Early Access Release Date

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Sep 19, 2013.

1. BoogieMan

BoogieMan Starting Off

Yeah, but it looks like it might be a bit cumbersome to use as it is now. I don't even see what keys are bound to what.

I just got back from buying a Logitech F310 controller, since the stupid Best Buy didn't have the wireless xbox360 controller adapter. Hope it'll work.

2. OMG I was looking for something like that for couple of years. I am so excited for this game (RPG, open world, gathering resources in a zombie infestation world, finding other survivors, building safe houses, driving, and so on...) I am so excited for this game that i bought the game even though i don't have any controller apart from keyboard+mouse). I will wait till they make key+mouse support can't wait :D

Question for developers, can you give some kind approximate date of key+mouse support update or will this support be available strictly at game release?

43 min later EDIT: I played for less than an hour and I ENJOYED IT! (keyboard + mouse work but there is no key mapping and you have to find what every button does :D) can't wait for proper key+mouse support and other stuff, bravo guys.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  4. Do everyone a favor and do not put games for windows live on it.

5. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

God dammit. I'm off by 12 cents. Gotta get some steam points in a couple of minutes! D:

6. OK, I've been waiting for this for a while to arrive on Steam. While I have an Xbox, I prefer PC where I can, mostly because I can't stand 720p anymore :) My impressions so far:

It was a quick 1.8GB download via Steam and I didn't have any problems launching the game. The game defaulted to 720p and I saw a blank screen for the intro videos, so they're not quite displaying properly, at least on my set-up with two monitors. I was able to change to 1080p without too much difficulty once I was in the menus. The game appears to run perfectly fine on the Ultra setting on my rig, which is a Core i7 2600K + Geforce 660Ti. Graphics wise, it seems crisp, but it was very dark by default for some reason and I had to bump the gamma slider up past 1.3. Even then the contrast seemed a little strong. There are also lots of jaggies! There didn't appear to be any option for enabling AA in the game, and forcing multisampling via the nVidia control panel did nothing. Inventory and in-game menus are rather low res though, I'm guessing they haven't yet made the jump up from the xbox version.

And while I'm playing on my controller, there does appear to be basic 'support' for the mouse and keyboard, in that the WSAD + Mouse combination works ok, nothing tweakable in the menu though. The game is cryengine, so it might be able to map some controls in the .xml files, but I haven't tried that yet. There appears to be some blank files located here though: steamapps\common\State of Decay\USER\Profiles\default.

I'm looking forward to more PC-oriented functionality, but for now it seems rather playable.

7. Still waiting on Sandbox mode for Xbox........

8. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

It'll dry quicker if you go do something else...

[​IMG]

9. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

This is great feedback Polaris. Make sure you're posting your findings in the PC Early Access Forums so it's easier to find and address. :) http://forums.undeadlabs.com/forumdisplay.php?16-PC-Early-Access-Feedback

10. roughnek

roughnek Starting Off

Bought the game the second i got home 15 min download and of i was. Asome love it adore it find it à kick ass game. Thanks undead labs

11. I am pretty surprised that the game is actually playable (and better than some final versions i have seen) with keyboard+mouse. The camera rotation seems to be very rough with the mouse yet, but i have been playing for an hour without getting uncomfortable with it only using kb+mouse. Awesome game

12. In europe it's about 5,5 dollars expensive, exactly in Finland. Maybe some customs duty onto...;) It cost here 18,99 euros.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  13. German-Survivor

German-Survivor Starting Off

Quite unexpectedly, the PC version came out.
    € 18.99 in German.
    Although I play on the Xbox version since the beginning, I gave myself the fun and charged me the Steam version.

Now that I've played the first half hour, I wanted the guys from UL a large commend!!

Great work!!

PS: German can also praise and not just nag and complain.

Edit after 2hours playing:

I Play it with Ulta Settings and Lowest Setting and both looks great!

I have seen some changes in the PC vs the xbox 360 Version but they are very good!

Thats just a "early accsess" ?
    No, for me it is the full gaming fun on PC with this great game!

Now i must go to build my homebase at marshal :)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  14. Hope they get custom graphigs settings to get off blur etc...

15. I completely forgot about this.

16. Considering I bought the Xbox 360 version but never played it to it's potential because I was always playing things on my PC I'm so chuffed it's come to PC. Just looks like I'll have to buy it again. It mentions something about getting the Steam version for free... any idea how?

17. chomikkPL

chomikkPL Starting Off

yay a pc version! now give me the mods :DDDDDD

18. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

It's going to be a LONG while before you see any mods. :p

19. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

Actually probably not considering there are a lot of people that can go into files and mod the hell out of a game within the matter of a couple days or so.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  20. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

If they have the tools, which we know UL isn't giving those out. CryEngine isn't known for being easy to mod. Others on the forums have said that if you don't have the tools, it's very difficult to mod the CryEgine. It's going to take really talented modders and lots of time to mod this. I wouldn't expect to see any in the first 3 months.