Everything We Know About State Of Decay 2 so far [Post E3]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThatChristmaskid, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Hey guys!

I wanted to help keep up with all the new information on this new thread, as in the old thread I was running out of characters to continue adding information. You can find part one HERE or in my signature.

The old information is still valid, but as there hasn't been any updates on those we can assume that it won't change. If so, I will update here.

_____

NEW Trailer:

Unsolved mysteries:

Contests:

The brackets tell what stage the contest/game is currently in.

[SIGNUPS] means that you can still sign up
    [ACTIVE] means that signups are over, but the game is currently going on
    [FINISHED] means its finished
    [PENDING] means that the contest/game has been announced, but signups are not available yet

The Final Launch Date Contest [ACTIVE]
    The Tattoo Post [ACTIVE]
    The NEW Launch Date Contest [FINISHED]
    Four Years, Four Things [FINISHED]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  2. [Reserving for later, because this is what I should've done first time around.]

XzerothreeX, Doomen Gloom and Goonie like this.
  3. Righteous Ham

Righteous Ham Here To Help

Quality work, kid. I look forward to your continuous catalog of every future scrap of new information.

4. Thank you!

So far the most interesting piece of info is Microsoft Studios general manager Shannon Loftis "leaking" info about the flare system a year in advance... maybe we should look into other things she's said about SoD2

5. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

It looks like a lot of fun :)

XzerothreeX and Bob Crees like this.
  6. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

With the flares system, my favorite zombie rpg just got summoner class!

Per Jeff Strain, you can fire a flare and anyone who has VOLUNTEERED (key point) to be randomly pulled into someone else's game will spawn next the the flarer. This is SOD2's combo version of (Looking For Group) and (Calling For Backup). So the flare in the first trailer WAS a game mechanic preview.

Currently this seems to be the most fun mechanic I've seen in 1 or the 2 trailer. Summoner doesn't know if they're calling in Wayne GSG's maxed-out ninja (Bahamut), or some random copy of a dimwitted total lush ZanyDunadain was too lazy to take all the way to the shed (Lv. 1 Imp). Player in flare lobby doesn't know if they will be coming in to defend a loot-&-scoot, or some moron wanted to take on a horde of juggies and is seconds from death.

Now, in the 6/13 Twitch, @undeadgeoffrey said that because this game specifically denies pVp attempts, he can't wait to see how one player works out how to troll another. And you dying in someone else's game is fully possible.

http://www.twitch.tv/undeadlabs/v/151619808?sr=a&t=862s

I can't wait for 2!!

7. Kid Kayole

Kid Kayole Here To Help

8. Haven't given up on this, sorry!

Been in N.Y. all week and I have a lot of info to sift though, keep hitting me with links and threads!

Will update ASAP

9. Furie

Furie Here To Help

No need, it goes something like this. Work for Microsoft so concentrating on that. If there's a release on Steam it's not something we'll talk about until Microsoft are done getting their money's worth so I can't say it'll happen. Really wanna hint to you guys but you don't seem to get it unless I risk my job.

XzerothreeX, DJB204, Dunadain and 4 others like this.
  10. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Not seen any Dev's online for a week - I hope they are still there - Or enjoying some Holiday:).

11. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

Any new Intel on SoD2 brewing? Haven't heard or seen anything since E3.

12. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

We can refer to them as DeadLabs now lol

13. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

People who die, they don't stay dead. They come back as one of those, things!

14. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I was moving across the country Bob. :) I'm back.

15. SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy Famous

Where to? I just hope it's not Michigan because this place blows.