Final thoughts on Forum Closure.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Biker Steve, Jan 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QMJS

QMJS Famous

I don't have any problem with including other people, and I certainly don't think that anyone here was keeping them out. But engaging other people in other places shouldn't mean closing the doors here.

That rather strikes me as sending a pet to the "farm" so you can adopt some new ones.
    Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  2. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

That is certainly not the intention.

:) With that said, it's unlikely that anything I'm going to say is going to make this easier. *puts her armor back on*
    Vers, maltriagon, Bob Crees and 2 others like this.
  3. Morak

Morak Got Your Back

That is the problem with intentions, even the best of them can sometimes still feel like a punch to the gut.

@Undead Nicole I would like to thank you for all that you have done for us here and I really do appreciate the candid responses that you have made in this thread.
  4. OldDogF14

OldDogF14 Here To Help

Seriously, that's the justification you're ("you" being UL, not "you" being you) going to use? That in order to broaden the community it's necessary to shut down a portion of it? I see that Mr. Orwell is still alive and kicking. That really does fall neatly into the category of great decisions like "If we start in late June, I'm sure we can make it to Moscow before the snows start. Nah, the Russians won't mind" and "Sure, let's bomb Pearl Harbour! What's the worst that could happen?"

It is a blatant logical fallacy to assert that because there exist fans on other outlets that this forum needs to be shut down because "some people don't like to join forums." That's creating a false dilemma. If some don't like joining a forum, fine, reach out to them on those platforms they are comfortable with. But it's hardly the binary, either/or choice you're trying to make it seem. How does it logically follow that to include people who don't like using a forum, it is necessary and desirable to cut out those people who don't like using FB, Twitter, Discord, or whatever? And don't say that those latter can always just switch over to the new "cool" toys; that's a false choice. After all, that same option exists for the former, yet you're not forcing that choice on them.

I get it, you know. Orders are orders. But the logic behind this decision is riddled with holes large enough to drive a CVN through, and in terms of listening, UL appears to be in the same position as a medieval knight: armoured from head to toe and from ear to ear.
  5. Cejao

Cejao Famous

6. rebel36

rebel36 Famous

I understand that the Undead Labs/State of Decay community base extends beyond the forums. Many people who do not like or use the forums are also part of the larger UL/SOD community. What I do not understand and what really hurts, I think, is why this part of that community is being forced to use social media that we may not really enjoy. Many of us prefer the format of these forums. Why are we being singled out and forced to other formats? Aren't we also part of the community? People who like the many other types of social media are not being forced to come here. I've registered on Discord but I just don't enjoy the format. I'm just tired of the entire process. No one is listening anyway. I wish Undead Labs the best of success. Once these forums close I will stop by the Alamo (Swiss Army Knife's unofficial site) sometimes. But it will probably not be as often as I was on here. I'm just very disappointed in the way this ended. Take care all.
  7. CharlieChainsaw

CharlieChainsaw Here To Help

I just know NOTHING about discord. And Facebook and Twitter doesn’t allow us the same back and forth personal experience as these forums do. And speaking of contests.... those Bronto Gas jackets come in yet?? ;)
  8. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

@Undead Nicole, is there a possibility that the forums could open up again?
  9. Sailorwolf

Sailorwolf Famous

I agree strongly with @OldDogF14 and @rebel36 Being apart of these forums and this community has always meant a lot to me and it's sad to see it all just thrown a way like this. I guess the twitch streams will be the next to go :D

@Undead Nicole Wishing you and all UL staff the best now and always. Thank you all for your hard work and for SoD (the most awesome zombie game ever made). *big hug* Oh if you see Brant give him a hug for me unless he's asleep then don't wake him up lol he only got like 4 hours sleep
  10. Biker Steve

Biker Steve Got Your Back

Had a question about something that happened while playing yesterday and got my answer the usual way. Checked Google, and found the answer on this forum.

Too bad Discord doesn't allow people to do that.
  11. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Charlie, can you email me please?
    maltriagon, Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  12. Dantron

Dantron Here To Help

Dantron inquires which Sacred Oath Nicole has selected. :)

Dantron also cannot predict the future. Dantron does not need to predict the future as the current future is Dantron's past. ;)

Dantron is aghast that Nicole is not a billionty-aire. Aghast! :eek:

Dantron thought that all humans were billionty-aires, like Dantron. :oops:

Dantron states that Nicole has worked damned hard to make sure it stayed that way! :D

Quit copying Dantron's statements! :mad:
    Vers, Fabian907, Virgel and 6 others like this.
  13. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

I think this sums up my feelings - It is very sad:(
    Cejao and rebel36 like this.
  14. Gmutant

Gmutant Here To Help

I thought that Dantron was a time traveling robot?
    Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  15. Dantron

Dantron Here To Help

Dantron confirms that Gmutant thinks correctly. :)
    Gmutant, Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  16. zechs

zechs Here To Help

Dantron knows more than Dantron let's on. Being human, I'm curious as to what will happen to humans. Only Dantron won't let us know...
    Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  17. Cejao

Cejao Famous

"Often the wants of a few, ruin the needs of many."
    Gmutant, illdigurgrave and Bob Crees like this.
  18. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

There is enough love to share around, if there is a will? At least we have Hot Pies and Cold Beer at the Alamo.
  19. Dantron

Dantron Here To Help

Dantron states that the human species will become extinct. :(
  20. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

Well we have some hot engine oil at the Alamo:)
    maltriagon and Cejao like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.