Can We Get A Barbed-Wire Wrapped Baseball Bat In SOD2?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Artificial_Soul, Nov 15, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

40.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  3. Definitely Yes

20.0%
  1. Artificial_Soul

Artificial_Soul Starting Off

Okay, lets all agree that a barbed-wire wrapped baseball bat is possibly one of the coolest blunt weapons ever. I do believe that would make an amazing addition to the blunt weapons, it would also satisfy all those Negan (TWD) wanna-be's, If you guys haven't done so already, can add this when you get a chance please? You guys are doing great work, i absolutely love what you guys are doing and SOD2 is gonna be one of the best game of 2018. I'm definitely going to pre-order this game. But yeah, just a suggestion, it would be really cool if you guys could add this.

Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  2. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Cejao likes this.
  3. Artificial_Soul

Awesome! Thanks, i'm completely new to this forum, so i really don't know were to post this stuff.

4. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I was the same and still forget to post in the right area:)

Cejao likes this.
  5. Artificial_Soul

How long have you been on this forum, when did you start?

6. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I am into my third year - joined 7th March 2014:)

Cejao likes this.
  7. Artificial_Soul

That's crazy! Three years? Dang. So how does this community (on the forums anyway) work? You've been here for three years, you must know how this works after all this time.

Bob Crees likes this.
  8. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I do post a lot, but do not make many Threads. - These Forums are a good place to be and has a great community, so its kind of like a 'second' home:) Or a Great 'Home Base':)

9. Artificial_Soul

I see. So, i'm also new to this game franchise, couple months. I play a lot of survival games, i.e 7 Days To Die, Ark, Day Z etc etc, and i absolutely love the ones that are more on the realistic side. So when i heard about SOD2 i was pumped, it sounded what I've been looking for; a realistic zombies survival game.

Bob Crees likes this.
  10. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Have you played the original SoD, Breakdown and Lifeline?

11. Artificial_Soul

No, unfortunately i have not. I probably should though. Anyway, i'm gonna go catch up on TWD, ill be back on tomorrow.

Bob Crees likes this.
  12. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Yes you should play the original game(s) as it will give you an idea. I suggest getting YOSE as you get all 3 games.

13. zechs

zechs Here To Help

Why just a barbed wire wrapped bat? Why not a nail bat or a bike chain wrapped bat? Razor wire wrapped bat?

Edit: Chainsaw chain wrapped bat! Ooohhh.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Bob Crees likes this.
  14. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

On this subject -

German Trench Club

[​IMG]

Or Allied Trench Club

[​IMG]

The above being just 2 examples of what was used.

15. FreedomFighter

FreedomFighter Here To Help

Yea, barbed is a bad idea to club zeds since your wire could get stuck on them. Nail bat is better if the nail long enough to penetrate and hit their brain.

Bob Crees likes this.
  16. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Nails have more chance of getting stuck than barbed wire.

17. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

Gonna disagree, Bob. Many smaller spikes have more surface area, thus generate more friction when attempting to remove. Plus they can also bend on impact vs the larger, sturdier gauge of a thick nail. If the nail-bat does get stuck, the mails are sturdy enough that you can use leverage (crank that bad boy hard to the side/up/down/whatever) which will cause the skull to fracture more and widen nail hole so you can remove it.

Bob Crees likes this.
  18. I'd like to see the barbed-wire wrapped bat in the game as long as we have to find the parts and the right tools to customize our own weapons.

Bob Crees likes this.
  19. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

If you look at the standard barbed wire used today, the spikes are only about 1/2" long if that. Yes a base ball bat wrapped in barbed wire is a fearsome weapon, if you have the conception of fear. We know that Zeds do not fear anything, so it is all about the damage done. I seriously doubt whether the barbs on a barbed wire base ball bat, would indeed pierce the skull. Even if they did, it would be limited penetration when compared to 4"'s of nail (Based on a 6" nail knocked into a base ball bat)

20. Artificial_Soul

I have created one helluva discussion. I know it wouldn’t do much against Zeds, BUT it would be better then a regular baseball bat, plus it’s 10x cooler, sooo... I don’t know, it’s just variaety to make the game feel more well... varied. Yeah, add spiked clubs and chain wrapped ones as well, different upgrades to the baseball bat, but I mean come on, (Aside from Glenn and Abe) who doesn’t love a barbed-wire wrapped baseball bat? I personally think it would be amazing, sure it’s not the best weapon and it might get stuck in a Zed’s head but at the end the day it feels so satisfying to bash a Zed’s head in and pretend your Negan from TWD.

Bob Crees likes this.