Custom Map/DLC Idea

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Lord Vengeance, Nov 9, 2017.

?
  1. No, 700 hours on one map is fine.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Yes, give me infinite zombie bashing playgrounds.

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. I've looked around a bit and haven't seen much info on custom maps. What I would like to see more than anything in SoD2 would be some kind of map editor. Just imagine the fun and replayability you would have if you could play this game on custom maps! One of the biggest drawbacks of SoD for me was that there was only 2 maps total, especially in Breakdown (even though I still put in over 700 hours).

You could have the regular story mode, and then implement this with another Breakdown type DLC. Have a basic Breakdown map, with the ability to add in custom maps to the queue. I.E. start Breakdown on the basic map and then when you left in the RV, go to the next level of Breakdown on a custom map, and then cycle through however many custom maps you had installed.

Just imagine the endless possibilities of user created maps in this game. It would extend the game's life for a long, long time.

Anyway, just let me know what you think and point me towards any confirmed info (if any) on custom maps or a map editor. Thanks.

Bob Crees likes this.
  2. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Moved to Polls so the poll would work. :)

Bob Crees likes this.
  3. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

I went with the first option. But it's 700 hours on three maps... not one.

Bob Crees and Fabian907 like this.
  4. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Ah, custom maps wouldn't be too "State of Decay Lore Friendly" as Oxhorm would say on YT

Bob Crees likes this.
  5. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Lord Vengeance likes this.
  6. @Bob Crees
    Thanks. :) Been playing SoD for quite a while, but this is the first time I've actually posted here.

Okay, but with custom maps, it could be 700 hours on three hundred maps. :p

I'm not sure what you mean. I'm talking custom maps in a Breakdown type mode, so there really wouldn't be any story, just the basic map to sandbox on. Adding random locations wouldn't really have any effect on lore, would it?

Bob Crees likes this.
  7. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

...along with exponentially more bugs.

Bob Crees and Fabian907 like this.
  8. You mean as in buggy maps or more bugs added to the actual game? I would think it could be implemented without adding a lot of bugs to the base game. As for buggy maps, it would all depend on the map maker. I'm sure there are modders/map makers that would come out with some quality maps. And if you didn't want the custom maps you wouldn't have to download or use any of them if you didn't want to, you could just play the base game.

There were bugs in SoD, and we dealt with them, because it's an awesome game. If custom maps added a few bugs, I would still see it as a fair trade. I just think being able to create your own little worlds to run around in would bring the game to a whole new level in fun and replayability.

Bob Crees likes this.
  9. Biker Steve

Biker Steve Got Your Back

I think that *semi* custom maps could work. Leaving the roads and waterways intact, but you could decide where buildings and other scavenging areas were placed. I would *love* to see something like that in a Breakdown mode, where buildings were placed randomly. You could see suburbs and downtown areas reversed, and maybe different home bases. It would be almost like a new town. Maybe even have places designated for wrecks to be moved. I had a glitch on one level where the bus wreck near Snyder's was gone. It made driving along that road easier while in place. :D