Are you Crashing on PC?

Discussion in 'State of Decay Bugs' started by Undead Nicole, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Where Should I Place it ?

2. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

I'm not saying it's wrong, but it's unusual to see a Steam game not in the Steam directory. Default installation path would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\State of Decay YOSE. I have an atypical installation (tertiary drive) too, but I still have all of Steam on that drive. Not a big deal, it just makes me raise a brow when someone has their library outside of the Steam folder.

Back to the issue, go to the first post and go through all of the steps that Nicole outlined for troubleshooting your problem. Post results here and we'll take a look. :)

3. My State of Decay YOSE is a Crack .. I dont have much money to buy it on steam .. so ive installed it in SKIDROW .. Wich is a Crack ... I cant follow Nicole's Steps because my State of Decay YOSE is not in Steam ..

4. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I'm afraid I'm unable to give you any support on this Mr. Yuzo. We don't support pirated copies of the game.

5. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

That's what I figured.

Come back when you've got a legit copy and I'll bust my butt trying to help you get it working. :)

6. Jmababa

Jmababa Got Your Back

I took it out af steam folder so it will fix some of the bugs you can copy the steam files over to the game folder you want including the game itself also I wont give you a fix cause your using pirate sorry there is a fix for that use original exe one from steam also before you do this update game 1st cause you cant update it unless you put game back in steam folder

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  7. Hey there,
    like some others, i updated to Win 10 a wile ago, and i wanted to play YOSE again since last summer, but it didn't start at all.
    I'm pretty much sure i tried everything i'm able to do, but i couldn't get it started.
    I played it before Win 10 as mentioned above and it worked just fine.
    The normal State of Decay works all well.
    So may you please help me?

And by the way, i'm german, so please excuse my bad english.

Yours sincerely,

Adrian

Attached Files:

8. Undead Nicole

There are a lot of Windows 10 errors on your dxdiag. You may need to run Windows Update again to clear them. Also try running Verify Cache through Steam. Let me know if that helps fix it.

9. Hello there

I can not launch State of Decay from steam or desktop for 2 days now. Preparing to launch , and then nothing more....Have you heard about any bug or something these days ?

Sorry for my English , swiss guy writing

10. Missing msvcp110?

11. Undead Nicole

12. Thanks Nicole,
    reinstalling Windows 10 worked well for YOSE! Works as fine as before that "update".

Undead Nicole likes this.
  13. Hello, I bought state of decay a while ago, and it worked fine, but when I got my alienware alpha, it suddenly became weird. Mind you, I over clocked the graphics card, but I will try and degrade it, and I have done everything recommended. I originally had this problem with the original where it wouldn't start, only pop up for a second and then not play, so I bought YOSE, NAND the problem persists. Thank you.

14. The game still will not even start up. Please help.

15. Undead Nicole

Bryden, can you post your dxdiag please? Also, are you playing YOSE or the original SoD?

16. I played yesterday more then 3 hours(and about 20 hours 1-2 years ago). Close the game and today its work no more, i get not even crash information(its look like start normal and notting happend). I didn´t install or change anything on my PC.

things i tried
    -vcredist repair
    -Start options (example. -resx=1280 -resy=720 -fullscreen and many another res.)
    -never had mods
    -update any driver
    -any possible compatibly mods and Admin righs

notting helps so far...

So some more information :
    -Win10
    -Orginal SoD with all DLC
    -Have 254 games in my steam libry and have not any problem(and play lots of different games)

Attached Files:

17. Undead Nicole

Problemsignatur:

P1: RadeonSettings.exe

P2: 10.1.1.1633

P3: 573f7f5e

P4: atiadlxx.dll

P5: 21.19.137.1

P6: 57dc3f13

P7: c0000005

P8: 00000000000809cf

P9:

P10:

I think this is the issue. Your drivers look pretty new, but it is possible that they aren't compatible with the program. Try rolling back?

18. Hi Nicole,

I have solution : i just put the SoD order from D:\ to C:\ :)

19. Undead Nicole

Oh. Well that makes perfect sense. I mean, it doesn't make sense, but I have seen that problem before. I don't know why the drive matters, but if you're not on C, the game doesn't register quite right.

20. What about for the Xbox one I'm having problems killing zombies with melee weapons it doesn't hit them.