Are you Crashing on PC?

Discussion in 'State of Decay Bugs' started by Undead Nicole, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

How many survivors do you have in Breakdown? That could be the cause. Have you tried starting a new game with a new profile?

2. 0 since i havent played breakdown since wen i start it it loads up few secs later crashed and yesi have treid on all 4 profiles all the same it loads the world few secs after that it crash to desktop for no reason

3. Undead Nicole

Can you post your dxdiag for me please?

Also, have you created a "new" profile rather than played on older profiles? Did you import your save?

4. Hi,
    I am currently using ASUS GL552JX
    When i start to play this game.It crashed when i change the graphic.So i want to know what should i do?It is fine if i play at the regular graphic which they give me.
    I am using Window 10.All the diver updated.
    Thanks for helping.

5. Undead Nicole

Can you post your dxdiag for me please?

6. Sorry about that is a chinese laptop.So there will be some chinese letter in there.Hopefully you will be fine.Thanks dude

Attached Files:

7. Undead Nicole

---------------
    Diagnostics
    ---------------

Windows Error Reporting:
    +++ WER0 +++:
    ¿ù»~®e¾¹ 107719848199¡AÃþ«¬ 1

¨Æ¥ó¦WºÙ: APPCRASH

¦^À³: µLªk¨Ï¥Î

Cab ÃѧO½X: 0

°ÝÃDñ³¹:

P1: rundll32.exe

P2: 10.0.10586.0

P3: 5632d69c

P4: KERNELBASE.dll

P5: 10.0.10586.0

P6: 5632da1c

P7: 40000015

P8: 000bd8a8

P9:

P10:

ªþ¥[ÀÉ®×:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9580.tmp.appcompat.txt

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\WER95A1.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_rundll32.exe_08a86bdfc653d5d32f04cac77418097b5291b79_7c9db5b2_cab_205995a0\memory.hdmp

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_rundll32.exe_08a86bdfc653d5d32f04cac77418097b5291b79_7c9db5b2_cab_205995a0\triagedump.dmp

WERGenerationLog.txt

From here down, you have a lot of Windows Errors. It's likely that your Windows didn't update correctly and it's causing issues with the rest of your programs. Try resolving that and see if it fixes the issue.

8. it said is the newest updated already.This is a new laptop with window 10.Maybe because of window 10?

9. is it possible to set the graphic setting before i get in the game.It is because only when i try to figure out the graphic and it will crash.

10. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

I would suggest setting the game to run with the nVidia graphics only (either through the control center or by right-clicking on the state of decay exe and selecting the appropriate option).

Also, change one setting at a time and see if you can narrow down which graphics option is actually causing the crash. That might help determine the solution.

11. Thanks let me try

12. still same things.Sorry.Maybe my laptop only work with the default revaluation?

13. turribel

turribel Got Your Back

Your laptop sold with Windows 8.1 You may be one of the unlucky "few" where Windows 10 does not update correctly. I'm one of those few too. If you are you should open up a service ticket with Microsoft Windows Update Support. They will try to help you with the Windows 10 Update.

But I don't think that is the issue here yet.

You did say you can play it you just can't change resolution. Maybe trying this will help figure out what is wrong. Maybe try to change something else besides the resolution. Maybe changing the resolution one notch only (I don't know what resolution you tried to change it to or from). Might even try changing to a lower resolution to see if that brings up an error.

14. Sure.My laptop sold with win 10,So i don't think there is win 8 there.I just bought it yesterday or the day before.So basically i change to any resolution it just crashed.

15. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

File verification through Steam? I've turned it into a habit every time I download a new game.

16. yup i did.haha i think i should just play the normal resolution

17. Undead Nicole

Yeah you should probably just play with the normal resolution. :)

TheBoyZ likes this.
  18. turribel

turribel Got Your Back

Might be a good idea.

19. Im Having a Error .. Pls Help me .. It Says Crash Dump Error :Saved Dump File to 'E:/Games/State of Decay Year-One/USER/ ... Pls i need a fast action for this ... BTW im using win 10 ...

20. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

That's an unusual installation path...

However, refer to OP and post results.