Enter Sandbox. (7/18/2013)

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Zesbeer

Zesbeer Starting Off

that was a suggestion not a statement.

2. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

I understood that. I'm just letting you know, that you'd have to pay for it, just like the rest of us. :p ;)

3. Zesbeer

Zesbeer Starting Off

orly i didn't see a dev post saying that exactly.

4. redkorssquad

redkorssquad Got Your Back

You paid the same and you get the same. Simple as that. I see no reason they should give it to you becouse you were part of the Early Access.

5. dynastyhan

dynastyhan Famous

They should give it to me after I pay another $20 bucks! ;P

6. Zesbeer

Zesbeer Starting Off

we should get it because we had to wait months. also we are acting as QA testers for them via controllers and K&M and other bugs.

7. redkorssquad

Are you talking about paying another 20 for the DLC or what exactly? I doubt that it will be that high. Most here consider 5-10 to be appropriate.

They could have done it themselves but that would have taken longer time. You always complain about waiting for ports. But if a game is exclusive to the PC you are all high and mighty.
    Remember it was meant to be for the xbox exclusively, but hey yu are getting it.

And I don't remember anyone that paid for Mount and Blade back when it was in its early stages getting Warband for free. But it got more and more expensive as the ball started to roll and it got to a more finished state.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  8. dynastyhan

dynastyhan Famous

we should get it free because we are easy-to-frustrate type of peoples who rarely read before buying! :mad:

9. redkorssquad

And that is your problem. Nicole and Sanya have been trying to plaster that info wherever they can. and as I said to many other people. PC and xbox buyer that didn't do their research. If it is not a known company. Read up about them and the game, then decide.

10. Zesbeer

Zesbeer Starting Off

I never said anything about exclusivity for pc titles. I am just stating that we are going up and beyond to help them. And its a common practice to give a pre order/early access bonus.

and just to be clear I knew what I was buying and what to expect with a half finished game release.

11. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

Whoa, whoa. :)

Here is what I have been saying, for the benefit of our new friends: *We* do not get to determine the price of anything. Microsoft decides and announces the price. Breakdown will almost certainly cost something.

The estimates being thrown around internally will please everyone except for those who want expansions for free.

We also have nothing - zip, zilch, nada - to do with the purchase part of the transactions. Not on Xbox, not on Steam. (That's one of the reasons we're still a small team - no money has appeared under our pillows or anywhere else, yet.) We don't have access to the customer databases, so we don't know who bought what. (And that's why our friends on Xbox didn't get a discount or a freebie on Steam, no matter how much we would have liked to do that - there is no way to cross reference those two customer databases.) And we don't decide how things get bundled together, or even if they get bundled together.

If you want a lot of power in the gaming industry, don't be a dev, be a publisher :)

My understanding was that the game will cost twenty, and the DLC will cost whatever, and that will be true on both platforms.

12. redkorssquad

I was just trying to draw a picture with that. And I did not know that, pre oder yes. Early Access no.

That was more directed towards the guy I commented on. But there was a surge of them around Xbox release.

I better go get some shut eye before I get more cranky. Night Zesbeer.

Edit: Rather true Sanya. Too bad so few people realize that it is the publishers that hold most of the power(unfortunately) Rather tired of people complaining about the devs on a game that is bad. Or saying that the publisher created a game.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  13. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

So if you buy early access you immediately get rights to free DLC? Really?

14. sinzindetta

sinzindetta Starting Off

Sanya! I want to play sandbox. Dead Rising 3 is approaching, will sandbox beat their release?

15. gish

gish Got Your Back

I think so

16. Evmeister

Evmeister Starting Off

What i'd like to know, is if the money I paid for the game and for future games will go to Undead Labs, to further enhance their product and to help with providing more dlc's?

I will buy it regardless, but I would feel better if it was going directly to them. I guess I could always drive up to their office 45mins away and hand them a check :D

edit: actually, I am so thankful for finally having this game, i might order pizza for them :cool: as a thank you! Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, or Dominoes?

17. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

What? No. Nobody gets a free DLC unless the publisher says it's free. (Which is unlikely.)

18. King of AR

King of AR Got Your Back

so you guys still haven't gotten paid even though the game has been selling for months ?

19. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

I know this. This was me being sarcastic against a previous poster. Something I said I would not do.

20. CharlieChainsaw

CharlieChainsaw Here To Help

Lol. Goddammit. Must have hit the wrong quote button... Tho I guess I do agree with myself.