An intriguing new find! (new to me, at least...)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jack Talk Thai, Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Talk Thai

Jack Talk Thai Starting Off

I was helping a groupmate do one of the Feral missions in this little cheerful place I'm sure we're all familiar with:

and in the opening act of it (you know, when you arrive and the guy is swimming in zombies) I found myself backed into a little room I'd never noticed before. I noticed this set of stairs in the room--I thought I'd pretty much explored this area, so this was surprising for me:

You apparently cannot walk up these stairs, you will slide back down, but there does appear to be a small area or room up there on that second floor. I didn't see any other way to access it.

I'm sure it's nothing, but it was still cool to find. It took me back to the old days of playing NES games, with no internet to run to for help (we had hotlines and the guys at Nintendo Power answering our silly Zelda questions)--if I'd found this set of stairs in a game back then I'd've imagined all sorts of things about what might be in whatever briefcase or duffel bag I imagined might be up there.

I hope to encounter random stuff like this in SoD2 that might lead to something.
  2. manOyore

manOyore Starting Off

Oh yeah, the abandoned factory; although, I suspect they still manufacture zeds there. I've noticed that there before but I have never tried to use the stairs. Probably because I don't like hanging around there any longer than I have to. ;)

I set that place up as an outpost in one of my playthroughs where we're staying at Savini's. I got tired of the non-stop feral/jugg hunts over there and the cave below it. I'll have to check out those stairs next time I load up that save file.
    Sailorwolf, chikawowwow and Bob Crees like this.
  3. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

I really hate that place and always take someone with me, when I go to look for loot.
  4. Gmutant

Gmutant Here To Help

I ALWAYS make that place an outpost because it seems like the npcs love spawning missions there while you're at Savini's or Snyder's.
    Kid Kayole and chikawowwow like this.
  5. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

I saw the title of this post and really expected it to be a "invigor your obsolete by 100% without side effect."
    No offence to OP.
  6. mystyk

mystyk Famous

Even though you can't get up the stairs you can get to the little spot above it. The side with the esky just climb like you would a fence. There's nothing up there, but the one in Lifeline has a small ladder to reach that spot and there's a loot box there.
    chikawowwow and Del44ZSlayer like this.
  7. Sailorwolf

Sailorwolf Famous

Love the place :D It's like a zombie mosh pit of death when you try to save someone in there :cool:
  8. Del44ZSlayer

Del44ZSlayer Here To Help

Me too, that creepy warehouse always gives me problems. The fact that I have to run inside the huge interior at a snails pace where as the zeds can still chase me at their regular outdoor speed bugs me no end... LOL :mad:o_O:p
  9. Del44ZSlayer

Del44ZSlayer Here To Help

:eek::D ahahahaha oh my goodness... LOL
    chikawowwow likes this.
  10. Jack Talk Thai

Jack Talk Thai Starting Off

I'm on vanilla, by the way, if that makes a difference. I tried to climb up there but couldn't find a spot...where, exactly, do you stand?
    Del44ZSlayer and chikawowwow like this.
  11. mystyk

mystyk Famous

Outside the alcove, in the main big room. There's a loot box (whether it's glowing or not is random), either that side or around to the left. Put your torch on and look up, there's a ledge. It's a small flat square area.
    I'm in Spencer's Mill at the moment, with no cars in sight, so I can't go over there to get a screenshot at the moment :(

Edit: Loaded up a different save and headed out there. My bad, I was wrong. You can't climb up where I described. In Lifeline you can, though.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    Del44ZSlayer and chikawowwow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.