Favorite Methods of Fighting?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by ThatChristmaskid, Jul 31, 2014.

?
  1. Melee

50.8%
  2. Firearms

39.0%
  3. Explosives

22.0%
  4. Fire

15.3%
  5. Roadkill

25.4%
  6. Unarmed

6.8%
  7. Other (Please Specify)

10.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Welcome to the forums, BlackWater.

Stealth Moose and BL4CKW4TER like this.
  2. BL4CKW4TER

BL4CKW4TER Got Your Back

(Shh, keep it quiet, keep it quiet, don't freak out) Thanks! (Oh man, oh man he said hello! Wait, have to keep it on the down-low...)
    :p

3. El Barto 227

El Barto 227 Got Your Back

Hopefully I'm not necroing this thread.
    My preferred method is roadkill, molotovs and melee. guns are something I'm not good with aiming, but are handy when scavenging in shops and stuff.

Griffonclaw39 and XzerothreeX like this.
  4. JCass

JCass Got Your Back

Really? Lol its my favorite section! :eek:
    Everything else feels like people...just...Talking...:(

5. roadkill. relative safety, and usually efficient. I like firearms too, but headshots are a little tricky in more hectic fights and sniping doesn't really work since hits don't seem register until the zombie is mid range. I like melee, but it isn't always the best option for me. I tend to have trouble fighting Biguns alone, and I seem to run into more than other people when I'm out and about. I'd rather peace out than take my chances beating an undead hippopotamus with a fancy stick.

Doomen Gloom and XzerothreeX like this.
  6. Zeppathy

Zeppathy Here To Help

Stealth Kills Are OP. Not to mention I have at least 2x more inventory slots due to refusing a gun or melee weapon. My fists don't break. Bloaters are the only worry, but you can casually stroll away from them.

7. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

What ever works :)

8. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

I love tossing a molotov, or a bomb, or putting a round through a propane tank. Very efficient, and quite safe. Plus, I can usually be elsewhere before the zed mob decends to investigate.

I've not had a good relationship with whistling box mines. Zeds don't spawn unless you are nearby (except Too Many Hordes), so you have to stick around to get them to be attracted to the noisemaker. By the time the mine goes off and blows up 10-20 zeds, the additional 30 attracted are close enough to see me and swarm me. I've lost several survivors that way.

9. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

...with a chest-high wall or fence nearby.

10. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Karate Kick + LB/Y + Repeat.

11. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

SpinKick into low wall=kill: second favorite method!

5/6: attempting to get better at the omnidirectional stealth kill. Looks awesome and levels fighting, wits, and reflex/powerhouse.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  12. The Stray Cat

The Stray Cat Got Your Back

As advantageous as a pistol is in the back pocket, nothing beats the pure thrill of pulverizing a zed's head with an axe or slicing it down to size with a katana.
    Of course, I'd only buy and use Zombie Tools for strict melee stuff. They make solid blades.

13. Griffonclaw39

Griffonclaw39 Here To Help

Headshots with a silenced, scoped rifle. I hate tipping off Ferals. My whole strategy in SoD is to avoid them or get them from a distance... a long one.

14. Geoff728

Geoff728 Got Your Back

That is what I call a party... Lol

XzerothreeX and Doomen Gloom like this.
  15. M >>>

M >>> Got Your Back

Gee, my favorite methods of fighting the "life-impaired" ?

1) Militarized and Oh so cooperative - Robots !
    Excuse me.... "Yes Sgt. DXC-22 ?"
    "SIR ! Requesting re-armament, oil change, and extensive maintenance SIR !"
    "Didn't your unit clear the city yet ?"
    "SIR NO SIR ! - Enemy hostiles receiving reinforcements SIR !"
    " #@ $ % * !"

* https://forums.undeadlabs.com/threads/silly-suggestion-for-games-state-of-decay.52330/#post-761625

2) Death from Above !
    Step one.... bait hordes into a clear space....then direct my FIRE BREATHING DRAGON TO ATTACK !
    * What's that ? Whaddya MEAN there's no magic based attacks ? !!!
    " #@ $ % * !"

* ( Deep breathing and some reflecting on the challenges of this partly "reality based" situation..... )

Okay....so you're telling me that this is a world where Science rules right ? Except - no one's explained how the revenants keep coming in infinite number....and what keeps them going.

3) Okay FINE ! ! New plan ! We get mad scientists to develop GIANT RAVENOUS RAVENS which like to eat dead things ! And turn them loose on the undead !

* What's that ? You say it would take too long, cost too much, there's no resources, no mad scientists available and the Ravens might turn on us too ?

" #@ $ % * !"

4) Okay FINE ! I choose FIRE !

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  16. TheFrightfulHog

TheFrightfulHog Got Your Back

One of the reasons I keep coming back to this game is the melee combat. Especially a fully beefed fighter/cardio wielding a blunt or blade, going to town on 10+ zeds, shucking and jiving, 1-hit-killing, heads popping. Looking like a damn samurai warrior. That's badass...

Using explosives is thrilling too. There's nothing like seeing a dozen or more just disappear into pink mist while the rest go flyin' appendages akimbo.

Bob Crees and XzerothreeX like this.