Anyone else hated the main 3 you start with ???

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Hamblin22, Apr 13, 2017.

1. I only played them in the beginning and hated Ed the most

2. rebel36

rebel36 Famous

No. I actually liked all of them and grew more attached to them as I played. As you progress in the game and gain trust with other characters you can play as them also. This game isn't really about playing as one particular character but as a group or community of different individuals.

3. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

To be honest I enjoyed playing them, seemed to fit in very well with the story.

And welcome to the Forums:)

4. The chick wasn't to bad

5. Zeppathy

Zeppathy Here To Help

I liked Maya, usually switched to her right away. I liked Eds traits, but he was an extreemly annoying character. Didn't help that for some reason in every vanilla playthrough he gets himself in trouble constantly. He starts to feel like a more annoying version of Chloe from Life is Strange. Oh feth, Eds attempting assisted suicide via Zs, again. Best drop everything and go save him, again. -.- I was neutral on Marcus. I didn't dislike him, but if he died I wouldn't have cared.

Attached Files:

6. Zeppathy

Zeppathy Here To Help

I liked that the dialog with the military was different if you took Maya too.

7. Kid Kayole

Kid Kayole Here To Help

Marcus died pretty early on in my first playthrough so I never really connected with him, and since then I've always felt a bit indifferent towards him.

Geoff728, Cejao, MrMonst3r and 4 others like this.
  8. I really hope when SOD2 come out there's SOME character creation or customization

I don't want it to turn into fallout but just a little stuff you can do.... maybe make the same game just in a different location

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017
  9. Vers

Vers Here To Help

We'll know soon enough. If we get customization, I think it will be with clothing, not facial features. But that guess is based off of nothing. If we don't get it, that's fine with me, SoD held my attention without it, and it made finding a rare character I wanted that much more of a gem.

Vanilla, MrMonst3r, Bob Crees and 5 others like this.
  10. zechs

zechs Here To Help

I liked Marcus and Maya. Didn't care much for Ed.

11. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

I did not like Ed initially. Kind of a goof. But he does have Reflexes. The spin kick is very useful.

12. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

Marcus is a bad ass he levels very quickly, Maya is real good as well, Ed is well Ed.

Hawkthorne, Cejao, Vanilla and 4 others like this.
  13. Vers

Vers Here To Help

Well put, Ed is Ed indeed. Embrace him for who he is... or feed him to the zombies.

https://www.stateofdecay.com/2017/04/14/your-fellow-survivors/

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    Geoff728, Hawkthorne, Cejao and 4 others like this.
  14. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

"A big part of the State of Decay experience is that you recruit people as you find them. People have on them whatever they happen to have been wearing when the apocalypse broke out, or maybe the best outfit they were able to take off the body of their dead neighbor. (As with the original game, the look of each survivor is locked in when you recruit them.)"

https://www.stateofdecay.com/2017/04/14/your-fellow-survivors/

Geoff728, Cejao, Vanilla and 5 others like this.
  15. Griffonclaw39

Griffonclaw39 Here To Help

Aww... No Twinkies for you! I love the original three, but hey... that's cool.

Cejao, MrMonst3r, Bob Crees and 2 others like this.
  16. mystyk

mystyk Famous

For a long while I couldn't stand Ed. His voice, the way he looks and the way he dresses, lol.
    But over time that changed. Plus one time during storymode, a few months ago, I got some different dialogue out of him that I'd never heard before (and haven't heard his voicetype say since), so he's not so bad now.
    Going through the start of storymode and, to me, Ed is the 'switched on' one whereas Marcus is an annoying do-gooder. Ed thought to get the keys and radio while Marcus had a fit and told him off. If anything they'd have been f&$@*d if Ed wasn't there to think for him, lol.

Not that I'll be getting SOD2 for a while, if ever, (O/S exclusives...ugh) but the option to have more than one follower would be good (like start of storymode) and able to switch between them without one running home after 2 minutes.
    Anyway, I haven't read much about it all. Not much point.

17. Righteous Ham

Righteous Ham Here To Help

Hate is a really strong term to use for such thin characters. Frankly, there's not enough there for me to hate. Once you move beyond the basic impressions of: laid back/good-natured (Marcus) abrasive/taciturn (Maya) and nervous/goofy (Ed) they're empty vessels to be filled by the player's imagination.

Which is fine as having stronger characterizations wasn't necessary in a game devoted as SoD was to its mechanics and systems. Besides, filling in the blanks and inventing personalities and stories for one's community could be a fun challenge. For my part, there was just enough hints to the individual characters - taken from their traits and menu descriptions - that allowed one to have fun doing so.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  18. Del44ZSlayer

Del44ZSlayer Here To Help

God no LOL, Ed Jones is a nimble character which allows for gaining spin kick etc, he's one of my main breakdown group, the starting one actually. Marcus is a powerhouse with leadership qualities I believe, and Maya, well Maya's not as good in my opinion but ed n Marcus definitely are. Why don't you like them can I ask, do u mean the character models, or is it how there traits and skills are to begin with that you aren't keen on?

19. Del44ZSlayer

Del44ZSlayer Here To Help

* Apologies I read the bit about not liking them n flew down to reply LOL, then Iv gone back up to look and you did explain why.

Bob Crees and XzerothreeX like this.
  20. MrMonst3r

MrMonst3r Famous

There's way too much Ed hatred on this thread for my liking! :confused: I love Ed. Sure, he's the comic relief but he's always welcome in my band of survivors. Maya is straight badass. It was only Marcus I wasn't initially fond of and even he grew on me.