D&D The Beginning - Game Thread

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Bob Crees, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

As the wagons are turned around the Group can see that there are about 50 men now behind them, but someway off. There are also groups of men to each side.

"Where do you think your going" came a shout from one of the group by the tower, followed by much laughter.

Doomen Gloom likes this.
  2. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

The Bandit Lands
    The men on the side how far away are they?
    Looking for a hill to go around we try to distance our selves (( are they on foot? )) "Tartluffe when you see your opportunity to charge one of the groups let me now we will attack with spells"

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    Bob Crees likes this.
  3. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

All the groups of men are on foot. The 3 new groups slowly make their way towards the Heroes, closing the distance. They are all wearing leather armour, carrying shields and either spears or swords.

"Which group do you want attacking" asked Tartluffe.

Doomen Gloom likes this.
  4. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

The Bandit Lands
    Which way is down wind?
    " I will hit the biggest group as soon as they are with in range with the wall of fire you guys attack upwind, Hoka you attack with your wand where I attack, ready ?" That will leave one group for me next round."

Bob Crees likes this.
  5. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

It was difficult to work out the wind direction.

"All the groups look the same size to me" muttered Ravender.

(( Which Group does Drake wish to attack first North, East, South or West? ))

Doomen Gloom likes this.
  6. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

The Bandit Lands
    "You all strike away from the Citadel" Drake cast ring of fire on the group to the left of us and then starts running in a tight circle back towards the citadel and then to the right the ring of fire Moving with me.

Bob Crees likes this.
  7. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

The Wall of Fire kept 3 of the Groups at bay.

Hoka's wand caused 17 hits.

The others charged the Group to the South 47 hits.

The Southern group of bandits attacked

Ravender took 10 hits
    Julius 5 hits
    Justinian 2 hits.

The Heroes have the next move.

Doomen Gloom likes this.
  8. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

The Bandit Lands
    Drake will sprint towards one of the groups with his boots of speed sweeping the ring of fire over them, and blasting the same group with a wand of fireballs

Bob Crees likes this.
  9. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Drakes Wall of Flame and his Fireball destroyed the one group, but by failing to concentrate on his spell, he is not sure if he can still move it around.

Hoka uses her Fireball Wand on the Western group, which along with the Eastern Group, is approaching quickly. (( Northern Group destroyed ))

The others caused 101 hits.

The Southern group of Bandits kept fighting and all missed.

The Heroes have the next move.

Doomen Gloom likes this.
  10. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Val - Alhaster

"Looks like we may have some company ahead. Let's move up with caution" suggested Val as the group closed with the camp fire and the trees.

Bob Crees likes this.
  11. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

A close inspection of the small campsite showed that no more than 3 people had been sitting around it. Very faint tracks led into the nearest copse of trees.

Doomen Gloom likes this.
  12. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Val - Alhaster

"Let's dismount and see where our campers went" stated Val as he motioned to the clump of trees up ahead. "Gill, Eric and Aire with me" stated Val as he made his way over to the trees roughly following the tracks that lead that way.

Bob Crees likes this.
  13. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

3 Elves stepped out of the trees and started to speak with Aire in Elvish. They all looked a little worse for wear, with water stained and ripped clothing. Two had wounds.

Doomen Gloom likes this.
  14. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Val - Alhaster

"What has happened to your friends Aire?" asked the fighter as he motioned for Jannik to move up to help the wounded.

Bob Crees likes this.
  15. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

The Bandit Lands
    Drake sprinted towards the unmolested group of brigands again trying to maneuver ring of fire over them.

Bob Crees likes this.
  16. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

The wounds were superficial and did not warrant any spells. "A few days rest will see them okay" stated the Cleric.

"I speak the common tongue" stated one of the elves, "In fact we all do" he added. Continuing he said "We were on a boat and it was the singing, we could not get away from it. The boat hit the rocks near here. Several of us managed to get ashore and make it to a town on this island. I guess the likes of us were not welcome and we were attacked. Just the three of us managed to escape and make it back here".

17. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Val - Alhaster

"We have supplies and blankets. Help yourself" Val stated to the elves. Val turned to Aire and Kaltos "Singing. Some kind of creatures that charm with their songs like the harpies we have seen" stated Val as he looked towards the water "a harpy like creature only it lives in the water" grinned Val.

Bob Crees likes this.
  18. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

The bandits were quick to learn and most got out of the way of the fire.

Hoka used her wand again.

The others caused 49 hits.

Two Groups of Bandits now attacked, one from the South and the other from the West (( The Group that Drake was not attacking ))

Tartfluffe took 2 hits
    Ridge took 2 hits
    Saemon took 2 hits.

Doomen Gloom likes this.
  19. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

The Bandit Lands
    Drake sprinted with his boots of speed and changed direction again racing towards another large group of men, and blasting them with a fireball.

Bob Crees likes this.
  20. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

The 3 Elves helped themselves to blankets and offered to share some of the rabbit that they had been cooking, before moving into the trees.

"Not only charm, but pray on ships" mused Kaltos "Mermen maybe" he suggested.