8/30/16 Watch Jeff and Brant Stream Today!

Discussion in 'News' started by Undead Nicole, Aug 30, 2016.

1. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

This game gets closer to release every day, but at the same time it feels further and further away every day.

GEO THUNDER, MonPrinCyCLoPe and Cejao like this.
  2. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

119 days left till 2017 XD

GEO THUNDER, Shatznr, Vanilla and 2 others like this.
  3. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

...and then another 365 days of 2017. It's such a big window, the release date could be anywhere. Can't wait for an official release date lol

Cejao and Fabian907 like this.
  4. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

And gameplay!

Cejao likes this.
  5. Cejao

Cejao Famous

have you seen the launch date contest? thats where we'd know for sure.

DJB204 likes this.
  6. M >>>

M >>> Got Your Back

Appreciation for the August 30th, 2016 Twitch stream presentation with Jeff ( Undead Labs Founder ), Brant ( artist / U.L. development staffer ) , and Josh ( microsoft community manager ).
    https://www.twitch.tv/xbox/v/86612537
    Sanya ( Undead Labs Administrator ) was present too as chat minder and responding in the chats.

The presentation provides good insights into the challenges of building a game, and then improving on successive iterations.
    That was the whole: "What works, what doesn't work, and where can we innovate ?" - discussion by Jeff in his "three buckets of design" for State of Decay.

Always find it challenging to focus on the presenters words - as I get pulled in to watching what the player ( Brant ) is doing with his character. The worry, wonder, and "OH Gosh !" moments pull me in with a such a sense of
    immediacy and immersion - that I find I have to rewind and listen to everything twice so I can hear Jeff's sanguine comments about where the game is headed. ( That's not necessarily a bad thing - I'm just trying to absorb so much ! )

It was good summation of how much State of Decay and Undead Labs have grown.
    As a person new to the "State of Decay" series, Josh got to hear how hard the Undead Labs staff have worked to make this game stand out uniquely from the field of zombie games which exist. While State of Decay involves players in horror and combat, it's emphasis on enabling communities to survive through player actions is where the challenge begins.

It will be interesting to see how the ms contribution evolves beyond Twitch to include the mentioned "stateofdecay.com" and perhaps other social media. One direct interaction area I expect will be the new "Groups" feature on the Xbox console, which will be pretty handy for a party of three looking for a fourth. That lone person looking for three players would find and complete the team on that "L.F.G." feature.

* When Undead Labs is ready to roll some State of Decay Deux footage, - it would be great to have a demo of that L.F.G. feature to see it work.
    I recall Nicole ( U.L. Community Manager ) posted the thread announcing that State of Decay will have it's own Club for filling out groups !
    https://forums.undeadlabs.com/threads/xbox-live-clubs-undead-labs-forum-friends.52245/

Vivat, crescat, floreat! ( "May it Live, Grow, and Flourish !" )

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  7. Michael1987

Michael1987 Got Your Back

Haven't been on these forums in quite a while like I said trying hard not to get banned lol..
    Uhm, has anything interesting been revealed yet? Like maybe some multiplayer gameplay?

I would however... Like to ask a tiny small favor of the Undead Labs Team- well three small favors and I hope it's not too late to ask!

my first and most important question- will weapons have an aim down the sights mode?
    I get that SoD wasn't ever intended to be a first person game... But not having a scope on a sniper rifle really bothered me a lot.

Question 2- Theres a new game that's taking the world by storm because it's a Minecraft style zombie game where you craft things and survive, I haven't played said game yet..
    but I've got to say the promise of being able to chop down trees and set up my own forts does sound like something State of Decay 2 (or Maybe 3? ;) ) should most certainly have right?

Finally and this is going to sound a bit odd-
    But during my waiting time for Lily to tell me the location of Ammo or for my Survivors fatigue to wear off I often found myself sitting in the base doing absolutely nothing but waiting for the timer to expire.
    The reason I bring this up is because my dad..
    He is a HUGE fan of Poker, and I would like to request that you guys throw in some playable mini-games such as poker back at the safe house. I myself found it slightly odd that in the original state of decay I couldn't goof around with any of the game arcade cabinets.
    It certainly sounds like a fun little bag of extra's to play around with, what do you guys think?

MonPrinCyCLoPe and Cejao like this.
  8. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

Does the streaming future continue tp be foreseen without change?

GEO THUNDER, Fabian907 and Cejao like this.
  9. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Yes.

Cejao, Dunadain and GEO THUNDER like this.
  10. I read this and got excited because I thought new information was coming out tomorrow, then realized we are living in 2017 :(

rebel36, MrStrange, Cejao and 2 others like this.
  11. Kid Kayole

Kid Kayole Here To Help

Yep - me too! :(

rebel36, Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  12. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I blame the necromancers.... :eyes Dunadain:

13. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

ThreadNecromancer.png

14. Cejao

Cejao Famous

[​IMG]
    @Dunadain. :p

15. DougH

DougH Got Your Back

Is the character they are using in the SoD1 video modeled on Jeff Strain? Now that I see them side by side, they look very similar.

16. Vers

Vers Here To Help

Well, that's one way to waste ten minutes...

17. DougH

DougH Got Your Back

Strange! Posted hours ago. It seems the 'like' bots are taking the day off. I feel neglected.

18. Dantron

Dantron Here To Help

Dantron waves to DougH.

19. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Cejao sees Dantron waving at DougH and takes the chance to wave @Dantron.