A Feast for the Living

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Jeff, Aug 27, 2012.

1. foxhound400

foxhound400 Starting Off

Sorry to ask a question, but how long would it take crops to grow?

2. I'm unable to handle this.. it's an overload.. I need to lay down.. no joke.

3. foxhound400

foxhound400 Starting Off

Is it just me, but I can't wait to see all the outposts, home bases its going to be great

4. Arc79

Arc79 Got Your Back

You could just make your own, for example

Wikipedia
    Arc
    Arc is an awesome dude who plays xbox and enjoys green hair.

:D

5. Nightowl

Nightowl Starting Off

Close , in wikipedia it says "Arc78 was an Awesome dude who plays xbox and chills out, but Arc79 , the later model, was a douche who could not play xbox for shit and had a fetish for green hair" ;)
    And iam just joking brother :) aussies have a messed up sense of humour mate

6. it just keeps getting better does it? The music was BOSS. Gave me a "calm before the storm" feel. Awesome purely awesome.

7. Arc79

Arc79 Got Your Back

:'( Sadface, haha, no wonder we sent you lot off to australia! ;) But fair enough, I am pretty jealous of those Arc78's though..

8. As someone who spent childhood summers living off the land (fishing, hunting, gathering, farming) on purpose, my reaction to this was a single laugh and an open very happy mouth. I look forward to this and should really get into the cool threads on the forum better regarding survival and such :)

9. foxhound400

foxhound400 Starting Off

Well, lucky you, best I got was when I was in the military, even now im rusty ha, also arc, its weird hearing your voice lol

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  10. The Building system looks amazing. I hate to point out negatives, but does anyone else agree that the ingame music is kinda boring? Or am I alone in this? Its fine though cuz I would probably turn it off after a while to listen to my own music. I just think that the music in this game is unexciting... Even in the first gameplay trailer... It didn't do the game justice in my eyes. Whatever though.

11. Arc79

Arc79 Got Your Back

Yeah, I can only imagine, I really do hate it....just re-imagine it with a pirate accent....dont ask...just do....see, better now eh?

12. Deffcon_1

Deffcon_1 Starting Off

@SirDiamondNips - The music is supposed to be "boring" here. The scene is from the home base, so its safe, and the music reflects that. Its not supposed to be exciting, fast paced music is for heart wrenching moments of excitement. Im sure the in game music during a chase, or zombie attack will be much more exciting.

13. foxhound400

foxhound400 Starting Off

I might just do that lol

14. Deffcon_1

Deffcon_1 Starting Off

I did notice while watching this video, for the umteenth time, that the base itself doesnt look that big. Would it be possible for us to have multiple bases with different groups of survivors at each? Maybe have a church with a small area outside that could be used for farming, then maybe a school that has an auto mechanic and some workshop space. If not then will we be able to expand the base itself to cover more land area as we get more survivors or are we forced to just find a bigger base and leave our improvements, like a garden and a workshop, behind?

15. foxhound400

foxhound400 Starting Off

well I remember there was, form up about base builds, but I think its buildings with fence areas, and walls. So its a good idea, but it would be kinda iffy, without walls to protect the crops or other members of your group, so only time will tell, also good luck at pax undeadlabs =)

16. i would definitly add the possibility to buy "dehydrated water" :)

17. I mean in general? This song was fine? You don't need to tel me what they were doing. Thats obviouse, but all the other videos seemed bland, because of their composers take on a small town intense action teaser...