Costume Contest!

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

Okay, y'all, here are the guidelines for the 2013 Breakdown Costume Contest.

- You need to post a photo in this thread by 11:59 PM, your time zone, on Halloween - October 31st. (For those of you new to my contests, what this means in practice is that you need to have it posted to the thread before I get to work on November 1st.)

- If you are planning to participate in our Twitch live stream on Halloween, you must have your photo posted by 11:00 AM PDT/2:00 PM EDT/7:00 PM London/20:00 CEST, along with your Twitch handle. (You must be present in the chat during the stream to win: http://www.twitch.tv/xboxlivearcade) I guarantee that three of the Breakdown codes given away during the stream will be reserved for costume contest entrants.

- Your costume must be somehow related to Breakdown. Dress as one of the Heroes (check out the video where Geoffrey walks us all through the choices: http://www.twitch.tv/microsoftstudios/b/472522872). Dress as a zombie. Photograph yourself in front of an RV with your go bag and favorite (legal) weapon. Really, as long as you make the most half-hearted effort at relating your costume to Breakdown, it'll count.

- Pictures will be reposted to Facebook.

- Three winners from the thread will be chosen at random with good ol' Random.org as the judge to get a code for Breakdown.

- Five winners will be chosen via public voting. A group of us from Undead Labs will choose our favorites (and we'll consider Facebook likes), and throw it open to public voting here on the forum on Monday, November 4. Top five vote getters at the time I arrive at work on Friday, November 8 win Breakdown codes.

Okay! You know what they say: Pics or it didn't happen!

2. This is going to be good.

3. King of AR

King of AR Got Your Back

so you're giving away a total of 8 codes ? and I take it that those who have won contests before will not be eligible ?also on an unrelated note have you guys gotten paid yet ?

4. Heh.. well, I was doing a zombie makeup anyways for my stream that night so........ game on.

5. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

It looks like 11 codes will be given away in regards to the costume contest. :)

3 on the twitch
    3 from Random.org
    5 from user voting.

:)

6. Frogbeast1029

Frogbeast1029 Got Your Back

This is just a question because i cant mail it to you because your inbox is full. How are we doing on Sandbox Mode/Breakdown? Will we get it by Halloween? Thanks! And also just to clear stuff up is it possible that there will be new vehicles

7. Abhor Deities

Abhor Deities Got Your Back

Yeah buddy. Too bad I can't make the stream :mad:

Best of luck to all the entrants :)

8. Alan Gunderson

Alan Gunderson Here To Help

Is it okay if I just wear a condom as my costume?

Like, instead of actual clothes, just a condom?

The people on the off topic thread seemed to be okay with it...

9. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

Dressing up like Pastor Will...With a knife..Just kidding..I'm not dressing up for Halloween.

Good luck to all the entrants!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  10. iceman2050

iceman2050 Starting Off

Pricless!!!

11. Windkayak

Windkayak Starting Off

job wilkerson.jpg

Job Wilkerson,Twitch:Windkayak

12. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

I would love to dress up but I cannot afford all the stuff.

Anyone who dresses up as Maya will get cake from me!

13. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

People who have already won codes can't win another code, but they can participate for honor and glory.

If you want your junk on Facebook?

Dude, you can't shred some old clothes, pour ketchup on them, and slap on some makeup? Hell, I deliberately said the Heroes count because they're mostly normal people and you could choose the one closest to you. I mean, you won't win the voter's choice with that, but you can at least join the fun.

Edit to add: Windkayak just did something insanely cool at the top of the page, and I'll bet it didn't cost anything :D

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  14. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

You would be surprised Sanya. My budget is very, very tight and I really do not look good on camera.

15. Hendo003

Hendo003 Here To Help

See there you go, liamypoo you can do zombie.

16. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

I feel like a zombie today.

17. therhino

therhino Here To Help

How about YOU dress up as Maya.

18. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

Is that a challenge Rhino?

19. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

I have an idea...That will blow everyone away...It involves a cage...

20. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

I am intrigued now E5.