Are you Crashing on PC?

Discussion in 'For PC Players Only' started by Undead Nicole, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Kismette

Kismette Got Your Back

Ok.... I was kinda hoping that outdated mods would be the culprit. Might as well try QMJS's solution too though, that part of the dxdiag are beyond me and he caught something.

Bob Crees likes this.
  2. Cejao likes this.
  3. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

Post it here via the "Upload a File" button.

4. Thank you

Attached Files:

5. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

I'm not seeing anything immediately evident as the cause of the problem. You do have hybrid graphics and I'd recommend setting the game to run with the nVidia GPU only (in the nVidia Experience program).

You may want to include a description of what the actual problem is...error messages, crash-dump, etc.

6. The problem is that the game won't start at all it loads for a few seconds but nothing shows up at all.

7. Kismette

Kismette Got Your Back

You also have another game that requires a dx11 graphics card that you have 0 play time as well, SNOW (from the SteamID you linked). Does that one not launch also? If not, then are you sure you're playing these games with that GTX 960M as YojimBeau noted?

8. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Looks like Steam itself is crashing your system. I would try reinstalling Steam (or maybe even just restarting it.) Make sure you run a File verification on YOSE (Properties, Local Content - File Check) It should flag and download any missing files. :)

9. I had the demo for a bit but never got around to playing it.

10. I have already reinstalled Steam and also tried restarting it and I did a File verification on YOSE and it came back saying that everything is validated but when I tried the game it told me it was running but stopped after it tried to sync.

11. Undead Nicole

And you have the latest vcredist?

12. Yes, 2015

13. Hey Guys,

I have a problem. My game starts and then i get a crashdump report. I'm currently doawnloading the game again (did this 5 times with fresh instal)
    Could you guys help me?

With Kind regards
    Stefan Zivadinovic from Belgium

Attached Files:

Del44ZSlayer likes this.
  14. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

@SZIVADIN
    Is this for the Original game or the YOSE version?
    From the DxDiag your CPU clock speed looks to be below the minimum requirements.
    GPU looks fine but I saw that the recommended resolution for the 760M is 1280x720 and your DxDiag is reporting that you are running on the internal graphics @ 1920x1080.
    The internal graphics uses your CPU & RAM to function as a GPU so the first thing is to ensure that you're using the Nvidia card for the game.
    To do this open the Nvidia Control Panel (right click on desktop) go > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > State Of Decay > then there should be another drop down box allowing you to switch between graphics processors.

Del44ZSlayer likes this.
  15. Sent an email to you @Undead with my files and info.

Del44ZSlayer likes this.
  16. Undead Nicole

Got it and replied. :)

Del44ZSlayer likes this.
  17. Hello, I just got this for the PC on Steam since I loved it so much on the 360. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work. Every time I try to run it, I get a dx 11 error. To resolve this I have:
    • Removed and reinstalled video driver
    • Updated everything I could from computer manuf. site
    • Gone to the appsdata folder and reinstalled DirectX 11, both as user and as admin
    • Gone to same place and reinstalled the other one for C, both as user and admin
    • Verified the install
    • Removed Steam completely, then reinstalled, and repeated the Directx + C reinstall as user and as admin
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    EDIT: I also have a dump file but I don't know how to open it to read it, and the message boards here wouldn't let me attach it or after zipping it

Attached Files:

18. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

Your system does not meet minimum requirements.

FYI, this PC is a "business solution" and you're going to need to rethink this whole build if you seriously intend to use it for gaming. I mean, essentially everything must go, MoBo, CPU, RAM, PSU, and a real GPU to begin with.

19. I usually don't have tons of time to play games, but this box has run everything I've tried to play (sometimes not very well). Between that and how specific the error message was, I thought there must be something else going on. I'm saving up for a system meant to handle games, though. If the DirectX 11 error is due to hardware and not some weird software issue, I guess I just have to wait to play it.

It's not the answer I was hoping for, but sort of the one I expected. I appreciate you looking it. Thanks for taking the time!

Bob Crees likes this.