AD&D Treasure Hunt and Beyond Game Thread

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Doomen Gloom, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

The two clerical scrolls were bought.

VonLoon, Bob Crees and SomeRandomGuy like this.
  2. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Yomok

"Do we have enough food" he asked the others, once outside of the shop.

3. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

" We never had a chance to get some this is all happening very fast " Mel said

VonLoon, SomeRandomGuy and Bob Crees like this.
  4. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Yomok

"Well we had better get some" muttered the Dwarf, "No idea how long we will be sorting this current thing out".

5. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

A shop selling food was easily located in a city as vast as Water Deep, 2 weeks (each) iron rations were hastily bought for the trip.

VonLoon, SomeRandomGuy and Bob Crees like this.
  6. VonLoon

VonLoon Got Your Back

"Ya,2 weeks should do for now or even 3 just in case.Should be able to hunt some game if needed too"Replies LKale

7. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

ok 3 weeks bought

SomeRandomGuy, VonLoon and Bob Crees like this.
  8. SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy Famous

"It should be more than enough, I'm sure we'll be back here after taking care of things at the cave and we can finalize our supplies then, right?"

VonLoon, Bob Crees and Doomen Gloom like this.
  9. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Yomok

"So now we try to overtake that wagon or follow it at a distance for a day or so" asked Yomok.

10. VonLoon

VonLoon Got Your Back

"I was just thinking the hidden castle we seek is somewhere near these caves and if we don't find it right away or even if we do we may need the extra rations while inside."Kale says to Maxon and adds to Yomok."We could follow them for the day to avoid any city patrols out that far,then decide."

11. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Yomok

"Well if everything goes to plan, we will have four more mouths to feed" stated Yomok, "But there again they should have their own supplies" he added almost to himself.

12. SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy Famous

Maxon climbed into his saddle after making sure everything was secured, "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to follow them but that leaves less time to scout out the caves, we don't know exactly where they are so it may take a bit to find them."

Doomen Gloom, VonLoon and Bob Crees like this.
  13. VonLoon

VonLoon Got Your Back

"I'm sure we can find them with the directions we have so far but lets get moving and we can discuss it on the way."Kale suggests and mounts his horse and prepares to head out when all are ready.

14. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

You leave the city of Water Deep the road is well maintained and start following the dwarves it is a nice late spring morning. You pass well tended fields the planting done just waiting for the spring rains. A few hours later you feel that you will come upon them soon if you keep this pace.

(What is your plan?)

Bob Crees, SomeRandomGuy and VonLoon like this.
  15. VonLoon

VonLoon Got Your Back

'I would suggest we confront them while they set up camp for the night and not moving unless there are inns along the way and they use one, in which case we will need to catch them a few miles beyond in the morning but I would still rather have them stopped and away from Hulgrum when we move on them.Zhorgul may be restrained leaving only Khulduz but we can't count on that. If it comes to a fight,, and I really don't see those two giving up easily,, I would suggest you Yomok go and protect Hulgrum if you can and keep him as calm as possible while the rest of us deal with them. We can then explain things to Hulgrum using what Zhorgul told Maxon and the pouch of poison. We should try timing it for when Hulgrum is farthest away from the other two for an added bit of safety but I guarantee my first arrow will not miss which ever one is closest to Hulgrum or makes a move on him.Maxon and I could even sneak around to their backs or side and react to what the rest of you do.Anyone else speak dwarf besides Mel and Trinsa? If Maxon and I don't get a chance to flank them and we all need to go in together it would help to have one of you near so we all know when to strike.,,,Sound reasonable?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  16. SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy Famous

Maxon gave Kale his attention while he went through his idea, then nodded, "It's a good plan but we could give it an even better chance of success. You and me sneak up on their camp and wait until they've actually gone to bed then the rest can move in to get Hulgrum out while we watch the other two. If they wake up I'll cast sleep on them, if that doesn't work we can deal with them the old fashioned way. I don't think they'll be stopping at an inn after the little blowup between Khulduz and Zhorgul, that's definitely put a rift between them and I doubt Zhorgul is going to be happy with his 'partner' when he wakes up."

He turned toward Mel and Trinsa, "To stack the deck even more in our favor, what spells do you ladies have available?"

VonLoon, Bob Crees and Doomen Gloom like this.
  17. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Yomok

"Well we will need to gain the trust of Hulgrum, as the old dwarf has put all his faith into the other two" stated Yomok. "It might be best to try and capture Zhorgul alive, as then Maxon can cast his spell on him again, get him to tell the truth like before" he continued. "I do have a Potion of Invisibility" Yomok concluded.

18. SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy Famous

Maxon shook his head, looking at Yomok. "I can't as I've not had the time to relearn anything, and I don't think we can afford waiting an entire day. Right now I have Sleep available so we'll just have to make do."

He looked toward the rest of the group, "Besides it may still be in effect, it can be an unpredictable spell. I've heard of it lasting for months if the target is treated well and I've not given Zhorgul any reason to doubt me."

Doomen Gloom, Bob Crees and VonLoon like this.
  19. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Yomok

"Well we can just tie him up for a day, giving you the chance to relearn your spells" replied Yomok, "But first we have to encounter them I guess" he added.

20. SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy Famous

Maxon sighed, "It's not that simple Yomok, like I said it can be an unpredictable spell. There's no guarantee it will even work and less so if he's harmed by us beforehand. If the target has any negative feelings toward the person who's casting it then there's even less of a chance of it working."

He rode in silence for a few minutes then stopped, having an idea. "Although.....if we want to do it that way, I could always go back to town and study it twice then meet up with you all on the road. Just follow them and we can wait until they make camp, if I cast it on both Khulduz and Zhorgul while they're asleep there's a good chance it will work. With both of them thinking I'm their best friend in the world we may be able to avoid any kind of messy situation altogether."

Doomen Gloom, VonLoon and Bob Crees like this.