E3 2017 IGN interview with Jeff

Discussion in 'News' started by DJB204, Jun 12, 2017.

1. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

I don't know if it's been posted yet. Sorry if it has.

2. Vers

Vers Here To Help

Thanks, haven't seen this one yet.

rebel36, Goonie and DJB204 like this.
  3. Goonie

Goonie Here To Help

Thanks, @DJB204 ! I need all the interviews.

Seems like choices are going to matter more, and I like how traits are going to play a more meaningful role. The flare system sounds great, even if we don't know exactly how it'll work yet.

4. Vers

Vers Here To Help

"...one of the biggest innovations people are going to see. Is that, as you point out, there are a lot of different ways to solve problems, some of them very practical, some of them very ethical. And sometimes those things don't gel, right? And you are often put in the position, you'll have your people, your survivors in your base give you advice.Based on their personalities and their traits, and you choose whose advice you're going to take. Not by clicking on a menu that says, "yes, I'll do what you say." but actually going out and doing it. And over time that will cause some people to be more irritated with you or like you better and ultimately result in kind of a how your community is formulated--like, who wants to be there and who doesn't want to be there. And you find it's a very strong reflection of your own personal thoughts on those matters."

This concept is brilliant.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  5. Nathan Endo

Nathan Endo Got Your Back

@DJB204 thanks for the post! Hope to see more of these!

@Vers Couldn't agree more. Seems like a character's traits will have a much larger impact upon the community as a whole

rebel36, Vers and DJB204 like this.
  6. Righteous Ham

Righteous Ham Here To Help

A good interview, thank you for posting.

DJB204 likes this.