A Trip on the Oregon Trail (Game Thread)

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Udah, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Udah

Udah Here To Help

@Doomen Gloom - Ben Rumson

Age - 31

Occupation - Trapper

Health - 100

Wagon - 1 horse, 1 mule, 2 oxen, 1 cart, 1 covered wagon
    2 horse shoes $10

Items - 1 Buffalo rifle, 2 kegs of ammunition (87 shots), 2 Revolver, 1 Bowie knife, 1 Hatchet, 1 Water skin, 1 set of Winter clothes, 1 set of pots and pans, 1 tent, 2 bedrolls, 2 blankets, 1 lantern, 1 bandage, 2 injury kit, 1 snake bite antidote, 3 needle and thread, 1 soap (10 units), 1 rope, 5 deer skins, 20 units of tobacco, 2 keg of water ( 13 units), 2 horse shoes, 2 medicinal herb, 1 high quality rope, 1 boiling kettle, 1 mirror, 1 bow, 10 arrows, 1 medicine, 1 bucket of tar, 1 pair of moccasins

Food - 143 units of horse feed, 206 units of flour, 99 units of sugar, 81 units of salt, 1 can of coffee (47 units), 165 units of salted meat, 46 units of beans, 38 units of rice, 88 units of dried fruit, 83 units of dried vegetables, 0 units of fresh meat

Companion - Ayashe
    1 knife, 1 skinning knife, 1 water skin, 1 set of winter clothes, 1 revolver, 1 bowie knife

Health - 100

Money - $29

@jackstack - Otto "Percy" Rey

Occupation - Miner

Health - 85

Wagon - 1 oxen, 1 Covered Wagon,

Items - , 1 set of pots and pans , 2 kegs of water (14 units), 12 horse shoes, 1 fighting knife, 1 revolver , 1 barrel of ammunition (90 shots), 1 high end medicine, 1 snake venom antidote, 1 set of basic clothes , 2 bars of soap (20 units), 1 bucket of tar , 1 high quality rope, 1 hatchet, 1 set of winter clothes , 1 bag of seed, 1 blanket, 1 bow, 10 arrows,

Food - 31 units of canned meat, 100 units of canned vegetables,

Money left: $133

@Cejao - Ian Dresari - Death by suicide

Occupation - Cop

Health - 0

Wagon - , 1 cart,

Items: 1 Canister of Pepper, 1 Bedroll, 1 Blanket, 1 set of Cooking Utensils, 1 set of Pots & Pans, , 1 Injury Kit, 1 Set of Fine Clothes, 1 Set of Winter Clothes, 1 bucket of tar,

Food - 22 units of canned meat, 76 units of rice,

Money Left: $0

@Kiel555 - Robert Atwater

Age - 26

Occupation - Miner

Health - 100

Wagon - 1 Studebaker wagon, 1 mule,

Items - 1 set of mining tools, 1 pick ax, 2 lantern, 1 stick of dynamite, 2 sets of Basic clothes , 1 set of winter clothes, 2 revolver, 1 keg of ammunition (40 shots), 1 horse shoe, 1 axe, 5 units of tobacco, 1 hatchet, 1 Blanket, 1 set of Cooking utensils, 1 canteen, 1 Spare wheel, 1 rope, 1 bar of soap (10 units), 1 wagon mattress, 1 needle and thread, 1 washboard and tub, 1 spare axle, 1 injury kit, 2 bandages, 1 canister of pepper, 1 set of pots and pans, 1 boiling kettle, 1 keg of water (7 units), 1 chain, 1 set of carpentry tools, 1 rope, 1 snake venom antidote, 1 bow, 10 arrow

Food - 10 units of salt, 3 units of fresh meat, 24 units of canned meat, 5 units of flour, 105 units of salted meat, 15 units of beans , 30 units of rice, 20 units of sugar, 5 units of tea, 43 units of dried fruit, 42 units of dried vegetables, 3 can of coffee (150 units),

