Anyone else hated the main 3 you start with ???

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Hamblin22, Apr 13, 2017.

1. I only played them in the beginning and hated Ed the most

2. rebel36

rebel36 Famous

No. I actually liked all of them and grew more attached to them as I played. As you progress in the game and gain trust with other characters you can play as them also. This game isn't really about playing as one particular character but as a group or community of different individuals.

3. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

To be honest I enjoyed playing them, seemed to fit in very well with the story.

And welcome to the Forums:)

4. The chick wasn't to bad

5. Zeppathy

Zeppathy Got Your Back

I liked Maya, usually switched to her right away. I liked Eds traits, but he was an extreemly annoying character. Didn't help that for some reason in every vanilla playthrough he gets himself in trouble constantly. He starts to feel like a more annoying version of Chloe from Life is Strange. Oh feth, Eds attempting assisted suicide via Zs, again. Best drop everything and go save him, again. -.- I was neutral on Marcus. I didn't dislike him, but if he died I wouldn't have cared.

Attached Files:

6. Zeppathy

Zeppathy Got Your Back

I liked that the dialog with the military was different if you took Maya too.

7. Kid Kayole

Kid Kayole Here To Help

Marcus died pretty early on in my first playthrough so I never really connected with him, and since then I've always felt a bit indifferent towards him.

8. I really hope when SOD2 come out there's SOME character creation or customization

I don't want it to turn into fallout but just a little stuff you can do.... maybe make the same game just in a different location

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017
  9. Vers

Vers Here To Help

We'll know soon enough. If we get customization, I think it will be with clothing, not facial features. But that guess is based off of nothing. If we don't get it, that's fine with me, SoD held my attention without it, and it made finding a rare character I wanted that much more of a gem.

10. zechs

zechs Here To Help

I liked Marcus and Maya. Didn't care much for Ed.

11. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

I did not like Ed initially. Kind of a goof. But he does have Reflexes. The spin kick is very useful.

Bob Crees, rebel36 and Doomen Gloom like this.
  12. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

Marcus is a bad ass he levels very quickly, Maya is real good as well, Ed is well Ed.

Bob Crees, rebel36 and XzerothreeX like this.
  13. Vers

Vers Here To Help

Well put, Ed is Ed indeed. Embrace him for who he is... or feed him to the zombies.

https://www.stateofdecay.com/2017/04/14/your-fellow-survivors/

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    Bob Crees, rebel36 and Doomen Gloom like this.
  14. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

"A big part of the State of Decay experience is that you recruit people as you find them. People have on them whatever they happen to have been wearing when the apocalypse broke out, or maybe the best outfit they were able to take off the body of their dead neighbor. (As with the original game, the look of each survivor is locked in when you recruit them.)"

https://www.stateofdecay.com/2017/04/14/your-fellow-survivors/