Absence of news?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chalem, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Chalem

Chalem Starting Off

Im not one to complain or moan and Undead Labs are some of my favorite developers in the industry. However, we havent had a news update for nigh on three months now and even when we do get an update they are few and far between. I remember following SoD1 for a long time and we were constantly getting regular updates. I just wanted to know as we seem to be getting closer and closer to the release date but with a rather large absence of updates on the project, has it got anything to do with Sanya leaving or is it something else?

2. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I know it's super frustrating that we're not as share happy as we were with the first one. Trust me, if given the option, we'd be talking all about the game.

The thing is, Microsoft knows how to sell games and with 2 coming in with a bigger budget and support, we want to make sure we do it right. We're taking their lead on this one. I promise that the dearth of information isn't going to last forever. Hopefully soon you'll start seeing a better flow.

3. Vers

Vers Here To Help

I'm sorry you guys have to keep reassuring us that it's coming, news will eventually flow, and it's worth the wait. We know it, but it's still good to hear you reassure us :p

4. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

5. Cejao

Cejao Famous

the reassurances got shaken for me after being told for awhile "its 2017" and then at 2017's e3, "no wait, its really 2018" and now with the lack of news and the (as Yojimbeau said)
    response we've been getting.
    No choice but to wait and see.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  6. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I can only reassure you so much before you have to either trust me or spin up into a spiral of speculation and conspiracy theories.

We're releasing in the Spring of '18. We're following a plan. It may not be the most transparent plan, but it's the one we've got. As soon as I can share information, trust me, I will.

7. Takuro_Spirit

Takuro_Spirit Here To Help

Confirmed, we're getting TWO State Of Decay games! :D

8. zechs

zechs Here To Help

Usually News finds us. It doesn't hang out quietly waiting for someone else to make the request for it.

9. Chalem

Chalem Starting Off

I understand just super frustrating is all.

10. Deep Blue

Deep Blue Got Your Back

Those of us who have immersed ourselves in SoD for months or even years have had moments where we've thought, "Holy shit, this game has got SO MUCH untapped potential!" And so when Jeff said that the UL team was "doubling down" on the stuff that worked (which was nearly everything), we understood that SoD2 would be something special. Even now, four-and-a-half-years AFTER its initial release, as I play SoD and imagine it bigger, smoother, prettier, more densely packed, and loaded with co-op, it sends tingles down my spine. Good tingles. The best possible tingles. SoD 2 is poised to be the MOST fun-to-play zombie apocalypse video game ever produced; and IF Jeff and his team actually DO double-down, build upon, and perfect all the best aspects of the first game, then SoD 2 might very well be a hands-down masterpiece. And if it is, all the present frustration and consternation and anxiety re: the "dearth" of information about SoD 2's development will vanish like a fart in a high wind.

In the meantime, there is no dearth of great books to read, movies to watch, and games to play. On the book front, allow me to recommend "Hyperion" and "Fall of Hyperion" (aka "The Hyperion Cantos"), by Dan Simmons. If you're into more advanced mental lifting, take the plunge into Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's "Cancer Ward" and "The Gulag Archipelago"; or F. Dostoyevsky's "The Brothers Karamazov" (I promise that you'll emerge from the experience forever changed). On the film front, take up the entire winter season by watching all the movies of John Ford. Or perhaps Alfred Hitchcock. Or David Cronenberg (my personal favorites of his are "The Fly," "Scanners," "The Dead Zone," "Videodrome," and "Dead Ringers"). I recently finished rewatching all the films of Woody Allen and Akira Kurosawa, an exercise I highly recommend. There's SO much out there to lose yourself in, to learn from, and to ease your anxiety on the short road to March or April 2018.

So take advantage! Sharpen and intensify your artistic sensibilities. Ease your freakin' mind.

11. maltriagon

maltriagon Here To Help

I should probably content myself with finding a good wire wrapped bat in the meantime.

Cejao, Doomen Gloom and Bob Crees like this.
  12. Deep Blue

Deep Blue Got Your Back

Hey, I'm all caught up on The Walking Dead, too. Admittedly, this new season (8), for me, has thus far been little more than a sad, flat mess; but perhaps the second half of the season will make up for the first half's exercise in sustained mediocrity. More power to ya if you're enjoying it, though.

Cejao, Doomen Gloom and Bob Crees like this.
  13. futurehermit

futurehermit Got Your Back

Better that the game is good and worth the wait than hurried and a big let down. See: most games released in the past 5-10 years.

Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  14. M >>>

M >>> Got Your Back

Hello Nicole, and fellow Community members,

Hey, I'm totally down for conspiracy theories * !
    All in State of Decay related speculative FUN mind you !
    No....I have no FAX, I mean FACTS.

* ( Non-political conspiracies....we don't want to start any flame wars here...no, no, oh no. )

So..... I'll go first, with my FUN S.o.D. conspiracy fiction.

Kids, EVERYONE MISSED THE M.S. CULT S.O.D. 2 SPECIAL ELITE TOTAL SCOOP. WHERE EVERY INCREDIBLE S.O.D. DETAIL WAS GOING TO BE SPILLED.
    WHY ? Well see video to learn what happened to the scooper.

Rated "G" Really !

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Bob Crees and Cejao like this.