Breakdown First Playthrough

Discussion in 'State of Decay Guides' started by Marcus Hawkes, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First post, and first breakdown playthrough. Longtime player. Currently on level 5. I have a pretty good grasp of what's going on/what to expect. The next 6 l'm taking on the RV. Marcus, Alicia Hawkes, "The Fighter", Doc Hansen, Milos "The Ninja, and "Sasquatch" the operator. I know their special abilities are more important than their character. The only two that l haven't set a skill for is Marcus and Eldridge, and plan to give Eldridge Marathon Runner. I should have given it to the fighter, instead of combat endurance. As l said, at level 5, and l have 60 machined suppressors (been getting suppressed weapon drops, sometimes 2 per round), at the end of the round, I breakdown and gather all the ammo that l use (9mm, 40 cal, 7.62, and 5.56), and meds packs at the fairgrounds, dump weapons/nades that l don't need into enclave lockers, then clean out my locker. That's my biggest question. I just started really cleaning last round. Obviously destroy all 2x4, broken/rusty pipes, l'm working on all the blunt weapons l don't use. They're all "rugged" 4 blocks, but l don't use them, l spend all my leftover influence doing this. My real question is, ldk how, but l ended up with 100+ petrol bombs that ion use. Are there later levels when l'm gonna need them, or is it a preference? I run with plenty snacks and plan on using whistling box mines once cars really get scarce. If l never use petrol bombs on level 5, am l definitely gonna be forced to use them in levels 10+ or are they taking up space in my locker? Thinking about gun dumping, too. Down to like 2 pistols, my 5 or 6, 64 round smgs that l get from drops, and a couple assault rifles. l have 20 total atm, but never use the hunting rifles. Btw, l have Job wilkerprick in the library grinding research atm, and plan on leaving him after this round. It didn't occur to me until this round, but before l leave, when l'm doing locker cleaning, l'm gonna sell off the possessions of the people l'm leaving off the rv for influence to help clean out all those damn pry bars, tire irons, and wrenches my dumb self stocked early on. I know l'm asking a lot. I have a decent grasp on what's going on, and what's gonna happen, just not sure on locker capacity, and what l need to ditch/keep? And what items that are useless now, will be crucial later.

Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  2. Sailorwolf

Sailorwolf Famous

I just keep the weapons and guns I like to use, that and a few blunt weapons for training weapons skill. Petrol bombs are good for hordes and infestations and doesn't draw hordes of zeds like a pipe bomb does at the higher levels

Oh and welcome to the forums

Kid Kayole and Bob Crees like this.
  4. Thank you sir. I'm hoarding/creating ammo and suppressors. Just realized l've been destroying tire irons and such, when l should load up and take them to an enclave to "trade" don't get the influence back totally but with this technique, along with taking or trading the people l'm leaving behind each round, my locker will be in good shape. I'll keep around 75 petrol bombs then. Just not sure at what point your locker fills up, and only want useful stuff in there. I got a heck of a strategy for purging my locker, now. Should be lean and mean, by the time l load the RV this time..after Job Dickerson finishes dicking around on that research..lol Thanks again

Bob Crees likes this.
  5. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

6. Sailorwolf

Sailorwolf Famous

Your welcome. :)

Bob Crees likes this.
  7. Thank you, sir. Glad to be with like minded folk.

Bob Crees likes this.
  8. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

I hope you will join the new Forums when this place goes Read Only -

Many of us have already joined the Alamo, where people who care about SoD are hanging out.

https://www.draakdorei.com/forums

Kid Kayole likes this.
  9. Kid Kayole

Kid Kayole Here To Help

A full stack is 255 iirc so you may as well keep that many - takes up the same amount of space in the locker as 75 would ;)

Marcus Hawkes and Bob Crees like this.
  10. Good point. I didn't realize the specifics. Just reading up on this. So, basically, you're limited to slots, not a total quantity. So you have room for a certain number of items(stacks). Anybody know the stack limit?

Bob Crees likes this.
  11. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

The stack limit for some items, including Ammo is 255.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.