E3 2017 Press Roundup

Discussion in 'News' started by Undead Nicole, Jun 13, 2017.

1. DougH

DougH Got Your Back

I think they said '~deeply expanded base building' at one point in the interview. I have high hopes that you will get your wish. It should all be a trade-off. Use your materials for a garden or a new tower. IMO, if I have the materials for 50 towers, let me build them. Honestly, I never understood the scarcity of building materials when I had a crowbar and I was surrounded by a city of empty houses.

2. Vers

Vers Here To Help

I wouldn't be surprised if we're able to upgrade our vehicles via a skilled mechanic and building a garage in our home base. And if that's the case, I could see watch towers being able to fill a space as well.

XzerothreeX and Doomen Gloom like this.
  3. xGbHx

xGbHx Got Your Back

@ 4:45 "people freak out at night, kill 2 of your survivors, take half your stuff, then run away." If this is in, but a little form of human enemies isn't, I'll be suprised.

4. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

In one stream what they said about the vehicles " You ain't seen nothing yet" :D

Takuro_Spirit and XzerothreeX like this.
  5. Vers

Vers Here To Help

my guess is we'll be able to modify them. here's to hoping.

Doomen Gloom and XzerothreeX like this.
  6. Vanilla

Vanilla Here To Help

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/152146777

Segment from E3 Spotlight twitch stream on the last day with Jeff

Jeff states that can we choose which map to start on. Interesting.

This raises a lot of new questions too.

Edit: Youtube version of this link

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    Tanguy, DJB204, Doomen Gloom and 5 others like this.
  7. Mospus

Mospus Got Your Back

I hope i can choose marcus lol

Doomen Gloom, XzerothreeX and Vers like this.
  8. FallonMacSmore

FallonMacSmore Got Your Back

I like the volunteer flare thing going on for multiplayer. Just hopefully there won't be a ton of "volunteers" that only want to troll, but I'll definitely be putting myself on that list. Ughhhhh I want the game naoooooooooooo nao nao nao.

Doomen Gloom, XzerothreeX and M >>> like this.
  9. DeadK9Handler

DeadK9Handler Here To Help

Posting so I can find it later. :)

10. Hey just a minor note: you can "watch" threads so you'll get notified without having to post in them! It should be right below the thread title

11. DeadK9Handler

DeadK9Handler Here To Help

Bah! Thems the easy way out lol!

<walks away mumbling "I should of known that">

12. Lol no worries! There's a lot of cool stuff on the forums I'm still discovering

13. Vanilla

Vanilla Here To Help

Game Informer (I know it's not a interview but had to add it)

Youtube At E3

Shacknews

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    Kid Kayole, Inky333, Tanguy and 4 others like this.
  14. Vanilla

Vanilla Here To Help

Seems like in the Shacknews interview he confirms that there are violent human encounters with other enclaves if relationships break down. I understand they want it a mainly human vs zombies environment but i really appreciate that we may have to deal with humans on occasion as well.

Just as long as they don't overshadow the MAIN threat the zeds then i'm happy with this inclusion.

15. shinigami

shinigami Got Your Back

Pretty certain they can be upgraded. One of the devs mentioned "Mad Max" style vehicles. Also gas use for cars (and power generators for base) confirmed.

16. shinigami

shinigami Got Your Back

8:00 into that Twitch interview, Jeff comments on and dodges the whole relationship mechanics question, a la Persona/Fire Emblem/Rimworld... Realllllllly want it in the game...

17. I made it easier for y'all. Enjoy the full interview without skipping anything.

Dunadain, Inky333, MrStrange and 4 others like this.
  18. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

There is some really cool stuff in all those interviews :D I am really looking forward to this game:D

Kid Kayole, Tanguy and XzerothreeX like this.
  19. shinigami

shinigami Got Your Back

Vanilla, Doomen Gloom, Tanguy and 5 others like this.
  20. MrStrange

MrStrange Got Your Back

This was the only thing I hesitated on. Maybe weaker survivors (see low Fighting skill) will die, while skilled survivors have a chance. Maybe go and look for medical supplies while they arevdown, ala Coral on Hershels farm scenario. Would hate to see my best survivors go down because of some whiner. o_O
    Give me Aaron Aigner the psychopathic plumber cook guy, and I'll be happy. :D