Early Access FAQ

Discussion in 'FAQs, Interviews, Articles, and Links' started by Undead Sanya, Sep 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

Q: What are the specs?

A: Please note that at the minimum spec, a seven year old gaming PC, it isn't pretty or fast. We think that the recommended spec will probably delight most of our players:

Minimum System Req:
    OS Version: XP SP3
    Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz (E6600) / Athlon X64 3400
    Memory: 2 GB
    Graphics: Radeon HD 2600 XT / GeForce 9600 GSO / Intel HD 3000
    DirectX: 9.0c
    Disk Space: 3 GB

Recommended Req:
    OS Version: Windows 7 or newer
    Processor: Intel Core i5 series or equivalent
    Memory: 2 GB
    Graphics: Radeon HD 4750 / GeForce GT 240 / Intel HD 4000
    DirectX: 9.0c
    Disk Space: 3 GB

Q: Why did you launch without a keyboard interface?

A: We are totally committed to building it with feedback from our community. That means we want our early adopters with us from the first iteration on. This is a true Early Access experience, not a hype builder.

Q: Okay, when does the first pass at keyboard go in?

A: I can't even guess until we see how this first week goes. Sorry. There are just too many variables.

Q: Why is the game full price?

A: The game itself, in terms of content, is completely finished. Our Steam players are getting the first three patches (known as Title Updates to Xbox players) rolled right in from the get go. If you want to play with a controller, you are getting a fully finished game and we think it's worth the twenty dollars. If you want to play with the finished keyboard interface, please wait until the finished version launches.

Q: If I buy it now, will I have to buy it again when the finished version launches?

A: Hell, no.

Q: How long will it take until the finished version launches?

A: I don't know. Sorry :/

We'll have a better idea once we've had a few back-and-forths with the Early Access players over the keyboard interface.

Q: What controller do I need?

A: We are only testing with Xbox 360 controllers. If anything else works, awesome, but I'm not willing to promise what we're not testing.

Q: Will there be modding tools?

A: We could not do tools and launch this year, so at this time, the answer is no. We love modders, however, and firmly believe that once you've bought the game, it's yours.

2. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

Q: When will we PC players get Breakdown?

A: I will have a guess as to when the DLC will be available to you once the first pass on the keyboard interface is up and y'all have beaten on it.

Then we'll be able to guess a full release date, and we'll be able to offer you the DLC either shortly thereafter or at the same time.

But I won't really know until the first pass at K&M is in.

Q: And when might that be?

A: If I don't at least have a guess by the middle of October, I'm going to flee to a country with no extradition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.