Big Wonkin' Community Summit Thread

Discussion in 'News From the Lab' started by Undead Nicole, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I don't mind. :) Now if we were talking about horrible food, then okay maybe. :)

2. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

There is no such thing as horrible food, only food that hasn't been made right yet!

3. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Brussels Sprouts fall into the category of horrible food. Also, maybe Kimchi. o_O

4. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Ack! My wife loves brussel sprouts, even when I note they smell a great deal like flatulence. Also loves beets, as well broccoli. All instantly fatal if ingested, in my opinion.

5. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

You've never sautéed them with bacon, hmmm?

[​IMG]

Even better when you add a few leeks to the mix.

6. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

No amount of bacon will help that foul weed.

7. CaptainAssassin

Oh ye of little faith...

[​IMG]

Bob Crees, spacemousetw, Vers and 4 others like this.
  8. I'm part of the Rebel Scum in this Empire infested land...that doesn't like the taste of bacon. :p

9. CaptainAssassin

[​IMG]

10. More for us! :p

11. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Sorry to interrupt your meal guys/girls, you can count me off your menu list by the way, because i do not (ever/never) eat bacon! Being a Muslim is the reason why.
    i just want to thank @QuarantineRoad for his wonderful post and emotions description! I had much fun reading him as i did with the other Ambassadors before him!! You just make everyone of us wish we were there!! I'm just so happy you all enjoyed the trip ,-)

Bob Crees and QuarantineRoad like this.
  13. SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy Famous

Whatchu talkin bout Willis? Brussels Sprouts are awesome.....as long as you don't breathe in while they're on their way into your mouth, at least.

14. spacemousetw

spacemousetw Famous

Kimchi…I don't like tradtional ones,but new Kimchi I just tasted recently is very good. They call them golden kimchi. It tasted very fresh and healthy. I think they always figure out how to improve life and food,right? If you want have good expeience of kimchi, please don't buy can style made from factory, that always taste horrible like @Undead Nicole said.

Bob Crees likes this.
  15. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Kimchi - Had to Google it as I had never heard of it. If what I found on Wikipedia is right, I think I will stick with the Sprouts. At least you know what you will get with these little 'Green Balls from hell' (As my Daughter used to call them).

rebel36, XzerothreeX and spacemousetw like this.
  16. spacemousetw

spacemousetw Famous

People in west south China fry very big spiders to eat. I think it pretty horrible even they made right.:confused:

17. rebel36

rebel36 Famous

:eek:I think I'll stick with bacon!

18. spacemousetw

spacemousetw Famous

Compaire with spiders, yes, I stick with bacon,too.:cool:

But I checked that place, there're many bugs and snakes there, I heard that they eat that spider for heal many kind of poison included snakes bite. So, maybe someday you been there(heard that place very beautiful) and get some poison, can't find modern hospital, guess you might taste the horrible medicin,right?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    Bob Crees, rebel36 and XzerothreeX like this.
  19. Dutchdynomite

Dutchdynomite Here To Help

Stir-fry made with Kimchi, or Kimchi soup when you are sick, is the best. But I don't buy the mass-produced kind. I know someone who has Korean family members. His mother-in-law makes some that is great.

And I feel sorry for all you blasphemers, but brussel sprouts are delicious no matter how you cook them. Browned in oil with salt and pepper, fried with bacon, or steamed with some Mrs. Dash, it's all good!

And I'm curious why everyone is pluralizing Brussel when they are typing Brussels Sprouts. I'm not sure that is correct. But maybe I am just an ignorant American and have some how bastardized the name like many others.

20. SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy Famous

Being American has nothing to do with it. But yeah it's Brussels Sprouts, grab a Dictionary.

Bob Crees and XzerothreeX like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.