England survivor cell

Discussion in 'Survivor Cells' started by Kjolly99, Dec 21, 2012.

1. RossBeeUK

RossBeeUK Got Your Back

Is there anyone from East Anglia?

Necrotic Eradicator likes this.
  2. Darth_Necron

Darth_Necron Got Your Back

and add one scouser who knows how to shoot n live off the land

btw cadet units and local TA centers are great for rations/mre, combats, ammo and weapons inc spare barrels and cleaning kits

cadet units - rations, combats, .22 rimfire rifles and ammo and at least 2-4 L98A2 with .223 ammo plus cleaning kits and gun oil (only cadet units with a 50m+ shooting range will have L98A2 ammo as the weapons otherwise are for demo not drill they are fully working)

L98A2 general purpose cadet rifle info

looks like SA80 (L85A2) but has longer barrel (no flash hider) it fires the slightly smaller .223 calibur instead of the full .556mm nato round
    it has to be manually cocked before every shot as there is no fire mode selector so no semi or auto fire modes ( saftey design ) mag holds 20 rounds instead of 30 like the SA80 does (21 if you chamber one first)

TA centers - rations, combats inc body armour helmets and elbow/knee pads, military grade first aid meds, L86A1 Lsw ,L85A2 SA80, browning 9mm pistols,bayonets 5.56mm .223 and 9mm and 7.62mm ammo + tracers and various scopes inc flir and surpressors , night vision goggles, flashbangs, smoke , cs gas + gasmasks and filters, frag and white phosphorus incendiary grenades, spare barrels, cleaning kits, gun oil and parts for weapons if royal engineers TA center anti tank/air rockets, mines and plastic explosives + detonators and some stock the cadet weapons and .22 ammo as some TA centers have cadet units attached as well

so a real treasure trove of goodies to be had

Army/Raf/Rn bases all of the above plus even more toys to play with like smg's ,dmr's and not forgetting combat shotguns and sniper rifles

NOTE

stand alone cadet units you can hit at the start of outbreak

wait a week or 2 or more to hit the TA centers or active bases as this gives them more of a chance of them being abandoned from being overran altho some soldiers may survive so make sure your armed have at least 2-3 flir cameras to look for alive human heat signatures (fire engines have them in one of the left or right hand side outer compartments on the rear end of the truck if you cant find one at a dedicated camera store) and lastly have cutting torches to access the armourys (found on bases in workshops for vehical or aircraft maintenance) just remember to sweep and clear the entire base first

i must stress DO NOT DO THIS ALONE !!!!!!
    because if there are still active personal they will not hesitate to SHOOT YOU on sight

also finally any military surplus shops will also have swords and bayonets all eras ww1 onwards combats gas masks +filters, rations/mre and other useful survival gear

i know i will survive

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    Pipe Bomber and Bob Crees like this.
  3. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Add an ex Army Sniper 1980 - 82. Do they still have Cadet Units? I was a member of a Shropshire Light Infantry cadet detachment - back in the day. We had converted .303 Lee Enfield rifles, that could fire either .22 rim fire or 7.62. We had 'Compo' rations. Just got to love the tin of 'processed cheese'.

Pipe Bomber likes this.
  4. Darth_Necron

yeah they do still have cadet units sea/marine ,acf and atc and ccf ( combined cadet force ) there phasing out the no8 .22 .303 conversion later this year to a new dedicated custom built .22 for cadets as the 303 can be a bit too long and barrel hvy for younger cadets to handle i loved it such an accurate weapon always wanted to fire the L1A1 SLR

the cheese was awesome it bunged you up but it was worth it tasted soo good melted but the boiled sweets where the best

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    Pipe Bomber and Bob Crees like this.
  5. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Seriously the old .303 is too long and heavy for the younger cadets?

I still remember my mate Tony Beechy firing a converted 303 to 7.62, prone at 200 yards. Every time he took a shot, he had to crawl 6" back up to his sandbag. But he kept at it for his 10 shots. Yes I am going back to 1974/75, when the Army Cadet Force was male only.

I guess I am way to old to really comment on today's youth, but I do have a sound knowledge on Health and Safety, so maybe we should start them on -

[​IMG]

and if they join the army, we could progress them to -

[​IMG]

Just saying:)

6. Darth_Necron

ill have the barrett .50 please bob lol
    but yeah its the short ass 14yo with likkle arms n legs that have the problems so its mostly to cater for their moaning holes i think they should keep the no8 .22 as why retire a rifle if it still shoots at the very least they should keep em as back ups give the 14yo an airsoft bb rifle to play soldiers with insted and give the proper rifles to the cadets who know how to use them ie: fire them and show the breach is clear after their 10 rounds (saftey first) ,strip clean and maintain properly

@Bob Crees i added some additional info on my initial post on this thread that you quoted hope you like it

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Bob Crees likes this.
  7. ziplobthud

ziplobthud Got Your Back

This boy will be all good in the land of Berwick upon Tweed. The southern zombies wont even care that there will be living up here and the Scottish Zombies wouldn't want us neither. Plus we have walls, very big walls.

chikawowwow and Bob Crees like this.
  8. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Save me a place in your Enclave:)

chikawowwow and ziplobthud like this.
  9. ziplobthud

ziplobthud Got Your Back

Make sure you get here before I blow the bridges :cool:

10. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I will do my best:)

chikawowwow and ziplobthud like this.
  11. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

If you give me like a week I might be there in time..

Bob Crees likes this.
  12. ziplobthud

ziplobthud Got Your Back

Just the follow the East coast main line, Il leave a sign somewhere.

13. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

I'm sure following the coast would add a few more days :-S

[​IMG]

Bob Crees and ziplobthud like this.
  14. ziplobthud

ziplobthud Got Your Back

Yeah, just find a car, will be quicker. Much much Quicker. Actually, find a train.
    My Fiances dad has keys to a nearby fallout shelter as well so we would be all good.

15. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Why the hell does it say 5 days? I know the M25 and the A1 can have bad traffic, but..........................?

ziplobthud and chikawowwow like this.
  16. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

It's walking directions lol.
    The M25 is bad but for it to be that bad at midnight.. well there be basically no point in having it as a road at all.

My theory is that during the apocalypse driving cars draws attention but walking you can stay in the trees so no one would know you're there.

ziplobthud and Bob Crees like this.
  17. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

So someone has worked out that you can walk 352 miles in 5 days and 1 hour?

18. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

It's gotta be a calculation like X amount of miles per hour on average. I think it's like 2.8 miles per hour based the one above and a 8 mile walk I just calculated on it.

19. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

The average walking pace is 4 miles a hour, but if you were carrying a 'Bug Out' sack, then that would be down to 3 miles a hour I guess.

20. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

I think they must factor in that you'll be looking down at your phone so will probably get lost somewhere. Probably stopping at charging points as well?