AD&D Treasure Hunt and Beyond Application

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Doomen Gloom, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

I have to get ready for work, see you guys later, I will add Maxon to the active character list @SomeRandomGuy you have 200 gp to spend the equipment is on page 1 of this thread, you start with read magic and chose three other 1st level spells, add your stuff to your character so I can transfer your information.:)

Bob Crees, Cejao and VonLoon like this.
  2. SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy Famous

If the rest of the group is ok with it I'm not going to say no, I just don't want to upset anyone else who didn't have the chance to do the same thing.

3. VonLoon

VonLoon Got Your Back

Its just bob and me in this group and npc's. Im a ranger so makes no dif to me.I took over Kale when I started.He was an npc.

Bob Crees, Cejao and Doomen Gloom like this.
  4. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

It is all good

Bob Crees, Cejao and VonLoon like this.
  5. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I have no problems with a Human being multiclassed.

Cejao, VonLoon and Doomen Gloom like this.
  6. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

In D&D the advantage humans had was that they had no level restrictions, but they could not be multi class that was for the other races. Humans could also be dual class ie: advance in fighter to 7th level fighter then change to another class say Mage, then the character would retain all hit points but would be only a mage until he surpassed the fighter level by 1 full level then the character could use both.

Cejao, VonLoon and Bob Crees like this.
  7. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Other races have their own 'special' abilities.

Cejao, VonLoon and Doomen Gloom like this.
  8. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

Yes they do and the level restrictions are in place or there would be no human players.

9. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

@SomeRandomGuy, @Bob Crees, @VonLoon I am going to assume that your prerequisite scores are above average 15 to 18 Str, Int, Wis, Dex, Con, Chr. this way I have something to base your spells ect on, any spell in your book can be memorized if you can cast it. You can change your list daily if you wish just let me know. Bob Yomok can do the same with his clerical spells and all spells are available if you can cast a spell of the appropriate level, just let me know what spells you want. I want to give you options so your creativity come through.

10. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I think I have given you Yomok's main spells, well the ones he has to hand at any given moment?

Cejao and VonLoon like this.
  11. SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy Famous

Ok, good to know. I'll go spend my gold and edit my character post with spells and gear and such.

Edit: One question first. I was going to make him a one handed fencer leaving his other hand free for spellcasting or using a net to entangle foes, but I see Rapier isn't in the weapon list. I guess a Longsword would be my second choice, but do you do backstabs with a them or would I need to go with a Shortsword or Scimitar for that?

Also, Caltrops weren't in the list so I'm not sure what to do about those.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  12. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

You are mentioning things I have never seen the rules for, each round of combat you get one action ( you cannot attack with a sword and cast a spell ) This is not real D&D, It is impossible in this format. You can use any sword you like, If it is not on the list I will find out what its damage is. Backstabbing is done with daggers only. @SomeRandomGuy

Cejao, Bob Crees and VonLoon like this.
  13. VonLoon

VonLoon Got Your Back

Caltrops,,A smith can make those I would think

Cejao, Bob Crees and Doomen Gloom like this.
  14. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

I added another equipment list to the one on page 1

15. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I have found a reference to a Rapier (D&D 5th Edition) - which gives 1d8 damage. As to cost it must be at least 15 gold.

Caltrops (D&D 3.5e) will cause 1 hit to any creature standing on them and slow the said creature down. They come in bags ( Cost 1 Gp for a Bag of 20 - D&D 5e )

Cejao, Doomen Gloom and VonLoon like this.
  16. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

So it is the same as a long sword that is all I need to know. :) ya I found the caltrops :)

Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  17. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

A Long Sword does do different damage depending on the size of the creature. I am not sure a Rapier could do 1d10 damage on a 'Giant' sized creature?

Doomen Gloom likes this.
  18. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

I just checked the second edition players hand book and the rules are the same as the 1st edition in respects to humans and multi class they are not allowed the only race allowed to be a Mage thief is elf and half elf. The mage spells are expanded greatly 45 first level spells as opposed to 30 in edition 1

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  19. SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy Famous

Oh, I didn't mean in the same round, just as an option besides slicing something up. Like throwing a net over someone one round, then spending subsequent rounds getting free hits on them while they try to get free.

You know, I had to stop and check that myself, and wonder why we did it like that. Then I remembered our regular DM and went back through the stuff he'd come up with and....yup. He did multiclass for Humans with no limit because other races had innate abilities (infravision, sleep/charm resistance, poison resistance, etc.) and the fact that other races lived longer than Humans. After all those years of it being normal I suppose I forgot it wasn't part of the core ruleset.

So yeah, my bad. Like I said before I'm fine with just playing a plain Thief.

Cejao, Bob Crees and Doomen Gloom like this.
  20. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

You can always dual class go to 7th level thief then change, all DM change the rules on things no big deal