Are you Crashing on PC?

Discussion in 'State of Decay Bugs' started by Undead Nicole, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Do you have all of the updates download on your Xbox?

2. Hi, I sent you an email, please help me, i tried many things and without luck, nothing works.
    Got this game on steam, all drivers are up to date, system specs can handle this game, did all the steps mentioned in the op.
    I feel bad that I purchased it without checking if it has that many bugs.

3. sc2mitch

sc2mitch Got Your Back

Can you post your specs here or a dxdiag would be helpful for me to help you.

4. sure

Attached Files:

5. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

Are you receiving an crashdump error or just getting nothing when trying to run through Steam?
    I ask because your dxdiag indicates an apphang with YOSE as well as Steam. It's likely that the two are related. You may need to reinstall Steam to resolve the issue. Alternatively, you can try running YOSE directly from the install path and see if that works for you.

Good luck!

6. One of my recent error dumps if you can read it https://we.tl/Vqa1Lj4EsJ
    also I happen to move steam before I got the game into a new drive, idk if that matters.
    I tried playing the game from steamapps folder directly same results

7. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

I'm not a dev, so I don't have access to the symbols needed to accurately decipher the dump file, but I did see a reference to DirectX that seemed unusual to me. Usually, the dmp just reference a fault at nt.dll (iirc) and that's just a deadend, so this may actually help. Have you tried reinstalling the redist that is located in the State of Decay folder?

8. sc2mitch

sc2mitch Got Your Back

I come to the rescue thanks to VS.
    Main error exception code: 0xC0000005
    Error response: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
    [​IMG]

9. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

I'm using Windbg. What sorcery is this?

10. sc2mitch

sc2mitch Got Your Back

YojimBeau likes this.

11. I see, what should I do in this case? I have the game in exceptions in antivirus plus all traffic is allowed

12. sc2mitch

sc2mitch Got Your Back

Update your game mayb? If you are running a pirated copy then well, expect no assistance here from neither me or anyone else.

13. game is on steam purchased, I tried tuning off internet and antivirus no effect managed to play 40 mins than crashed

14. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

If you crashed after 40 minutes of play it sounds like you're overheating. Either your GPU or system. Have you checked your cooling system? Are the fans working properly? Is the CPU and RAM working properly?

15. I doubt is overheating I'm playing AAA games for 8 hours straight sometimes. I got a r9 580x, all my fans are in good shape. The game crashes with a error dump, system has no problem.

Btw I also reinstalled steam and downloaded the game again, I tried to play lifeline after 10 mins again, I'm already sick of this error. Is crashing randomly

16. sc2mitch

sc2mitch Got Your Back

What areas are you in during your crash and if you crash again can you provide a final crashdump so I can reference them both in DB

17. i was searching for stranded soldiers, it crashed near the base a few km on the right. Just managed to get 2 new guys in but the game decided a crash was better
    https://we.tl/x8j19vckyE download link for dump