Farewell to Sanya

Discussion in 'News From the Lab' started by Undead Jeff, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Undead Jeff

Undead Jeff Developer Staff Member

Hello fellow survivors,

As we get ready for 2018, a year that promises to be EXTREMELY exciting for us all, we need to make sure we’re teed up for the launch of the game. No, it’s still too soon to talk about exactly when that’ll be, but it’s certainly not too soon for the behind-the-scenes planning that goes into a game launch like this.

As you know, State of Decay 2 is a bigger game than State of Decay. In some ways, much bigger, including how we launch this thing. Our publisher has big plans for Big Publisher Things like PR, Marketing, media, and live events. Here at the Lab, we have big plans for our player community, including live streams, contests, and…well, all kinds of stuff. We need to make sure all that stuff plays well with those Big Publisher Things, and that takes a whole lot of coordination and meetings, every day, here at Undead Labs.

Our director of community Sanya has been wearing many hats for many years with us, but what you may not have realized is that she doesn’t live here in Seattle. And she can’t move.

So please give her a rousing send off and raise your scavenged drinks to her on Halloween, her last official day. I'm very thankful for Sanya’s excellent stewardship of the State of Decay player community, and I wish her all the best in whatever she chooses to tackle next.

Jeff

2. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

Like Jeff said...State of Decay 2 is going to be a big, big game and the Lab needs someone right there on the spot in Seattle to make it as great as it can be. I’ve been working remotely for eleven years now, and part of telecommuting wisdom is knowing when you can make it work...and when you can’t.

I’m going to miss each and every one of you, and I hope I see you again in other worlds. Thank you all for a great five years.

After Halloween, that is. We're going to bid me farewell with some fun contests :)

Burzum, Furie, LiNanMian1984 and 40 others like this.
  3. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Oh No:( Now it has become a very very sad day:(

I will save my Best Wishes till the right time.

4. zechs

zechs Here To Help

It's been a great time [kinda] knowing you, as well as appreciate your assistance when needed.

Thank you very much and best fortunes to your next journey!

5. Erudain

Erudain Here To Help

6. QMJS

QMJS Famous

I will be sorry to see you go. You have been an integral part of my experiences with Undead Labs for years.

But, as Bob said, with a few weeks left, it's not goodbye yet.

7. sc2mitch

sc2mitch Got Your Back

8. I wish you the best of luck in your new challenges that will come.

You will be missed Sanya.
    Luckily we have a few weeks. :)

9. garlicburp

garlicburp Starting Off

Sanya I wish you the best in your new adventures, I will forever treasure my pink bedazzled state of decay shirt you made me. Thanks for all the effort over the many years to make this such a great place to be a fan. You will never be forgotten!!!

10. Cejao

Cejao Famous

11. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Awww, shit. I was expecting a 'Sanya will be busy till eternity so she won't be online much.' Dang. Well, I hate to hear it, ma'am. Realizing you'll be here till Halloween, I'll say 'Goodbye' in advance. Just in case I don't get another chance. Check in on us once in a while, if you please. More than Lori does.

12. kurt10

kurt10 Starting Off

Good luck in all that you do! You will be missed!!!!

13. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I will not be taking the reigns. :)

14. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Long as you don't leave us.

15. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I'm not leaving you. :)

16. Dbomb 12

Dbomb 12 Here To Help

Aww damn that's a major bummer:(. Good luck to you Sanya.

17. w..whaaat???? .-(
    I may be living in Morocco...but my heart hurts after reading that!!!!
    I can't even find the words to describe how I feel now.....

one thing is sure, we will miss you a lot @Undead Sanya !
    whatever you choose to do, I wish you (and your family) the best of the best.
    God bless you my Friend...

(we were expecting some SoD2 news after all this time....now I'm sad instead)

much Love Sanya...

your Moroccan Friend, MonPrinCe.

18. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Damn... I though this day wouldn't get worse... :( I'm gonna miss her like I did seeing Lori. Santa was very kind and funny. Too bad we will have to send her off. Can we get one final quote? Or put her in the game as remenerence please?

Thank you Sanya for some great memories, we as a whole community, will miss having you around. Hit us up from time to time, yes?

19. spacemousetw

spacemousetw Famous

Well ...it sounds like has another words~:)

20. OldDogF14

OldDogF14 Here To Help

Welp, the first rule is to always leave the audience wanting more, right? ;)

One of the things I learned in the Navy was that nothing in this world is permanent, and that everything comes to an end, which in itself is a new beginning. So, I won't say goodbye. Rather, I'll say good luck and following seas in your next great adventure, and SYOTOS.