Money left: $60

@Bob Crees - Cecil 'Captain' Braithwaite

Occupation - Trader, former British army officer

Health - 83

Wagon - 1 Studebaker wagon, 2 mules, 1 horse, 1 dairy cow

Items - 41 units of tobacco, 2 sets of fine clothes, 1 rifle, 1 revolver, 2 barrel of ammunition (186 shots), 1 skinning knife, 3 spare wheel, 2 spare axle, 1 rope, 1 bedroll, 1 bar of soap (10 units), 1 needle and threat, a bucket of tar, 1 medicine, 1 injury kit, 1 snake venom antidote, 2 bandages, 2 kegs of water (14 uses), 1 set of pots and pans, 1 boiling kettle, 1 water skin, 2 bottles of whiskey, 3 bags of seed, 4 horse shoes, 1 set of winter clothes, 1 dutch oven, 1 chain, 1 bandage, 1 butter churner

Food - 28 units of fresh meat, 70 units of salted meat, 62 units of flour, 89 units of beans, 62 units of dried fruit, 220 units of rice, 30 units of dried vegetables, 10 units of tea, 20 units of sugar, 24 units of salt, 65 units of canned meat, 189 units of horse feed, 3 Unit of butter, 0 Unit of milk

Money left = $8

@K-Man - Susannah

Occupation - Blacksmith

Health - 100

Wagon - 1 Studebaker wagon, 2 mules,

Items - 1 set of blacksmith tools, 1 crowbar, 1 axe, 1 hatchet, 20 horse shoes, 1 lantern, 1 bowie knife, 1 rifle, 1 keg of ammunition (45 shots), 2 medicine, 2 injury kits, 5 bandages, 1 set of pots and pans, 1 boiling kettle, 20 units of tobacco, 2 kegs of water (10 units),1 set of basic clothes, 1 set of winter clothes, 1 set of cooking utensils, 1 canteen, 2 bars of soap (20 units), 1 bedroll, 1 needle and thread, 1 washboard and tub, 1 bow, 10 arrow

Food - 40 units of sugar, 107 units of salted meat, 120 units of canned meat, 179 units of flour, 178 units of beans, 200 units of rice, 10 units of canned fruit, 10 units of canned vegetables,

Money - $o

@Udah - Josiah Barnes

Age - 32

Occupation - Doctor

Wagon - 1 Conestoga Wagon, 4 Oxen

Companions - wife, son, daughter

Game

Date: May 1, 1853

upload_2016-9-18_14-33-27.png

You find yourself on the edge of civilization early in the morning. It's a nice city, the last of its kind going this direction. After having purchased what you require for your journey, you stand around a man calling himself Josiah Barnes. You are part of a circle of men, women, children farmers, traders, miners, trappers, and other sorts of people all who will be joining you on your journey.

Josiah Barnes

"Welcome to the precipice, the end of the civilized world" Josiah says in a charismatic way as he stands in front of the semicircle. "You all have come here for various reasons. But all in search of a better life in the west. I too have come in search of this dream. I was a doctor in a city, driven to search for a home in the Frontier. Now, I am glad you all signed on to join my wagon train, because we will all need each other if we are going to make this trip. We all have various skills that can be used for the betterment of us all as we go through the various trials on our noble trek. So, my friends, are you ready to begin? I hope so, as we set out in an hour. Spend it as you will, but be ready as destiny wait for no man."

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Doomen Gloom, jackstack, Vers and 2 others like this.
  2. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Robert Atwater

Robert listened intently as Josiah spoke. He briefly looked over the others but said nothing. After the speech, Robert headed over to his wagon to double check the security of all his gear. Especially the mining tools. No sense making the journey and not being able to do any mining. He glanced around at the town and was happy to see everyone going about their business. He smiled. They have jobs that they will work at all their lives and still have nothing. He looked West to all those miles of uncertainty. "I'll take my chances out there" he thought to himself as he waited for the others to be ready to begin the journey.

3. Udah

Udah Here To Help

A small girl, no older than 8, runs up to Robert. "You a miner right?." she says with the curiosity of thea young. "My daddy fixed up a whole lota miners back home. Hey, you ever been in an explosion? I heard that miners can get caught in them explosions."

Doomen Gloom, Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  4. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

'Captain' Braithwaite

Cecil knew that this was his last chance to make good in the brave new world. All his worldly goods were in that wagon. Do or die matey he thought to himself.

The journey to this god forsaken town had not been easy, but now he was ready. Making sure that his water kegs were full, Cecil took sometime to visually check out the other members of the wagon train.

