August Challenge: Hot Days

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Nicole, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Have you tried Molotov cocktails?

2. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

(Petrol Bomb)

3. Undead Nicole

If your Xbox is resetting after a restart, this is something that you'll have to contact Xbox Support for. :( The Petrol bombs should work. Please do let me know if they help you out with the issue. :)

4. Ahh, I get it. PC's Left out in the cold again. Should know better than to get excited for fun stuff. :(

5. Dutchdynomite

Dutchdynomite Here To Help

I don't want to hear any of that. All you PC elitists get to MOD your game to get way more fun stuff than us Xbox users. Work with YojimBeau and some of the other wonderfully talented modders, and they can help you get everything you could want. You can even get the school backpack before we can UNLOCK it next month. There are other coming after that, like the piggy tow truck, etc. I wish I was able to do some of the mods that change the style and visuals of the game. Alas I have an Xbox.

Just saying I don't feel bad for any of you PC users. You are probably the first I have heard say that XBox users have some sort of advantage. :p

6. Undead Brant

Undead Brant Developer Staff Member

While it's true that the monthly challenges are for XB1 players, like Dutch said above, the content is in the code.

7. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

What he said ^. Screenshot from 6/6/15:
    upload_2015-8-10_17-38-53.jpeg

8. CoreWorld

CoreWorld Got Your Back

I finally unlocked the challenge. Thank you for telling me to just use the Petrol bombs:), I guess using the other fire weapons just keep's resetting the counter. Did not know that it took a certain kind of fire weapon to unlock ito_O.

9. Undead Nicole

I think that flame fougasse would have worked as well. :)

10. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

I was going to say— the 'red fire' (petrol bombs, whisky bottles, fougasse) and the 'green fire' (chemical incendiaries) may get tallied separately. I know that sounds rather Zelda but it could explain at least part of what's happening. Still, it shouldn't be resetting the counter. Hell, they might all be tallied separately and just weren't properly grouped for this challenge. That definitely sounds like a bug to me.

CoreWorld likes this.
  11. Dutchdynomite

Zelda... Loved the old games. Miss them.

12. Sapper Jay 12B

Sapper Jay 12B Here To Help

Love these monthly challenges. Thanks UL.

Undead Lori, Cejao and Undead Nicole like this.
  13. Undead Nicole

You're welcome. :)

14. osamaclees

osamaclees Here To Help

ok so its late enough into the challenge now that everyone should have it.................
    It seems outpost traps destroying hordes counts towards "Fire" challenges.
    I unlocked this without using a single fire implement, within minutes of loading up game after challenge went live.
    Also in breakdown I unlocked Becca without using a single fire item, I actually watched the counter some with her and noticed it going up every so often.

15. Dutchdynomite

I didn't notice the same thing. But I guess I didn't specifically check to see if the outposts was helping. But it took me a while because I didn't start right on it, and I didn't get the achievement until I started contributing to the tally.

16. Cejao

Cejao Famous

New Monthly Challenge Tomorrow. What are the rewards?

Sapper Jay 12B likes this.
  17. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

I believe it's the back-to-school backpack.
    It's a lovely low-slung backpack like Gurubani's, but with a colorful print on it.

XzerothreeX, Sapper Jay 12B and Cejao like this.
  18. Undead Nicole

I'm working on getting the next challenge details now, so we can make a post. AS soon as I have them, you will be so in the know!

19. ronindanbo

ronindanbo Got Your Back

Piggy is keen *Oink

Undead Lori likes this.
  20. CoreWorld

CoreWorld Got Your Back

I just got the back to school backpack, it's cool looking. I just hope I get the medicine drop challenge. Three Million Freak kill's is a tall order to make, I hope everyone chips in. I did not get the ammo drop last time because I came into the game late in the month, not this time.

ronindanbo likes this.