AD&D Treasure Hunt and Beyond Game Thread

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Doomen Gloom, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

The Heros all missed
    The orcs attack
    Yomok gets hit twice taking 3 hits
    Cos gets hit once taking 2 hits

Mel cast cure light wounds on Yomok you get 6 back

Damaged
    Yomok 1 hit
    Griff 1 hit
    Cos 2 hits
    Kale 4 hits

Its your move

Bob Crees likes this.
  2. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Griff Proudmead

In the swirling battle, Griff will look for an opportunity to strike any orc from behind and bring down one of those brutes.

Pelekyphoroi and Bob Crees like this.
  3. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

Griff misses
    Yomok misses
    Cos hits killing 1 orc
    Kale hits killing 1 orc

The two remaining orcs miss

Its your move

Bob Crees likes this.
  4. Pelekyphoroi

Pelekyphoroi Got Your Back

Cos,

Calling on Athenas aid with a cry of "Nike!" (( what? It's a real Greek word)), Cos grasps his sword in a two-handed grip and let's loose an epic chop at the closest orc.

Doomen Gloom and Bob Crees like this.
  5. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Yomok

Yomok kept fighting, urging the others on. "Drop back Kale" he shouted, swinging his Hammer.

Pelekyphoroi and Doomen Gloom like this.
  6. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

Yomok hit killing the orc
    Griff missed
    Kale missed
    Cos kills the last orc

Kale say " I am fine Master Yomok a little beat up but still good to go"

Bob Crees likes this.
  7. Pelekyphoroi

Cos

Once again calling upon the deity of wisdom, craft, and war, Cos lays his hands upon Kale, immediately feeling the healing energy of his mistress' power flow through him into the newly minted ranger.

Doomen Gloom and Bob Crees like this.
  8. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Yomok

"Lets search these foul creatures" he muttered, kicking the nearest dead orc. Yomok was looking for any armour or coins.

Doomen Gloom likes this.
  9. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

Kale says " Save your healing Cos I still have lots of health (( 16 hp only down to 12))

Yomok and the others search the orcs and drag them out of the hallway You find 5 ep and 2 gp the 6 daggers and one of the orcs had padded armor AC8 that Yomok could use after much adjustments.

The group continues its search of the manor the remaining rooms are pretty much stripped clean. Its been about 7 hours since daybreak.
    Keestake is getting more and more agitated "Hehe the real treasure is in the catacombs in here behind the books"
    This room is full of empty book shelves Keestake tells you the way down is behind the one on the north wall. "I have not been here for twenty years so old so tired, soon i can rest"

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    Bob Crees likes this.
  10. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Griff Proudmead

Griff looks over to the north wall to the book shelve that Keestake is pointing out. The halfling will approach the book shelve and carefully look for traps and when he's confident there are no traps or he's disarmed a trap found, he'll then try to open the way blocked by the book shelve.

11. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

Griff looks over the bookshelf, near the top of the bookshelf is a button it was well hidden, you do not think it is trapped.

Bob Crees likes this.
  12. Pelekyphoroi

Cos
    Cos sidles up next to Griff. Ready for any surprises lurking behind the bookshelf.

Bob Crees and Doomen Gloom like this.
  13. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Griff Proudmead

Griff is a very curious halfling. He pushes the button.

14. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

Cos and Yomok steel them selves as the brave little Halfling pushes the button ... Click you hear a squeak, then a squeal, the sound of gears piling up, a rope snaps then a tremendous crash, as the counter weight from the door crashes into the catacombs below. The book shelf rocks a little then all is still ( that was very loud )

Bob Crees likes this.
  15. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Griff Proudmead

Griff's excitement turns to regret as he cringes with each loud thud one right after the other. When the loud noises finally subside he just shrugs his shoulders "it's important to keep all things mechanical properly maintained" he smiled with a grimace. "We'll have to all move the book case as I think the counter weight is at the bottom of the passage" concluded the halfling.

16. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

"Griff watch the door Yomok, Cos we need to get that passage open" the dwarf and the two big men grab a hold of the book shelf and try to pull it away from the wall.
    There is a loud scraping noise as it moves away from the wall, the men keep pulling, after a about a minute the book shelf is moved enough to reveal a small shaft, 2 feet wide and 2 feet long. The shaft is lined with bricks. Small steel staples, somewhat rusted, act as rungs for descending.

Bob Crees likes this.
  17. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Griff Proudmead

Griff moves up to the square opening of the shaft, crouches near the opening and peers down to see if he can see anything or determine how far it goes down. He then decides to descend down the shaft using the "ladder" and checks the sturdiness of each rung as he descends.

18. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

The rungs are sturdy and hold your weight easily, Griff reaches the bottom of the shaft, there is very little light here.
    You're in a dank chamber with rough stone walls and a damp, oppressive atmosphere. This large chamber seems to have been partitioned off into three storerooms, each piled high with crates and jars; each storage area is about 20 feet broad and 40 feet deep, and the areas are separated from one another by walls of red brick. To the south, a low shaft leads deeper into the catacombs. There is no noise except for the distant drip of water, a faint scurrying. not far from the bottom of the ladder is a barrel holding about a dozen torches, a flask of oil and a tinder box.
    Griff hears people coming down the shaft Trinsa and Mel first followed by Keestake and Yomok then Cale and finally Cos.
    As Cos reaches the bottom of the shaft you hear the door burst open and Orc and Goblin voices.

Keestake is standing beside a lever on the wall, he reaches up and pulls the lever, a tremendous crash resounds from overhead and the sounds the descending orcs and goblins change momentarily to screams, and then to silence. Then a tremendous cloud of dust rushes out of the shaft and a hail of medium to large rocks crashes to the bottom of the shaft. Cos dives out of the way just in time to avoid being crushed, but still takes 2 hits ( 4 total now)

Keestake speaks.

Well, we made it. Knew we would. Haven't been down here in a while. Remember the worst trip I ever had to make down here. Right after them first pirates left, 70 years ago. I had to do right by my sovereign, don't you think? I couldn't leave him lying there, hacked up and stripped down. Had to prepare him right and fine for the after world. So I hauled his body down here. Hard work that was. Dressed it up in some clothes and goods that the pirates missed. Laid it in a crypt near his son. Hauled his queen's body down, laid it between her husband and her son. That was grisly work. I was sad. Never been so sad since. Himself had a ring, something he'd found adventuring. Made things happen, if you just wished for it. But they'd stabbed him in the back before he got a chance to do any wishing. I took it off him and prayed that they would never decay, they had always be in one piece when it was time for the dead to rise up for the afterlife. Knew I'd done right; it always seemed his eyes followed me after that. Year after year after that, he never decayed. He's in as good a shape now as he ever was, likely. Don't know for sure. Haven't been down here in a while. You need to get used to your quarters, you know. You're going to be down here a piece. You're not leaving, you know. No more so than me. You'll see, I really couldn't let you wander off with the Sea King's treasures and pretties. Can't let you profane the tomb of his son. What kind of servant would I be if I let that happen? I wanted to get down here and shut up that shaft when the orcs first landed, but they got me. You've done me a favor. Got me down here so that I could shut it off. Sorry to say you wont be leaving. You're not going to find the entrance to the tombs. Going to die here, like me. Say, that's a pretty good idea.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    Bob Crees likes this.
  19. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Griff Proudmead

Griff looked at the human in horror. Keestake was completely insane and led us here to our doom. Griff felt rage at first and wanted to lash out at the madman but hope prevailed. He saw the paladin and cleric of Athena and walked confidently over to where the torches and tinder box was located and lit a torch. "Anyone who believes in the goddess Athena follow me!" said the brave halfling as he made his way deeper in to the catacombs.

20. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Yomok

"Not so fast little hobbit" growled Yomok before turning to the old man, "Where is this ring that you mention" he asked.

Doomen Gloom likes this.