"Damn that girl has got some muscles on her" he muttered to himself, looking over at the young woman with the blacksmiths tools @K-Man

Cecil looked at the others, trying to decide if he should make friends with any. Safety in numbers and all that he thought.

5. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Ian Dresari

Ian stands in the back of the group, listening to Josiah talking about the coming days.
    Ian's hand rests near his revolver on his hip. His eyes shift about, always on the look out for potential threats.
    Ian knows he will have to travel with these people, but can he trust them is the question...

Ian tentatively introduces himself to the others, and tries to ascertain their intentions.

Bob Crees, Doomen Gloom and Udah like this.
  6. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

Ben stood with Ayashe a little apart from the rest of the group, (civilization made him uneasy), half listening he was more interested in his new traveling companions. Ayashe was nervous as well, her English was coming along well and she understood most of what was said, she looked at Ben after the speech he smiled "are you ready for the next great adventure", smiling Ayashe nodded. Together they checked their gear, Ayashe the wagon and Ben the animals. All seemed in order, their supplies seemed a little light, but what he had seen there was lots of game on this land and was confident they would not starve. Eager to get going he checked his weapons saddled the horse and made sure they were fed and watered. Leaving Ayashe in the cart he went over to some of the men to introduce himself.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    Bob Crees, Cejao and Udah like this.
  7. Udah

Udah Here To Help

Josiah Barnes

Josiah shook Ian's hand as he introduced himself, then he shook Ben's hand as he did the same. "It's good to meet the two of you." Looking at Ben Josiah says "A Trapper yes? Your skills will prove quite usefull I'm sure. I'm glad you will be joining us." Then looking at Ian he asks "And what is it you don, or did?"

Cejao, Doomen Gloom and Bob Crees like this.
  8. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

Smiling "It seems it takes a lot to get one by you, yes a trapper for along time now, looking forward to new lands less people" turning to Ian " nice to meet you both"

Cejao, Bob Crees and Udah like this.
  9. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Robert smiled at the little girl. "Sounds like your Pa is a sawbones. Never been in an explosion that's why I still have all my parts. You run along now. I'm sure your ma is worried sick about you".

10. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

Chuckling to himself at the exchange between the girl and the big man, women and children, livestock, what have we got ourselves into. Ayashe and Ben had talked about kids, but not till we get settled.

Cejao, Udah and Bob Crees like this.
  11. Udah

Udah Here To Help

"I guess l be seeing you later mister miner." As she begins skipping away she says "Saaaaawbooones, sawbons, saw bonnnnes. That's a funny word."

Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  12. Udah

Udah Here To Help

Josiah Barnes

Smiling at the exchange, and noticing Ben doing the same Josiah says "That's my little girl Alice. You'll be seeing much more of her on the trip. My son Jeremiah too."

Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  13. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

"How old are your younguns"

14. Udah

Udah Here To Help

Josiah Barnes

Josiah smiles "Well, little Alice is only 6, but can talk the whole day away like some city lawyer if you let her. And my boy Jeremiah is 13, a good and strong young man he is turning out to be."

Doomen Gloom and Bob Crees like this.
  15. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Ian Dresari

Ian mentions he was a former texas marshal, but doesn't go into details.

Doomen Gloom, Bob Crees and Udah like this.
  16. Udah

Udah Here To Help

Josiah Barnes

"That so?" Josiah says cheerfully "Well in sure glad to have your gun with us then."

Doomen Gloom, Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  17. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Ian Dresari

Ian smiles at this remark, and turns away to go check that his horses, wagon, and cart are all attached correctly and everything is packed up tight.

Doomen Gloom, Udah and Bob Crees like this.
  18. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

"I think that I have someone Alice would like to meet, Ayashe has not had many people other than myself to talk to, it will help with her english"

19. Udah

Udah Here To Help

Josiah Barnes

"Well that would be wonderfull.." Josiah says to the man. The turning to the side he tells out "Hey, Alice get on over here, there is someone I want you to meet."

Alice comes running up, gleefully as ever. "Howdy sir." She says ton Ben. "Who is it you wanted me to meet? I love meetin people. Especially nice people. Is the person I'm meetin nice?" She says all in one breath.

Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  20. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

Ben gets down on one knee looks Alice over "hhmmm I think you will do just fine, I'm Ben my wife is over at our wagon. Have you ever met a real Indian princess"

Bob Crees, Cejao and Udah like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.