Countries So Far

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Apr 25, 2013.

1. EreWeGo

EreWeGo Got Your Back

Yeah, I'm getting very close to making that choice too - although I'll probably wait it out a little longer - I really hope the ACB certify the game this week...shit, even a definitive answer would be better than nothing - if they were to say "we'll have a decision at the very latest within 14 days" or something, at least we could make an informed decision...

2. The guys classifying the game are probably too deep in zombies to rate the game. Like 30 hours in and they've only completed half the missions or some shit. lol. At this rate TWD 400 days could be released before this which I see the Australian classification board has rated. Probably because they finished it in a like 3 hours and were able to stamp it and send it on its way. Logical thinking, right?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  3. It's true that The Walking Dead: 400 days was reviewed and rated (MA15+), however it says the version reviewed was modified. Could this mean that after a 3 week wait that us Aussies won't be getting the true original version of state of decay. But some crappy modified release.

4. Sounds like a job with the Australian government censorship board would be a dream job...get paid to do shit all with my head up my ass all day......-_-

5. The AU SoD release won't be changed any, UL have stated this many times. I think it'll just get an R18+ tag. We have that now, y'know.

6. Thanks mate, well aware of our R18+ classification. So if our review board ain't willing to give it classification the way it stands and UL won't change their game where will that leave us do you think? I was just surprised that given the fact we now have this new classification why are games still being modified to make it here.

7. That's wierd, Saints Row IV is turning up as being certified on the 19th. I don't remember seeing it there previously....

8. EreWeGo

EreWeGo Got Your Back

hmmm, me either - sure I would've remembered seeing that.
    *sigh* waiting, waiting..

9. You know whats weirder? League of Legends only got their certification 2013-06-13. WTFACBBBQ?!

10. Saints Row IV has been refused classification in Australia. We wont be seeing it in stores. First game to actually be refused even with our R18+.

11. EreWeGo

EreWeGo Got Your Back

Really?! Even with the R18+ rating? wtf is up with the ACB?

12. The ACB's opinion is that it contains interactive, visual depictions of implied sexual violence. Which they consider not justified by context.

13. Patrick

Patrick Starting Off

World-Wide Baby, World WIDE

14. Refused classification even with our R18+. State of decay ain't coming to Australia.

15. im sure they will the only reason it wasnt passed was due to drug references, there were a few illicit drugs labeled check the post

http://forums.undeadlabs.com/showthread.php?26404-Update-on-Australian-release

from what i understand their going to change the drug names around a bit and then it should be all good....hopefully

16. Basically you are waiting for the Film Publications Board to give the game a certification. However the FPB has not been al that up to speed with The Internets (Interwebs - which ever you prefer) and they stated that they will change the process to a peer review system where game companies give an appropriate Age Rating and should the rating be too low, penalties and fines can then be dished out. This was suppose to resolve the issue of having almost no content in the ZA Marketplace. However, this was to be implemented in February and 'till date, no such system has been implemented.

It's not Xbox South Africa who are the bad guys, it's the FPB. I got so frustrated with everything that I migrated to a UK account. Very happy ever since.

17. And so the FPB buerocrisy continues...
    It doesn't even help if you complain to their Twitter and Email handles.

18. Holy Crap.
    ACB have refused to classify "State of Decay"!!!!!!!

STATE OF DECAY(Multi Platform)

Classification RC
    Reason: Games 1(a)
    The computer game is classified RC in accordance with the National Classification Code, Computer Games Table, 1. (a) as computer games that "depict, express or otherwise deal with matters of sex, drug misuse or addiction, crime, cruelty, violence or revolting or abhorrent phenomena in such a way that they offend against the standards of morality, decency and propriety generally accepted by reasonable adults to the extent that they should not be classified."
    Consumer Advice
    Category Computer Games
    Version ORIGINAL
    Duration
    Date of Classification 26 June 2013
    Author UNDEAD LABS
    Publisher MICROSOFT
    Production Company NOT SHOWN
    Country of Origin USA
    Applicant MICROSOFT PTY LTD
    File Number T13/1607
    Classification Number 258092

19. fireboy97

fireboy97 Starting Off

South Africa is taking forever.

20. In this case, Australia is almost in the clear. The problem was drug misuse or addiction.. AKA: Trucker Pills (speed) and Amphetamines (stamina boost). Plus various uppers, downers, laughers & cryers.