Any worries for State of Decay 2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NitrousOxide, Jan 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First off, let me say. I love State of Decay and have put many hours into on Xbox 360 and Xbox One. By far my favorite Zombie game out. Everything about the game was planned incredibly. To make such an ambitious game with such a small studio was very risky, but it paid off. That being said, there were a few things the game could improve at...

1. Animations - From a low budget game that SoD1 was, I expect animations to be so-so. I really hope that walking animations have been improved over the first game. Couching was a bit odd and you could not fire a weapon while being crouched. Running also did not look the greatest, alot of moon-walking when it came to traversing SoD.

2. HUD - I would love to see the ability to turn off HUD. Also imrpoved crosshairs, a simple + or dot would be fine with me.

3. Difficulty - SoD was pretty easy when it came to combat and pretty much everything. A hardcore mode would be awesome. Say, one bite = infection then death. It would be nice to see more zombies in buildings. Most of the time the radar would take the tense feeling away from not knowing whats behind the next door.

4. Weapons - From the trailers the guns look to handle a bit more realisticly, but definitely would love to see more options and customization when it comes to weapons... not like Dying Light where you can attach electricity to a knife but scopes and such.

Also weapon scaling would be nice. Some of the guns in SoD were way too big, like the Pistols.
    Those are pretty much my main concerns for SoD2. How about you?
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  2. xGbHx

xGbHx Here To Help

Ai and Enclaves. I want bigger enclaves who also have their own safe zone (bigger than the house; like outposts too and they will also loot the map much like your group). Also I want to be evil, to be like the governor or Negan from TWD Show/Comics. I want to be able to kill people in enclaves to scare the other ones into giving me stuff. Also for enclaves to be bigger. (Pretty much) EVERYTHING else can just be a copy of SOD 1. So enclaves and ai are my biggest worry, also pathfinding :)
  3. Thunder Ice

Thunder Ice Here To Help

If we can't crouch and use our weapons, I'll be annoyed until it's either patched or modded in (with consoles in mind).
  4. Yea, it's understandable in the first game. I just really hope this time around we see a bit more polish. I also wouldn't mind seeing a few more things in a "hardcore" mode like having to eat, drink, sleep, ect. I like the fact that we will actually have a use for gas this time around. If it was something that was removed from the first, why didn't they just put the code back in when everyone started asking for it?

Perhaps if we are lucky enough to get a part-3 we will see more base-building elements like actually being able to make a base anywhere and build buildings/walls/fences.
    Bob Crees, Kid Kayole and GEO THUNDER like this.
  5. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

The devs have stated we are getting a bigger badder State Of Decay. I too hope this isn’t just a copy and paste with a few more features and a smoother framerate. The animations in SoD1 should be reworked (especially moving while crouched) Who crouch walks like that? lol. The transition from upright to crouched (on controller) requires holding down the (B) button, I much prefer simply tapping the (B) button assuming they use the same button mapping. Holding the (B) button down is more commonly used as a way of going prone in most games. I like the idea of being able to go prone in SoD2, hide under beds, vehicles, or go under fences would be awesome and scary as hell in tense situations.

The trailer clip of the fighting system looks interesting. Being surrounded and fending off threats from all angles is a nice addition.
  6. I actually thought the same thing. A simple button press would work better than having to hold the button. They would just need to find a new button for dodging attacks. I always thought a cover system for this game would be awesome, as it would not really be for combat but for staying unseen. I highly doubt we will be getting one, but even something like Ghost Recon's Wildlands cover system could work out nicely. Not having to hop in and out of cover but by just going up to a wall enters cover.

I really hope we get more realistic shadows with the flashlight this time around aswell.
    Bob Crees and DJB204 like this.
  7. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

My main worry is about how long you can play it for - In the UK most games are rated on how long you can play per £1 spent. If I recall - a 'Good' game equates to One Hour spent playing for each £1 the game costs to purchase.

Edit - So Breakdown really is a very good valued game. Not sure if MS will let UL release any such DLC for SoD2
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    DJB204 likes this.
  8. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

I hope it’s like Breakdown but with a storyline on the side. It’s releasing with 3 maps so maybe there are missions tied to each map? Once the missions are done we can keep playing on the map or move on to another map. I hope there is no end. SoD1 vanilla ended with the inability to keep playing (that sucked) lol. Maybe in SoD2 the storyline missions don’t have an ending that stops gameplay, and maybe new maps with new missions will come via DLC. This could potentially make the game go on forever or until our group gets wiped out. I don’t know how the resource depletion will work with 3 maps, but I’m assuming that each time we move on to a new map, the resources spawn less and less like breakdown. I believe SoD2 will be storyline and breakdown mixed together equaling awesomeness in my opinion lol
    Kid Kayole and Bob Crees like this.
  9. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

Well fingers crossed - I guess we will get an update sometime in February.
    DJB204 likes this.
  10. Vladtheimpalerr

Vladtheimpalerr Got Your Back

My only worry is that they might make it more mission focused instead of letting us survive for as long as we want like breakdown. Also I hope we can shoot when crouched and we can zoom in with scopes. Also being able to prone and shoot.
    Bob Crees likes this.
  11. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

How would 'Zoom' with scopes work in Co-Op?
  12. Vladtheimpalerr

Just aim and press in the right stick. They could always watch your back. I dont see why looking through your scopes wouldn't be in the game this time.
    Kid Kayole and Bob Crees like this.
  13. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

If you were playing Co-Op - How would you feel if 3 people slowed your game down, as they were using 'Zoom'
  14. Vladtheimpalerr

I'm not meaning the slow mo zoom. Just like a normal zoom in the scope. Not everyone needs slow motion to hit targets through a scope. I just want to snipe some zombie from a long distance or A.I human enemies. I would absolutely love a zoom option.
    Bob Crees likes this.
  15. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

Ah Yes - being able to zoom in with a scope would be awesome:)
    Rooney and Vladtheimpalerr like this.
  16. They already hinted that the game would be like Breakdown. I'm guessing that it the missions themselves, being randomly generated will be like Breakdown but more in depth. As the stories will be made more of from your decision and outcome of the random mini-objectives. They obviously saw Breakdown as being everyones favorite and wanting co-op and most likely used that as there starting point. So the game will go as long as you survive or continue playing as you can move from map to map to keep the game fresh and fun.
    Kid Kayole, Bob Crees and DJB204 like this.
  17. PhDPeddler

PhDPeddler Here To Help

I have NO and let me say NONE what so ever.

As stated above, it is a supreme State of Decay.
  18. Vladtheimpalerr

My other worry is that we will have a time limit to go from map to map. I do not like time games. I hope they stick to the breakdown style and let us survive for as long as we want. If there is time limits for each map, then I will stop playing.
    Bob Crees likes this.
  19. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

The lack of any real detail is starting to get slightly annoying now.
    xGbHx, Sailorwolf, Kid Kayole and 2 others like this.
  20. Vladtheimpalerr

I agree but, they didn't say when this month that they would drop new information. So hopefully soon. But you never know.
    Bob Crees likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.