Event Writeup from DrinkingCoffeeCola/GameCritics, 8/30/2012

Discussion in 'FAQs, Interviews, Articles, and Links' started by Undead Sanya, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

2. Biggsmile

Biggsmile Starting Off

Such an excellent report Sanya. I bet UL and SoD has a much greater following than just before PAX. I didnt know that we could alternate between playing different characters. I just thought we played 1 main character until that character died, then we swapped to someone else. I'm loving this game even more now.

Graphically it looks amazing in those still pics.

Can't wait to play it on my home Xbox and TV.

3. Nightowl

Nightowl Starting Off

grand write up :)

4. MAJOR WARPATH

MAJOR WARPATH Starting Off

Nice read, can't wait for more news and maybe gameplay clips soon especially after this weekend.:)

5. There are 20 ‘major’ characters and 30 minor ones.
    >All dialogue will feature full voice acting.

I wonder if that means in the campaign aspect you have to be certain characters ?

I'm so cglad its all voice acted i was worried. I really hope all the characters look different, thats the one thing that always takes me out of it if we have lpeople that are not distinct from eachother.
    The game is looking so beautiful!

6. I just thought we played 1 main character until that character died, then we swapped to someone else. I'm loving this game even more now.

7. BrainBreaker

BrainBreaker Starting Off

'' some can help research new weapons and generate ammunition'' so ammo making is back on the table?

8. staypuft

staypuft Got Your Back

No as soon as you encounter survivors, you can attempt to start building a relationship. You will almost certainly run into at least one in the tutorial. No idea how hard you'll have to work to get him to join you. I'd be willing to bet within a couple of hours you could have multiple members in your community

9. staypuft

staypuft Got Your Back

I think that has been taken off the table. But it was probably still on when this interview happened. In August :)

10. BrainBreaker

BrainBreaker Starting Off

I guess that makes sense,after all survivors are just simple people,and its not very likely that you find some kind of firearms expert with knowlidge to make bullets,even if you did,no idea where you would get gun powder :)

11. I just thought we played 1 main character until that character died, then we swapped to someone else. I'm loving this game even more now.

12. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

Welcome to he forums, harry045! Yup it's very community based.

BTW, the forum mods don't allow advertisements in signatures. You might want to remove it. ;)

13. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

Gun Powder can be found at pretty much any sportsman store (such as Cabella's) or any gun shop really. As far as an individual that can make ammo, pretty much any gunsmith could do it. Not really as hard as it seems if you know what your doing. If it was taken out, most likely it was to keep the difficulty & fun factor up. Although it could have been interesting, I think it would have really taken out the point of having to scavenge for ammo if you could just produce your own.