Do you think any SoD1 Survivors will be making a return in SoD2?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Rock33B, Sep 23, 2016.

?
  1. SoD1 Main Cast Only

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. SoD1 Main Cast and Lifeline including Sasquatch.

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. SoD1 Main Cast and Lifeline not including Sasquatch.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. All new story with all new cast

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. All new story and cast with a guest appearance by a few originals.

19 vote(s)
    59.4%
  6. I am a robot eggplant and know nothing of SoD1.

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. Rock33B

Rock33B Here To Help

Do you think any of the cast of survivors from State of Decay 1 will make an appearance in State of Decay 2? What about our heroes from Lifeline?

Who do you want to appear in SoD2 from SoD1 and or Lifeline.

Vote and discuss your thoughts here!

2. Rock33B

Rock33B Here To Help

Personally I hope to see a return by the main characters of 1 including the starting trio of lifeline. I'd like to see the Wilkersons and even Sasquatch baby make an appearance too.

Maybe Sasquatch and his brother Milo going after the main group who've linked up with Hawkes and Company.

Wilkersons being up to their usual tricks.

3. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

They will show up in one form or another maybe easter egg, playable characters, or even recognizable zombies....

XzerothreeX and Bob Crees like this.
  4. 23-down

23-down Got Your Back

My guess would be that you wont see them as we get to play new characters all the way. Wasn't it stated that this will once more play in Thrumbull Valley but that we actually leave the valley this time. Could be starting sometime around the moment the Wall has blown up. Eventually you see the SOD1 cast at the end of the story then.

Or how about this. You start and play beyond the wall trying to escape the area by passing through the famous wall where you will meet the SOD1 cast basically the same situation. 1 Group trying to get in. Hoping that things looks better inside. Another group trying to get out hoping the same for the outside world.

What ever it will be I just hope that the majority of SOD2 wont once more play in that Valley. I mean it would be the 3rd release this time around for U-L that they show the exact same thing just polished up and I as customer would certainly feel ripped off. But screenshots such as that cool looking train bridge give hope that it wont be yet another remake.

5. Vanilla

Vanilla Here To Help

If there is a breakdown style mode then yes include original characters.
    But if it's story only i think we should wipe the slate clean. It would be too jarring to see Marcus, Ed , Maya if they died in the previous game. I guess Lilly would be the exception.

So new cast, new story and new region of Trumbull is what i hope to see. Time will tell.

XzerothreeX, Vers, Kid Kayole and 2 others like this.
  6. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I still ask for SoD2 to start at the of the SoD1 game, so at least I would like to see Lily:)

XzerothreeX, Cejao and Rock33B like this.
  7. ErnestK7

ErnestK7 Here To Help

Being that anyone could have died in your SoD1 story profile, It would be weird to see them in your SoD2 profile.
    I mean, they could go the Left for dead 2 route and have the SoD1 main story characters appear as non-playable npcs at a certain point in the game.
    I would really like to know how my survivors got on in the end though.

8. Greyhound501

Greyhound501 Here To Help

Grey wouldn't because half if his party for the wall blowing mission blew themselves up because one of them had a grenade and decided to pull the pin and hold it.....

XzerothreeX, Bob Crees and ErnestK7 like this.
  9. ErnestK7

ErnestK7 Here To Help

In Dead Island 2 they had this thing where it would detect what happened to you in Dead Island 1 profile and import into the game, they could do something like that, seeing which characters survived and which didn't, and putting them into SoD2.

XzerothreeX, MrStrange and Bob Crees like this.
  10. Greyhound501

Greyhound501 Here To Help

Dead island two isn't out yet :p That is riptide you are thinking of and it made sense then because it was mainly a expansion as I understand it. But until we get more story details on SOD2 it might not

11. ErnestK7

ErnestK7 Here To Help

Sorry that's what I meant,the thing is, you get characters that were unplayable, e.g lily,Becca, Quentin Barnes, Mickey Wilkerson, e.t.c, you could have these as the four main "template" characters. So lets say that, Marcus survived in your SoD1 profile, then SoD2 would detect that and replace Mickey with Marcus.
    Lets also say that the game detects Ed survived as well, replacing Becca with Ed, and lets say Maya survived, replacing Quentin with Maya, e.t.c, Im only using these characters as an example, any characters could have survived, e.g. Karen Tolbert.

XzerothreeX, Bob Crees and Vanilla like this.
  12. Vanilla

Vanilla Here To Help

If they could pull this off then yes i agree with you.

You should ask this question in the FAQ thread. Maybe we'll get some clarity on the subject of import game saves if any.

13. ErnestK7

ErnestK7 Here To Help

All it would require would be four main AI's and a few select voices.

14. Brymstone

Brymstone Starting Off

I'd like to see some new faces with the chance to have a few of the original cast of heroes from SOD1 join my group. Sasquatch is one I'd like to see come back but for the love of everything holy boost him up a little. A special forces badass that only has drone strike, c'mon that's simply bogus. Give him nimble or powerhouse for crying out loud. Also, it just would not be SOD without cool shirt dude, so please let him be an available NPC in SOD2, or even make him a hero and have him as a main character with a back story.

15. Tsewe

Tsewe Here To Help

I thought the main characters would be Marcus, Maya, Lily and Sasquatch to name just those, and that others would join them. I thought SoD 2 's story would be about them going further into *SPOILERS* the town we see after they blasted the big wall at the end. But now to think of it, they might just appear as other characters and not be part of the starting story characters.

Anyway, if Lily's there, please give her lots more random lines (about scavenging), or put a dialog option where we can ask her to remain quiet (to be polite).

16. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

I would rather she die between SoD1 and SoD2, finally succumbing to her disease after treatment drugs become far too scarce. Which seems like a more realistic approach. It was sort of implied as inevitable in the first game anyway. Give her a proper send-off in the SoD2 prologue, pass the torch, and move on. Either that, or her death may be part of the SoD2 storyline.

17. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

We need to have Lily at the start of SoD2 if nothing else. Having seen her destroy Hordes at my Home Base, then I would like to see her as part of my 'Starting Group'. Love her or Hate her - Lily is SoD1:)

XzerothreeX and Cejao like this.
  18. Cejao

Cejao Famous

I would only want to see Lily if she was being ripped apart.

19. Brymstone

Brymstone Starting Off

Lily could be part of another enclave but I agree that she should play a part in SOD2, just not part of my group lol. Maybe have Vienna Cho take over the radio in SOD2.

XzerothreeX, Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  20. Cejao

Cejao Famous

I would like to see Cho instead of Lily.
    If Lily had been an overly fem male with a squeaky voice, I could have put up with that better than an annoying female kid with an impatient attitude.