Enclave survivor count help

Discussion in 'PC Mods' started by noah, Oct 25, 2017.

1. noah

noah Got Your Back

Bob Crees likes this.
  2. QMJS

QMJS Famous

First, that is pre-YOSE, so if you are playing YOSE it is going to cause a number of problems. If you really want these, I would get WINMerge (http://winmerge.org) and use that to view the changes to figure out what to do in the current version.

But, what you are looking for will be in enclaves. (The stuff in rtsevents and missions should only affect the 'taking them home and adding them to your base' aspects.)

In each enclave type is a list of characters, each line starting like this:
    <Character ActorFlags="Spawn" ActorName="" ActorTask=""

So, find those, and remove the sixth one, and it should then only generate five. Each enclave will have its own set.

chikawowwow and Bob Crees like this.
  3. noah

noah Got Your Back

Do i have to do that for each variant of the enclave?

Bob Crees likes this.
  4. QMJS

QMJS Famous

Yes, each one needs to be adjusted, although most enclaves are one type. But since the others do appear at times, you'll run into the same problem with them if they have six.

Bob Crees likes this.
  5. noah

noah Got Your Back

And is it every line that has that start? Or is it only the ones that are mostly that line? because there are a lot like this:

<Character ActorFlags="Spawn" ActorName="" ActorTask="" ActorTraits="Trait.Voice.Playable, !Trait.Immune.NonStoryContent, !Trait.Meta.Hero" FunctionTags="" HideWarnings="" Optional="" TargetEnclave="" />

Bob Crees likes this.
  6. QMJS

QMJS Famous

That is why I specified the beginning of the line. There can be considerable variation in the rest.

Bob Crees likes this.
  7. noah

noah Got Your Back

Ok, so using that xml comparing tool in the first thing you posted, i compared the 2 xmls, and i went to the parts where it said it was missing in the new xml, and i inserted coding to make it the same thing (but 5 people instead of 6), and now i can't see any more code that is missing from the new that the old has, and i went to test it in game but my enclaves still have 3 people. Did i miss something? I know that's a broad question and it'd be hard to tell for sure, but i'm almost certain i didnt do something right, i'm just not sure what.

8. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

You need to compile the xml with a tool called XML2BMD.

Bob Crees likes this.
  9. noah

noah Got Your Back

I know, i did that and put it in the game folder, i made the file path that followed where it was when i initially extracted it also, and it's still not working.

Bob Crees likes this.
  10. QMJS

QMJS Famous

Ok, just a couple of things to check first... after compiling and putting them in place, you will either have to wait until a new enclave spawns in an existing game, or start a new game or level.

The extracted files for breakdown may be in a path like Game\sandbox\game\libs\class3.1\rts, and that is incorrect. For those to actually work properly you want to put them in Game\libs\class3.1\rts

Bob Crees likes this.
  11. noah

noah Got Your Back

Ok, so i have now realized that i was forgetting a file. The rts file was the one i was missing, i had everything else right, though. Thanks for your help, guys.

Bob Crees and QMJS like this.
  12. noah

noah Got Your Back

So, after playing on a new save for maybe an hour and a half or so, i settled my base, found 2 enclaves, and both have 5 people. But i found them pretty early on and still have yet to get missions for them. I didnt remove any particular coding, so do i need to add something else somewhere to make the missions start appearing again?

Bob Crees likes this.
  13. QMJS

QMJS Famous

That shouldn't have affected them unless you accidentally removed or changed the end section markers. make sure all of your </Actors> tags are in place after the characters.

Bob Crees likes this.