August Challenge: Hot Days

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Nicole, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Matty G

Matty G Starting Off

But it's says its an edged weapon but swings like a heavy weapon

RobertH5996 likes this.
  2. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

You're talking about the access axe... it swings like a blunt weapon actually. It might be an inventory typo, since it and the pry knife seem to be the only non-heavy weapons in the set.

Cejao likes this.
  3. I'm lovin these monthly challenges!

RobertH5996 and Undead Lori like this.
  4. SubApathy

SubApathy Starting Off

5. spacemousetw

spacemousetw Famous

That very small knife…It's a…pretty damn badass edged weapon if you use it you'll know why.

6. RobertH5996

RobertH5996 Got Your Back

Wait....isn't the access axe new to the august challenge? How did you get a while ago?

7. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

PC. The code has been in the files since YOSE was released. Those of us who mod have had access to all the fun stuff for months.

As an update: it appears that the problem lies in the animation that gets called and that is hidden in the SmallTalk files which we can not edit. :(

8. CharlieChainsaw

CharlieChainsaw Here To Help

Nice!! I can't wait to burn some zombies! I have to admit.... I'm feeling slightly guilty because I've been cheating on SOD with Arkham Knight the last month. I will make it up to you this month, baby. I swear.

Undead Nicole likes this.
  9. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

@Undead Brant - Psst! Please note ^

Undead Lori likes this.
  10. Undead Brant

Undead Brant Developer Staff Member

sending to QA!

11. This achievement un-locks for story too?

12. Undead Brant

Undead Brant Developer Staff Member

Yes, it should

13. spacemousetw

spacemousetw Famous

You mean like this?

14. firefighter1137

firefighter1137 Starting Off

Whohooo. I havnt had the chance to play for awhile but im surely gonna find time now!! Halligan bar here I come!!!!

Rock33B likes this.
  15. It would be aswome if you added some new bases and combianed lifeline with breakdown. And i would Love a bigger map becuse you loot everything in like 7 days.

16. Anyone else having problems with this challenge unlocking?
    I've fried more than enough zombies but the counter keeps resetting. Sometimes it goes all the way up to 10%, then next time I look it's back to zero.
    Please help, I'd be gutted not to get my axe :(

17. Ok, so is there some way I need to initiate this challenge, or what? I've killed about 130 zeds by fire in the last 3 hours, and nothing about finishing this challenge. Is it broken for PC's, or like I said, do I have to initiate it some how.

18. COUNTER? You have a counter? Ok could somebody please fill me in on how to do this cause I'm tired of wasting my mollys on this so called challenge.

19. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

First post:
    'Tis not a PC challenge. We do, however, have access to the rewards since they're already in the code. Simply need to mod it or find a mod that includes the items.

20. CoreWorld

CoreWorld Got Your Back

How do you unlock this challenge? I tried every method of fire weapons. Firebombs, Thermite, Petrol Bombs, Chemical Incendiary's, and so on. The challenge keeps resetting. I get 2% done then I get 4% done then I check again and I have 0% done. The highest I got was 8% before it reset's again to 2%. I know I have killed over 200 Zed's with fire weapons and still no progress. I turn off my Xbox one and it resets the challenge back to zero.