Costume Contest!

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Oct 28, 2013.

1. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

I have been there Fraser. It sucks.

2. Wait so they still haven't picked on whos going to be in the polls? As Whisper said... The Suspense is killing me! >.<

3. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  4. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

Look at the Poll thread Captain. Whisper brought it up.

5. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

I didn't want to announce this BEFORE the voting, because a) I wasn't sure if I could, and b) I didn't want people to think their votes didn't count.

But Captain and Mike have both won SoD swag, as the official winners of the Community Choice.

Not codes?

They win codes, yes...because everyone who entered won a code. Y'all need to email me to say whether you want a code for Steam or XBLA :)

6. Hi Sanya, your box is full :-/

7. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

You need to email her. sanyaATundeadlabsDOTcom Her inbox fills up as soon as she empties it, here on the forums. :p

8. sinzindetta

sinzindetta Starting Off

My vote for winner goes to anyone who dresses like a Undead Labs developer and tries to go into their office and help them finish the Breakdown DLC.

9. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

Patience, my young padawan.

10. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

[​IMG]

11. WhisperFire26

WhisperFire26 Here To Help

Actually when Capt.C.Baker mentioned something about stepping down this morning, I wanted to know why so I looked at the entries again and something just simply didn't seem right; a gut feeling. So I did a Google search for the name on the pict and felt that I needed to say something about my findings.

It's no secret that everyone was going to get codes for participating and I honestly didn't want to cause an uproar here, sorry.

Honestly, I wonder if the rules were more specific that something like this could be prevented but on the other hand, that could discourage people from entering which meant that everyone (UD, participants, and voters) was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Again, I'm sorry if I upset anyone. I just felt that point this out was the right thing to do.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  12. Wait whats going on?

13. WhisperFire26

There was a POST this morning and something simply didn't seem right so after a quick Google search, something interesting came up and it caused quite a stir. Long story short: The original votes will be kept and the two tied for first place will have codes plus swag and the rest of us will simply get codes. Don't worry. The situation is resolved now. All we gotta do is to sit back and wait until they issue them to the participants of the costume contest.

14. Wow so Mike posted a phony pic and still gets to keep his prizes?

15. FTcivic

FTcivic Here To Help

I don't get why this is a big deal.

Intentions do count too? Or, not everyone would have been given a code.

I congratulate everyone.

Awesome picks. Really. No need to bash heads.

16. WhisperFire26

Not my decision. Nothing was stated in the rules about it and if you really want to be technical, that image is copyrighted to him so it is legally his since he's a professional photographer.

17. I see. I guess that's somewhat fair.

18. WhisperFire26

Meh, live and learn and I think that the final decision made about this matter was a very wise one.

19. FTcivic

FTcivic Here To Help

Yea. It was a very political decision.

20. WhisperFire26

I wouldn't dismiss it as such. Because there were so many ties, there were already 9 out of 10 winners and the random.org selection would have automatically taken care of the last guy. This observation was simply made after the fact.