Dayton, Ohio Cell?

Discussion in 'Survivor Cells' started by GTigers55, Apr 10, 2014.

1. GTigers55

GTigers55 Here To Help

I'm moving down to Dayton for college next year at Wright State. Anyone down around there?

2. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

I'll reply to this one just cause the zero replies thing bugs me. I think of Apocalypse Now every time I hear 'Ohio'.

Bob Crees likes this.
  3. GTigers55

GTigers55 Here To Help

Why's that??? We aren't THAT bad...

XzerothreeX likes this.
  4. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

No, not like that, bud. Late in the movie, Marlon Brando has taken Martin Sheen prisoner, and is asking him where he's from. He tells him Ohio, and Brando ask if it was near the river. Anyways, I love that movie. You got a few hours to spare, give it a watch. Sort of a 'descent into madness' feel to it. It helps to remember that just about everyone involved in film, particularly the actors, were on a dangerous amount of drugs. See if you can spot a very young Laurence Fishburne. AKA Morpheus.

Bob Crees likes this.
  5. GTigers55

GTigers55 Here To Help

Misread it originally; I haven't seen it I don't think. I'm home almost all day usually so I'll probably throw it on sometime.

XzerothreeX likes this.
  6. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

You'll either love it or hate it. Slow starter. If you've got an eye for actors, there is a boat load of famous faces throughout film.

7. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Oh, one more thing. Do not watch "Redux" version. They added like an hour and a half of pointless deleted scenes.

8. rebel36

rebel36 Famous

I'm in Dayton. Not from Ohio originally, but lived here for around 20 years or so. It can feel like Ohio is in the middle of an Apocalypse, but it's usually just an election year.

Bob Crees and XzerothreeX like this.
  9. User13

User13 Got Your Back

I grew up in Dayton, but not there any longer.

rebel36 likes this.
  10. Hendo003

Hendo003 Here To Help

I've been gone from the forums for a bit, but I am in Dayton.

rebel36 and Bob Crees like this.
  11. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Welcome Back:)

12. Hendo003

Hendo003 Here To Help

Thank you sir! Happy to be back.

Bob Crees, rebel36 and XzerothreeX like this.