that's why we get up every morning.

I kinda got off topic there :p

18. Cejao

Cejao Famous

I have family somewhere in Seattle, I wish I could relocate up there so I could be closer to The Lab. :D

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    MonPrinCyCLoPe, Bob Crees and Vers like this.
  19. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

The gameplay was all in-game engine, but he did say the car driving at the beginning was CGI, he didn't use those exact words, but it wasn't gameplay. Regardless though, it all looks good.

Cejao likes this.
  20. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

So I was 99% right :D

Cejao and DJB204 like this.