Can't get mercy shot

Discussion in 'State of Decay Guides' started by SonicSonedit, Jun 3, 2017.

1. SonicSonedit

SonicSonedit Starting Off

About 50% of my people are gravely ill, still no mercy shot option on anyone. Just wtf?

No medbay.

Doomen Gloom likes this.
  2. zechs

zechs Here To Help

Mercy Shot happens when those who are gravely ill leave base often and who aren't friends. Cannot mercy kill a friend.

Notice someone is gravely ill, who isn't a friend and who frequently is away from base, radio in and check their location. Once you find them, they poof back home. That is the best chance for a mercy kill.

Doesn't always go that way but it can.

3. Erudain

Erudain Here To Help

survivor can't be a friend for it to trigger, best way to get it is, no med bay, low medicine and avoid using characters with leadership, they build friendship fast, then when an enclave or random survivors ask to join you, run over a bunch of bloaters. If one of them is not yet in friend status, he will get sick and give you the mission eventually.

4. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

You can do this easily with a burner account.

Start a new game on a new profile.
    No Meds, no medical facilities.
    Recruit the first group of survivors and the first enclave you meet. That'll give you about four people that aren't friends.
    Find a bloater and run through it, then return to base.
    Keep trust low with your non-friends. Shoot 'em, throw firebombs at them, whatever, just keep trust low.
    Sickness will spread and eventually, one of these guys will pop with the mercy shot mission.

Just make sure they're not friends and that you get down with the sickness.

5. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

Took me a month of trying before it popped. Just do the above & it'll appear eventually

6. Del44ZSlayer

Del44ZSlayer Here To Help

Iv never had the mercy shot mission ping either, even when non friends are gravely ill a good while. It's very hard to keep trust low as u have to continue playing in the meantime, and everytime i scavenge and return with items and rucks, the trust goes back up. It's harder still to keep everything so low, and still try survive in the meantime. I found by keeping all individual meds I find for my current character, if I keep them in a vehicle and out of the locker, I can maintain my health somewhat, without the trust and health of my group being raised. Good luck with it though, alot of people agree this mercy shot mission is the hardest of all to unlock. Is it Alan Gunderson this mission unlocks, I forget?

Bob Crees and Doomen Gloom like this.
  7. tobu24

tobu24 Got Your Back

I get two Mercy shots a game, but my game is modded. The original conditions for getting one are exorbitant.

8. Erudain

Erudain Here To Help

yeah if on PC try using a mod, QMJS mod allows friends to get sick and mercy shot IIRC.
    You will have to start a new level or game after getting the achivement if you don't want to play a modded game though.

9. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

In addition to no meds or medical facility, try keeping everyone weak from hunger (don't collect food resources, and don't have food outposts). I'm not 100% sure it affected the outcome, but my Mercy Shot triggered after about an hour.

10. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

I have never had an issue getting mercy shot. I think the reason is I often start over with a new batch of survivors to make it more challenging, at level 30 with a new bunch of survivors you always have needs, my last one I even had a medical facility almost everyone was sick or injured.

Del44ZSlayer and Bob Crees like this.
  11. SonicSonedit

SonicSonedit Starting Off

Got it after I purposely infected 70% of my crew and demolished all of the buildings and made worse possible morale; etc. Also ran out of meds. It was hard to run out of 200 meds stockpile. Got it on friend btw.

Del44ZSlayer and Bob Crees like this.
  12. Terrafutan

Terrafutan Got Your Back

500 hours in and I still can't force it. Given up in the hope that it will pop while I move from BD20 - 99

Bob Crees and Del44ZSlayer like this.
  13. Del44ZSlayer

Del44ZSlayer Here To Help

And i cant STOP getting the dam .mercy shot missions? Since i bought my new Xbox one, and reinstalled my YOSE, iv had lots, even with a FULLY upgraded med lab? Long gone are the days of trying new starts with no food, infirmary etc to try get the mercy shot! Im dreading the next one as my 6 people are my crew, all trained, and we're on level 38 atm! I found a few posts where people who recently reinstalled the game, for some reason get them alot? I only wanted to do it to tick it off so to speak, as Alan Gunderson was one trouble causer, constant discord and morale drops! Left his moody ass behind first chance i got :D

Bob Crees likes this.
  14. MrsFish

MrsFish Here To Help

No base medicine + no infirmary + sick non-friend + time for the sick to get worse. That's the combination. The people who struggle to unlock this tend to be missing one of those components.

--If they are a friend, they won't get the mercy shot (I hear the one exception is your starting character). It's important to remember if you just recruited an enclave, they're all friends. When you bring back 2 that Lily found via the radio, 1 will be a friend, and 1 a non-friend. Doing missions, bringing in rucksacks, etc. raise their trust in you, especially if you use someone with the leadership trait. So if you aren't careful, a sick non-friend could earn trust if you're bringing in resources or doing other helpful stuff.

--If you have medical resources at the base, the sick have a chance to recover. If you are on a Breakdown level other than 1, you probably started the level with 10 medical resources. If you do missions to help neighboring enclaves, sometimes they give you 5 medical resources. If you let the simulation run, sometimes survivors will bring in medical resources. Make sure it says you have 0 medical resources!

--If you have an infirmary, they have a greater chance to recover.

The two big issues I see with people struggling to unlock this achievement are base resources & friends/non-friends. This is why it's easiest to unlock this on level 1: you start with 0 medical resources and already have a couple non-friends at the base (and then Lily finds 2 to join, and 1 of them won't have trust). If you are moving on to future Breakdown levels, you probably are starting with 10 medical resources, and you probably only have friends in your group--and again, if you recruit an enclave, they are joining as friends. Only by having Lily find 2 via the radio can you have a non-friend join that this point. It's much harder to unlock this achievement in later levels because you're probably trying to keep everyone else alive.