E3 2017 Press Roundup

Discussion in 'News' started by Undead Nicole, Jun 13, 2017.

1. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

SoD2 is looking more and more like it's taking the Breakdown formula. Im all for this.

Vers, MrStrange, Doomen Gloom and 4 others like this.
  2. Vanilla

Vanilla Here To Help

Thought this was posted here. Guess not

IGN

3. not just breakdown. Since there are zombies attacking the base (noise etc), it seems like there's this Lifeline siege mechanic too!
    I would love to see that 30 minutes the press got to see behind closed doors..,,

4. Nathan Endo

Nathan Endo Got Your Back

5. giuseppe

giuseppe Starting Off

Doomen Gloom likes this.
  6. Cadeyrn

Cadeyrn Starting Off

Mmmm... juicy. Here's what sticks in my mind:

"Very good reasons" for moving on. He mentions resource depletion, but come on. We know. Massive. Zombie. Horde. Group=> Gaggle => Gang => Get the Big Guns => THERE'S TOO MANY GET TO THE BUS GO GO GO GO!!!! omgomgomg, they got Jim... and Jane... and Fred and Ilene...

Seriously, we need the chance to use the big guns, drones, death from above, incendiary, pipe bomb, claymore, SAW, everything. One massive set-piece before we have to bail out between maps. Let us send our chosen out on the bus, but then let us play the remaining until they are no more.

Moar bases. Excellent. But we'll need some actual fortifications this time not some thin chain-link fencing. The church on the hill looks like a good start, but we should be able to do better.

Armoring up: your people, your vehicles, your bus, your base. Yes yes yes.

Drop-in, drop-out nice. Griefing... well, funny I guess but dangerous too. Not sending my best characters to answer a flare, tell you that for free right now. Could be called into the middle of a horde by a noob or someone who just wants to see a death scene with a Big 'Un.

7. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

8. Vanilla

Vanilla Here To Help

The Know/ Rooster Teeth

CotJocky466, Dunadain, Tanguy and 3 others like this.
  9. Vers

Vers Here To Help

These interviews are great, even if it's a lot of information heard in prior interviews from e3, it's exciting to hear how diverse our survivors will be. It's almost like when we get them they'll be one of a kind. I can't wait to see some footage of them interacting with each other and affecting morale, decisions, etc. I have a feeling losing people in SoD2 is going to hurt even more. And that's strangely satisfying.

10. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

Vanilla, Bob Crees, Vers and 4 others like this.
  11. Felio

Felio Here To Help

That takes me back. Those E3 demo booths are dark, wooden boxes with seats, a podium, and a screen. Very sweaty. I would not want to be doing the demos in one all day.

I mean yeah, you see the photos of the convention outside the boxes. Very flashy and modern. Air conditioning. Unless you are EA or something though, your actual demo is in a stuffy tomb someone made in shop class.

Unless it is a demo on the media-only second floor. Nice offices there. They want the media to have a good time :p

Bob Crees and XzerothreeX like this.
  12. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

http://www.gamesradar.com/state-of-...e-most-dangerous-thing-is-your-own-decisions/

A new take on the hands-off demo. This one is a narrative and I enjoyed reading it. There are some points where I question the veracity, as they don't have any collaboration or confirmation from the dev team, but I'm hoping that there's some truth to it.

Notably:
    re: gunfire
    re: Outposts

Clyde, Felio, Kid Kayole and 3 others like this.
  13. Erudain

Erudain Here To Help

Now I'm really interested in the "genuine local populace"....maybe you can thin the herd?.....say the map starts with 20k real, traceable zeds by the game engine (random number)....if you kill 5k you could actually see a decrease in the zeds roaming and make the streets/bases safer?

14. Vers

Vers Here To Help

It sounds like an element of Lifeline will be making a major appearance in regard to base assaults. Something that wasn't ever a true threat in the original and Breakdown.

XzerothreeX and Bob Crees like this.
  15. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I hope it will not be like LL and have those 'Timed' horde attacks on your home base. I really did not like those.

Felio, GEO THUNDER and XzerothreeX like this.
  16. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

Here's what I've gathered from the numerous reviews that I've read/seen.

Story mode will be Breakdown-esque, in that you can move your base to a new map if/when you choose to do so. There will be a Lifeline element in the sieges (used consistently in all of the reviews). It seems to me that the game will track the noise your base generates and slowly (or not) build up the "Danger level" until you hit the threshold and then a siege will begin. Hopefully you will have some way to track this and that will give you time to get back home to help defend your base. Also, hopefully the AI will man the watchtower and not use the GLs to "clear parking spaces". :rolleyes:

17. Vers

Vers Here To Help

I've gathered most of the same. In regard to base assaults, an example I think was given with creating something at your base--like a garden (I think). So it could be that sieges are sort of a trade off of attempting to build your base, something a little more direct rather than constant. But with generators making noise, you may be right about the constant noise monitoring.

Bob Crees and XzerothreeX like this.
  18. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I can live with Hordes depending on the noise my Home Base makes. If I want to use a Generator to power tools to repair my vehicles, then I would expect that the noise would attract zebs. How much noise does a 'Flushing' toilet make?

XzerothreeX and Vers like this.
  19. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

Gas generator - 60 decibels
    Toilet flushing - 70 decibels

No joke, I was surprised to find that out myself. :eek: It appears that generator noise is actually regulated due the outdoor environment and the potential disturbance to neighbors, whereas the toilet is not since it happens within the privacy of one's own home (or bathroom stall).

Edit: Just to add detail, I did find a generator which produces 76 decibels at 10000w output.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    XzerothreeX, Vers and Bob Crees like this.
  20. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Digging a hole causes about 5 decibels
    The Person assigned to Latrine Duties about 100 decibels with all the swearing:)