DirectX12 unable to play SoD YOSE :(

Discussion in 'State of Decay Bugs' started by Krythos, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Platform: PC (Steam)

Game: YOSE

Title: I can't run the game due to "CryEngine DX11 Required" error message

Frequency: 100%

Note:
    I actually have DirectX12 installed according to DXDIAG (attached), and have tried installing an older version of DirectX 11 from here (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109). No dice, no zombies :(

Attached Files:

Bob Crees likes this.
  2. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Do you have DX11 installed on your machine as well? If not, install it too. Because you have to have that to play.

Also, try running a file check. DX 11 should be part of the installer package.

Bob Crees likes this.
  3. Holy crap that was QUICK ! :) Thank you :)

The strange thing is I can play State of Decay, non YOSE (Steam too) just fine... o_O

I'm sure I saw DX11 pass by on the screen as I was installing the program. How do I run a File Check to see if DX11 is part of the installer package?

Bob Crees likes this.
  4. Undead Nicole

right click on the game in Steam and click on properties. It's in the local box. Steam File verification or some-such.

Bob Crees likes this.
  5. Undead Nicole

As a side note, you've got some big errors on the bottom of your dxdiag. There's something happening in your system that you should address. (Not sure how to fix them but you should be able to google them.)

Bob Crees likes this.
  6. Thanks Nicole! Is you're talking about State of Decay YOSE > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Files, then I get the message "All files successfully validated". In the meantime I'm trying to fix those "big errors" in DXDIAG, but holy geez it is complicated! Would any of those "big errors" cause me any trouble with SoD YOSE, or is it just a "good to have", and I can simply concentrate on DX11 for now ?

Bob Crees likes this.
  7. Undead Nicole

I wish I could tell you the answer to that Krythos. It's possible that they are. I know enough about computers to be dangerous but not entirely helpful. :D

Okay next step. Reinstall DX11 on your machine.

8. ok, will try reinstalling... wait... do you guys have an "official" source for DX11 that you know works and installs well ?

9. Undead Nicole

I'm afraid I don't. Although I'd go through the Microsoft website if you can.

10. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

The redist that comes with the game should be as official as you need. It's tested prior to packaging to ensure it works. Run from: