AD&D Treasure Hunt and Beyond Game Thread

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Doomen Gloom, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

Separately and collectively, you’ have all fallen into the hands of pirate slavers. Most of you remember it this way: You were walking in the countryside near your homes, strolling home from the tavern after a night’s drinking, walking down to the river to fetch some water, or gone to visit some lass or lad in neighboring village. And, suddenly, you heard a thrashing in the underbrush around you, and before you could turn you felt a whale of a blow to the back of your head, and everything went black.

When you awoke, you were in the dark, tiny, stinking hold of the pirate galley, shackled by your wrists to the sturdy beams of the slave bunks, bunks stacked like cord wood. There were about 40 other captured folk of the archipelago there. You were sick from the blow to your head and from the tossing of the ship, from the revolting gruel the slaver pirates occasionally fed you, and from the knowledge that you were bound for one of the western slave ports, never again to see your own home. Mockingly, the keys to your shackles were hung from a hook right by the hatch to the deck, only 5 or 6 feet from the lot of you. They might as well be miles away.

A few days after you woke up, the ship was hit by a squall, which turned, after half a day of tossing and rolling, into a full fledged storm which blasted spray and curses into the hold every time the hatch above was opened. Your jailer, a man named Hafkris — maybe a half-orc, it was hard to tell under all that grime and walrus ugliness —brought about half the shackled slaves above decks to man the oars vacated by sailors washed overboard. The storm continued on another day, and Hafkris took another one-fourth of the slave cargo
    above decks He looked worried.

That was yesterday. You haven’t seen any of the pirates or the slaves since then, and you haven’t been fed. Early today, the shouting and cracking whips indicating that rowers were being kept in line finally faded away to nothing. Right now, as you’re waiting for some sign of life from above decks, there’s an enormous crash — a grating, grinding noise and horrible shuddering of the ship around you as it runs aground. Above decks, there’s the sound of snapping spars and a great crash on the deck which you know must be the mast coming down. You’re all thrown toward the bow, but are still held fast by your shackles and suffer more bruises to your wrists. The bow of the galley is shattered by the impact, and as the galley grinds to a halt, the bow is torn away entirely, letting in a ferocious blast of numbing cold air and ram; the port side of the galley is laid open by a huge boulder that the galley has ground against. A moment later, there’s once again only the sound of wind and pounding surf. Out the open bow, you can see a section of rain pounded beach; you seem to have run aground where a cliff face meets a cove beach.

You are all shackled by the wrists to your bunks, you are all wearing rags and barefoot, hungry and cold.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  2. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

:)Still taking applications I will let you know when thread is open:)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  3. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

I was hoping for a few more but lets start

Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  4. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

((I'd like to start too but many are just coming back from winter break and the holidays. I'd recommend giving it a few more days to let them accept the reality that the long break has come to an end, vacation has come to an end and then they'll play. Haha))

Cejao, Bob Crees and Doomen Gloom like this.
  5. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

ok sounds good to me we will wait:)

6. Pelekyphoroi

Pelekyphoroi Got Your Back

You're cruel Kiel555. Cruel indeed.

7. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

Looking around the interior of the ship there are only 7 of you left in the hold 4 humans, a dwarf, an elf and a halfling.
    You all pull mightily on your chains trying to free yourselves Yomok seems to be making a bit of headway.
    (( This game is now open ))

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  8. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Griff Proudmead - location unknown

Griff felt ill. Never had he been treated so badly. The food and accommodations on this sea voyage were all together unacceptable. He will bring this up to management he thought. Mr. Hafkris has been the most abrasive and unagreeable person he has ever met. But he's been gone for a while now. They all have thought Griff to himself. He looked at his shackles. Maybe if he could find something small enough, a nail perhaps, he could open the lock. Griff set about looking around his immediate area.

9. Pelekyphoroi

Cos, with his carpenters eye, searches for something amidst the wreckage he could use to pry his shackles from their mounting bracket.

10. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Yomok

Yomok kept flexing his arms, slowly trying to pull the fastenings of his shackles away from the wood of his bunk bed. It was slow work, but he did feel that he was making some headway in releasing his hands. (( I take it the shackles are two metal cuffs around the wrists, attached by a length of chain? ))

Cejao, Doomen Gloom and Pelekyphoroi like this.
  11. Pelekyphoroi

Cos
    "C'mon dwarf. Those masons arms ought to be good for something!"

12. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

((Correct))
    Yomok gives another mighty pull, the wood bends then breaks, Yomok staggers backwards but recovers nicely tucking into a roll and coming to his feet, still shackled, but free to move around.

Looking around Griff does not see anything that work as a lock pick

((Cos)) A piece of wood from Yomok's bunk lands at you feet.

Pelekyphoroi and Bob Crees like this.
  13. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Griff Proudmead - location unknown

Griff was startled by all the commotion but it looked like the big person had gotten free. Griff wished he was strong like that but the shackles were too strong. His only hope was to find something to try and open the lock. He kept looking for something like a nail. Maybe he could even use the metal shackles to pry a nail out of the wood and use that. He got to work.

14. Pelekyphoroi

Cos
    "Hail dwarf. Aid me if you would. You and I can surely pull my shackles from their mount. We'll use this timber as a wedge. Hurry. Then we'll set about freeing the rest. High tide can't be far off; I don't want to be here when this hulk is swept back out to sea.

15. Pelekyphoroi

Cos to Yarmok
    "By the way, I'm Cos."

16. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Yomok

Yomok set about trying to pull people free.

"You've got to help me" he grunted, tugging at the chain between the shackles. There must be a better he thought to himself, looking around the hulk of the ship for any weapon or pry bar.

Cejao and Doomen Gloom like this.
  17. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

"After about five minuets Yomock managed to pry Cos free, still shackled but free to move about.

Looking around the room for something that can help him escape Griff notices a ring of keys hanging on a nail buy the hatch leading to the deck

The wind buffeted the ship again the storm was still raging, above the wind Talon thought she heard someone singing very badly.

18. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Griff - shipwreck

Griff's eyes grew wide at seeing the keys. He moved to get the keys and then was painfully reminded that he was still a chained up prisoner. "Uh.....Mr. dwarf sir....." he said sheepishly but found his courage to speak up louder "I.....see....the keys! Mr drawf...they are over there" stated the halfling trying to point to where the keys were hanging while being shackled.

19. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Yomok

Yomok heard the squeaky voice of the little person and had to concentrate to hear what he was saying over the crashing of the waves. Finally he understood what was being said, saw and grabbed the keys.

After unlocking his own shackles and with a gruff "Here shorty" he threw them to the Halfling. Yomok then had a look around to see if there was anything useful to scavenge.

Cejao, Pelekyphoroi and Doomen Gloom like this.
  20. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Griff

Griff eagerly caught the giant sized keys and unlocked his shackles. That felt better he thought as he rubbed his wrists and looked around the inside of the ship. He got up but almost fell down. He hadn't eaten in a while and felt a little weak. He paused a moment and then moved to the nearest person. "Miss....excuse me...miss...miss?" said Griff several time as he tried to get the attention of what was clearly a smoking hot elf. WOW! Thought Griff she's insanely hot. He regained his composure and looked for a place to poke..err...nudge her "miss elf are you okay?" he asked again.