Farewell to Sanya

Discussion in 'News From the Lab' started by Undead Jeff, Oct 10, 2017.

1. oh man....we were fighting to get sod2 news.....now we'll have to find out why Sanya is gone!!!
    Of course, I only want SoD2 news....this is why I'm doing a Live stream tomorrow Saturday on twitch...for Sanya....another secret of mine I'm willing to sacrifice...as a tribute for Sanya. You do what you can with what you have.

twitch.tv/monprincecyclope
    second RoofTrick will be revealed....i'm so heartbroken I don't need my RoofParking hidden anymore....

2. Cejao

Cejao Famous

the lack of activity from Sanya is the most disturbing of all, she was supposed to still be here till the end of the month and she hasn't been online for over a week. :confused:

3. I like that; strength of conviction. Even though I don't agree, I love your conviction

4. illdigurgrave

illdigurgrave Got Your Back

I'm sure she still checks in from time to time even if she doesn't sign on.

5. No, I totally agree that we should fight for Sanya, but we don't exactly have much of an argument because we're missing a ton of information.

6. Furie

Furie Here To Help

You know what, I'm gonna let you into my thought processes a little so you can see where I'm coming from. I have been around here a long time, sometimes as active as I am now, other times lurking. Long enough in fact to see when Sanya joined the team, and I'd been around the games industry long enough then to have heard a little of who they were bringing on board.

For the past sixteen (perhaps seventeen, I'd have to look into that to be sure) years Sanya has been one of the most respected community managers in the business. She's known to be as fierce as she is friendly, as thoughtful as she is active in the communities she helps to build from nothing. Back when most communities were just about wrapping their heads around cheesy nightclub events such as giving t-shirts away to members who took place in competitions, Sanya was starting conversations (have a treat and click this for an insightful look at the business) about the role of the community manager within a company. She's a consummate professional who deserves our respect, and has earned it in everything she's done here and elsewhere.

I know you feel that she's being forced out while I, as someone who's had to move around the country repeatedly for work in the past, know all the problems that commutes and telecommuting bring and can see how both parties would come to this as a mutual agreement to part ways. The fact of the matter is that it doesn't matter which of us is right or wrong here as the decision has already been made. The very best case scenario if we all protest this is that a seventeen year veteran of the industry gets to hold onto a job because the fans whined. To me, that would devalue everything that Sanya has achieved not just in this company (that first million in sales was through mainly word of mouth marketing) but in all her years grafting in the industry.

7. Akinaba

Akinaba Got Your Back

Darn,that's bad. But RL is anyway more important then any game so goo luck for you, Sanya and take care! You will stay in our mids and hearts like forerver...

I think we must have a charracter named Sanya in her honor in SoD2

mystyk, Doc Roley, rebel36 and 9 others like this.
  8. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Seconded.

9. Cejao

Cejao Famous

I think that is a very good idea. Maybe she should be one of the main story npcs. :)

10. Blackthorne

Blackthorne Here To Help

If we could have Sanya as a counterpart to Lilly... it'd be almost like she's still moderating us local forum fanatics. Almost ;)

Dammit, I REALLY want this to be a thing now...

11. Furie

Furie Here To Help

Definitely a great idea to honour her contributions to the franchise. Make her the Gurubani of SoD2 with mad skills that make her indispensable.

And I'm aware that all dev names are in there and possible to get a combination of, but I think we all want a designed character.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  12. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

[​IMG]

Holy shit my soul hurts. Sanya, you're an awesome person and a darn great community manager. Getting to hang out and talk about SoD was a fantastic experience. I wish you the best of luck in everything and hope you kick ass at it.

if you see this, Sorry my mom gave ya a hard time those years ago. :p hopefully that got a chuckle

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  13. Undead Brant

Undead Brant Developer Staff Member

From early on, Sanya has been my sister in arms here and to say I'm devastated on a personal level just means that any other words don't do the feeling justice. She built this from the dirt up and we will always be thankful and appreciative of her blood, sweat and tears. There's no grand conspiracy, sometimes things don't work out. It still hurts, terribly.

14. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Even though she isn't part of the team anymore, I would hope that she still stays active with us on the forums. :cool:

15. Dbomb 12

Dbomb 12 Here To Help

Kinda sad she hasn't been active lately.

16. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

@Undead Sanya - So this is your last day:( I am going to wish you the all the best for the future and hope that you keep in touch, as you never know we could then meet up and kick some zombie ass with two other people in the Co-Oped game:)

Fabian907, Doc Roley, rebel36 and 8 others like this.
  17. It's kinda sad because she was eager to do a UK SoD fan meeting!!!

18. LiNanMian1984

LiNanMian1984 Here To Help

Come visit forum every once in a while okay?@Undead Sanya

19. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Gonna miss you, Sanya. I was hoping to see you more in these last days, but I reckon you have a lot going on. Again, goodbye, nice lady. Thank you for making me feel welcome here and for doing an amazing job. You'll be remembered here forever.

20. maltriagon

maltriagon Here To Help

Deeply saddened to hear the leaving of Sanya. The forum was so connected and informed with her. She was one you could really trust. We couldn't get this kind of thing from other games because they don't have a forum like this with people leading it like Sanya. Her and Nicole made a great team. This forum and the making of SoD 2 will feel the effects of her leave. @Undead Sanya hope you have lots of success in your future endeavors. Wish you all the best, we will miss you lots!