Announcing State of Decay 2

Discussion in 'News' started by Undead Sanya, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

Cejao, Fabian907, Virgel and 7 others like this.
  2. MatchesMalone

MatchesMalone Got Your Back

Soon becomes the norm ;)

Cejao, Akinaba and DeadK9Handler like this.
  3. FTcivic

FTcivic Here To Help

Whoooooo!!!!

Cejao likes this.
  4. Yeeeeah thank you ! It looks amazing :)

Cejao likes this.
  5. The_Bro

The_Bro Got Your Back

Hey! 2017 release on Xbox and Windows 10 doesn't necessarily translate to concurrent release, could be a 3 month lag. I'm not saying there will or won't be, I'm just staying its a bit vague to say they'll both be coming in 2017. As a PC guy this has substantial relevance to me.

Cejao likes this.
  6. why just windows 10?

Cejao likes this.
  7. The_Bro

The_Bro Got Your Back

They're making Xbox and Win10 become the same thing. You buy a title in Xbox you'll be able to play it on either Xbox AND Win10, so you can have the same saved game going from PC to Console and vice versa, same for if you buy something in the Win10 store I guess. Hopefully that will integrate with Steam, but only time will tell. Limited titles that will be able to do that in the works though and SoD 2 is one of them.

Cejao and Kalujo like this.
  8. maltriagon

maltriagon Here To Help

Yeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! Holyshigamawigatammy!
    Its hard to believe I'm actually reading real news about the next game XD
    Edit: Just watched the trailer. Gahhh I'm dying so much right now. It looks, beautiful. Go Bronto Gas! I'm happy it looks like SoD. The graphics are way better but I was scared it would look like a completely different game from the original, but it still has that feel. It looks like SoD. Just like it use to only on steroids. So much love.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    Cejao, Bond Servant and Kid Kayole like this.
  9. THIS is the news I've been waiting for!

Co-op, not competitive is fantastic news, so as long as you stick to the spirit of the original State of Decay you shouldn't go far wrong!

I really hope it's released on Steam as well though, Windows Store only would be a big mistake.

10. well that sucks. I wanted to get this but I don't want windows 10. guess I'm skipping.

JTM01 and Izuela like this.
  11. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

From the FAQ
    What about Steam?
    Stay tuned – we’ll have more to share in the future.
    http://stateofdecay.com/faq.html

Cejao likes this.
  12. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

Soooooo...

When is CLASS 5 getting announced?:D

Cejao, maltriagon and Bob Crees like this.
  13. The_Bro

The_Bro Got Your Back

Honestly I'm a bit worried about the whole "play anywhere" thing and how that relates to PC, it sounds like there's going to be minimal programming brainpower applied to port over to PC, at least not from the game devs themselves and it will essentially be outsourced to a MS team. I mean I think of a game like Skyrim, the port from console sucked because it wasn't optimized for KB/M. Many of us, myself included, don't and in fact because of my carpel tunnel find it near impossible to play with a controller. But there I am in Skyrim when it first came to PC having to scroll through menu after menu set up for a controller rather than KB/M, the modding community eventually took care of that on Skyrim but on titles that don't do as MASSIVE as Skyrim we're left in the breeze with ports not optimized for KB/M by the devs from the jump. Or how some releases, I'm looking at you Watch Dogs, that not only aren't optimized for KB/M but also downgrade the graphics to match console quality on PC and for no reason other than to not make console gamers feel inferior or something. Console has it's place, but it's not the only place in the community.

There are a LOT of titles that do this, I'm not singling anyone out really, but I think it's a trend that needs to be addressed by the industry in general. All I ask is that the community as a whole gets served and not leave any group short-changed.

14. Co op is going to be epic

Cejao, Kid Kayole and The_Bro like this.
  15. The_Bro

The_Bro Got Your Back

I can imagine the top Youtubers getting together to run a series of co-op's... English Bull/ZombieKitty/LuCaz/RedMonkey/PangurBan/SwiftMunkeh/GridSquare/ ETC... could actually do 2 series in tandem. A have a lot of ideas on this one actually, but one thing at a time let's see this game drop and get good at it before doing challenge series etc.

Cejao, Takuro_Spirit and Wayne like this.
  16. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

For the next official UL Twitch, it would be very nice for Jeff to make an appearance. He has been rare to nonexistant for any twitching I have ever seen. A little q&a, even with minimal information available to us, his adoring public, would be nice pr!

Cejao likes this.
  17. Undead Nicole

We're streaming today and Jeff is in LA. :) But thanks for thinking of him.

Cejao likes this.
  18. soulguard03

soulguard03 Starting Off

Streaming. Today. SoD 2? Hnnnnngggggg...

I think that means, you're "Watching E3", and not "Streaming SoD 2". Wheeeww... calming down.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    Cejao likes this.
  19. CotJocky466

CotJocky466 Here To Help

More SOD YOSE Breakdown gameplay with a backseat driver?

Cejao likes this.
  20. Undead Nicole

That's tomorrow. :D Today is Brant and Geoffrey doing the big show.

Cejao, DeadK9Handler and Wayne like this.