Announcing State of Decay 2

Discussion in 'News' started by Undead Sanya, Jun 13, 2016.

1. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

[​IMG]

2. Rock33B

Rock33B Here To Help

I love it haha good pic

Cejao, rebel36 and Bob Crees like this.
  3. CaptainAssassin

It's good rum too.

Cejao, Bob Crees and Undead Nicole like this.
  4. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Hey buddy :) It's good to see you.

5. Rock33B

Rock33B Here To Help

Good to see you guys too. Been a long road. Missed being able to come on and shoot the feral with all of you.

Cejao, rebel36 and Bob Crees like this.
  6. OldDogF14

OldDogF14 Here To Help

So, if you get sick on the stuff, does that mean you're releasing the Kraken?

Cejao, Michael1987, Bob Crees and 3 others like this.
  7. CaptainAssassin

I bought a miniature galleon for precisely that. In order to 'release the Kraken!' —properly, it needs something to wreak havoc upon.

[​IMG]

Tsewe, Cejao, Bob Crees and 2 others like this.
  8. Undead Nicole

/snort laughs

Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  9. CaptainAssassin

Here's another option— washable and reusable:

[​IMG]

10. Michael1987

Michael1987 Got Your Back

Hey Ms Nicole can you answer one tiny little question about SoD 2 to help ease my mind?
    Hopefully I won't get anyone in trouble for this

One of the things I hate about today's games is how developers charge ridiculous prices for the game and then 3/4ths a sequels price for DLC content.. Now me I'm not rich so buying a 60$ game and then finding out there's a 40$ seasons pass for it and Day One DLC is upsetting to Me.

It's also upsetting when the DLC content feels like it was merely stripped from the main game and sold to me at an additional cost later
    *cough Batman Arkham Knight cough*

But the one thing I hate the absolute MOST is In-App purchases.. You know that stupid stuff where you go to a market place in the game and pay money to get better gear or exclusive loot no one else has? I paid 90$ for Elder Scrolls Online... Yet I'm the one who looks like the cheapskate cause I can't afford to buy some Subscription to the game?? Bullslush

So here is my question short and simple-
    Will state of decay 2 be a full release I can be proud to own or will it go down the unfortunate route of in-app purchases & ridiculously over priced DLC content?

Please take Note-
    if it is high Quality DLC content I don't mind.. Something like a Breakdown mode type DLC where each time you load up and escape your dropped into a randomly generated map.
    That... Would be awesome & totally worth paying extra for.

It's stuff like exclusive skins, pre-order bonuses.. Stuff you know is already on the disc just locked away until you fork over that extra few dollars, that's the kind of content that I really hate. :(

I learnt my lesson after paying 120$ for Arkham Knight... Be extremely cautious in what I purchase from now on.

Cejao likes this.
  11. Undead Nicole

Michael, I'm afraid that I don't have the information you're looking for. Microsoft handles the pricing of the game and whatnot since they are the publisher and owner of the IP. :) Subsequently, I don't think that any of that has even been decided since we're still a ways out from launch.

Cejao likes this.
  12. Michael1987

Michael1987 Got Your Back

I sure hope not, and thank you for the quick reply :)

Cejao likes this.
  13. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

It's been almost 4 months since the E3 trailer. When are we gonna get more info? The next 2 months will fly by fast. It will be 1/2 a year by then :mad:

14. Sandor

Sandor Got Your Back

Indeed! Show us something new :p

Cejao likes this.
  15. 23-down

23-down Got Your Back

Agreed. It's time for some new pixels, a screen here, a screen there I'm sure nobody would mind don't be shy @undead folks. We can handle every screen or vid you throw at us. :)

I believe I repeat myself with this statement: Your PR department seems to be sleeping on the job. So put some water over their heads to wake them. :p The same bad PR happened for the 1 year Edition and that's not good as it will limit your potential sales.

Cejao likes this.
  16. Undead Nicole

Man, I know you guys want more information. Believe me when I say that we want to give it. We just can't right now. As soon as we can though, we'll be trumpeting that stuff from the rooftops. :)

Tsewe, Cejao and ThatChristmaskid like this.
  17. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

Our publisher believes, with decades of data to support them, that trickling out information and visuals will cost them sales in the long run. Their model is announce-silence-BIG SPLASH-steady release of info-launch. No one is asleep - this is 100% intentional and by design, supported by data gathered by people with MBAs.

You know I have a very different style. I feed information to the hardcore on a regular basis starting very early on to water the grass roots. This is more effective if you don't have the money for a big splash, and having money has never happened to me before in my entire career. It's a long slow start that takes off when the game become available.

Those of you who were with us when I was the only one available to do promotion are used to my style, and this way feels less fun. And it is less fun, for the true believers and old friends :)

But launch strategy is always up to the publisher. SOD2 is a big game, with a lot of promise, and an enormous level of support from the publisher, and they are counting on that big splash. They tell me this is the way that will maximize interest, coverage, and results.

I am right this minute in negotiation to get some concept art out in front of you, with the full support of the marketing people over there. And I've got some great design stuff from Foge and Geoffrey for the newsletter, which tells you quite a lot if you read closely.

There is stuff in the works - I just cannot talk about it and still have a job, so please, help me keep my job. I like it here with all of you and I don't want to leave :D

Velox, Tsewe, Backpacker Lee and 5 others like this.
  18. ErnestK7

ErnestK7 Here To Help

So does that mean I can stop googling State of Decay 2 every 3 minutes to see if anything new has been posted?

Tsewe, Cejao and Vanilla like this.
  19. Undead Nicole

Yeah. :)

Cejao, Wayne, Vanilla and 1 other person like this.
  20. CaptainAssassin

Instead of the UbiSoft approach— 3 or 4 postings per day of stuff you don't really care about.

ErnestK7, Tsewe, Cejao and 2 others like this.