1. I finally got off my ever-widening ass and fixed it so y'all could edit your Gallery offerings. Carry on. -- Sanya
    Dismiss Notice

An Emergency Broadcast set in the initial outbreak of Black Fever. PLEASE STAND BY.

Discussion in 'The Zed Gallery' started by Thunder Ice, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Thunder Ice

Thunder Ice Here To Help

2. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

That was awesome, nice job!!

3. 23-down

23-down Got Your Back

Hehe really cool indeed. :D Though death should have come after high aggression. :p since you didn't mention the word Zombie or dead walking, arisen from the dead.

4. Rock33B

Rock33B Here To Help

Loved it! Even my wife, who was laying next to me reading a book, got a worried look when she heard it. Priceless.

5. corey

corey Starting Off

I like the first rendition better but they are both great! Nice work!

6. M >>>

M >>> Got Your Back

Thunder Ice !

Nice work. I like version Number One.
    It's worded in such a way as to come across as "government speak". Truthful and accurate up to a point, but avoiding the main point entirely. This rings true to me.

Makes me remember the period when the U.S. was still testing air raid sirens up until the mid 1980's. Monthly testing of the Civil Defense sirens for nuclear attack was ended after the 1980's. Some communities retain the sirens for warning of hazardous weather conditions, tsunami, or cyclones.
    A nice touch in Trumbull County Oregon and local areas might be if they stubbornly retained the air raid siren system - and it was set off at the start of the outbreak by some emergency responder personnel. The air raid siren could cause confusion too since it does not describe where the attack comes from.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  7. Thunder Ice

Thunder Ice Here To Help

The wording for that is intentional. It does add a bit of humor to a game like SoD, but it also does imply that the government was aware that they were zombies, and this was one indication. :)

8. kebabmister

kebabmister Got Your Back

Too cool! It'd be awesome if something like this actually got into the game, lol. Maybe occasionally the survivors would try to turn on a TV, only for this (or something like it) to play.

9. Thunder Ice

Thunder Ice Here To Help

If Undead Labs decided to take this and put one of my renditions into their game, I would probably die happy. I've always wanted to be special. :3

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  10. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

;)your avatar makes you special;)

Griffonclaw39, Bob Crees and rebel36 like this.
  11. Wayne

Wayne Here To Help

I loved the 1st one as well. It sounds awesome enough to use as an office prank. :)

12. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Moved to the Gallery with all of the other creative type stuff. :)

13. rebel36

rebel36 Famous

Nice job @Thunder Ice. Both are great but I think the first sounded more authentic. Way to go!:)

QuarantineRoad and Bob Crees like this.
  14. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

15. Biggles

Biggles Here To Help

I love how all the county names were after presidents.

16. Thunder Ice

Thunder Ice Here To Help

Thanks!

I just noticed that ( :D), but the names are of counties in the state of Washington. Some threads have set a non-canon lore that perhaps Trumbull County is set in Washington. Granted, my setting is slightly off from other threads, it's more or less in the same state. :)

:D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2016
  17. Rock33B

Rock33B Here To Help

I think it's fantastic Thunder. Good job and thank you for sharing your talent!

18. Biggles

Biggles Here To Help

Well, good job anyways! I just thought that was an interesting little tidbit.

QuarantineRoad, rebel36 and Bob Crees like this.
  19. ErnestK7

ErnestK7 Here To Help

AMAZING!!I would have loved that to come out of a car radio in SoD! I guess you could replace the Cleo broadcasts with that and then just replace the mission name to "investigate the broadcast",resulting in a supply drop.
    I would do it but I dont know how to upload my mods to the internet.

I would like to try and do it myself if I could have your permission @Thunder Ice

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2016
  20. Thunder Ice

Thunder Ice Here To Help

I don't mind. That'd be pretty cool. :D